Clones rate inconsistent..

• Thread starter connoisseurde420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

No dome. Just make drain cuts at the bottom, fill with straight coco, put clone in then water. Don't have my phone but I posted a pic of my veg and clone setup here https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...ble-og-f1-test-grow.64622/page-2#post-1317240. Middle is my cloning. I can fit 60 cups
nice setup there. I haven't used coco before, precharging concept always scared me away. Do you use gel? What do you water with for your clones? I been meaning to try it when I get my cloning situation under control, just don't want to compound my situation.

william76

william76

nice setup there. I haven't used coco before, precharging concept always scared me away. Do you use gel? What do you water with for your clones? I been meaning to try it when I get my cloning situation under control, just don't want to compound my situation.
I started having similar problems,i attributed it to cleanliness,i noticed a little bit green algae om the propagator around the time so now bleach my props weekly,problem solved,also give the mom a drink half hour before taking cuts,thhe difference is amazing,76

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I started having similar problems,i attributed it to cleanliness,i noticed a little bit green algae om the propagator around the time so now bleach my props weekly,problem solved,also give the mom a drink half hour before taking cuts,thhe difference is amazing,76
I bleach everything every time just so I know I'm clean. Watered heavy to leach yesterday so should be good for cuts right now. I'm going to spray them down with water and get ready to do some straight to promix clones

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Clean trays to start with
Tmp 22133 IMAG0948708480842

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Tmp 29940 IMAG0954708480842
I flushed this promix and added 400ppm of flower food and some hormex. I put the cuts in ro water for about an hour before I stuck them in the cups. I used rooting hormone, a fresh one poured in to a cup for dipping. Some wilted in the first hour so I added the domes and left the vents open. Most of them came from my room that is about ten days in to flower. I know they may take longer but I need as many as possible. I think they were the least affected by the salt buildup and I want to see how many rot in the stem. If it goes well I have more cubes and more solo cups for more.

lollipopman

lollipopman

Some times mine will slop over but will come back, I've never let mine sit in a cup. Just cut off mother straight into cup. For my mix 2ml kln, 5ml thrive alive a-1 and then 3 ml grow. Per 2gal. Good luck

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

What is the rh in your room? @lollipopman I didn't have time to stay and see how they did so I put dome on as a insurance.. tomorrow morning I will leave it off for a while and see how they do. Putting them in the cup builds turgor pressure and suppossed to keep them from wilting so bad.

lollipopman

lollipopman

Any where between 50-65 rh, I've tried a dome and got pm and mold from it. My thing is rapid rooters are just like coco but since they are small they dry out quicker so with coco in a cup I don't have to water but every 10 days or so

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

My rh is 30% today avg is 20-30% I need that boost at first I think...
Any where between 50-65 rh, I've tried a dome and got pm and mold from it. My thing is rapid rooters are just like coco but since they are small they dry out quicker so with coco in a cup I don't have to water but every 10 days or so

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Well figuring some things out today. Came back to look at my cuts and they have done well. Strains I felt were back in good health from flower room did good. My gsc x bb 2 in veg that I haven't been able to cut had only one survive . Most wilted but one shriveled. The rest look like they could be okay but it will take time to be sure. Here's a pic of the shrivel
Tmp 20095 IMAG0955708480842

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I sprayed them some and the domes gonna let them air out till I leave

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Ok farmers here's what I have found out. My process for the most part was fine and dandy. The real culprit was the health of my mothers. Most of my garden was reading 1800-2000+ppm. I reuse my promix which adds to the problem. Since monitoring my runoff. My plants are growing faster and look healthier.

The cuts I took in the post above died, the donor plants in flower needed to be flushed. Also after being stressed by high salts, the old growth doesn't appear to clone well duh. After taking this in to consideration I try somethings different on my next round of cuttings.

I took about 80 or so off a friend's outdoor plants he just threw out for a couple days. These were done with cubes and domes my traditional way.

Next I took from a spot I've been flushing for over a week another 40 or so. They need to be repotted but otherwise plenty of new growth on the tops for nice cuts.

Lastly I took 70ish cuts from tops of my best plants at my main spot in cubes and also in coco as suggested by several members. I only took awesome looking top growth. I used roots compressed blocks expanded with ro. Runoff was <100ppm. I mixed 30% perlite and precharged with 300ppm flower, iba, and that's it I think.

All were placed in my clone room away from gardens where I can pay good attention to them. Several have died but I'm not keeping track of ratios, anything over 50% would make me happy at this point. I give them all 1-4hours per day of no dome airing out. I put it back on if I see Alot of wilting but if they like it then I leave them open long as I'm there. I turned off the heat mats this time. No spraying, only dip in ro water when dry till they root. Never watered coco cuts after initial soak.

Outcome: the outdoor cuts are rooting right now just planted the first 5 at 14 days. Several more look to root any day.

The away spot I took several out today due to rot. Just guessing the needed more New growth or repot before cutting.

My last set looks good. It's been over a week for all of them several have swollen stems and look to root real soon.

I feel I have figured this out. I have my garden journal else where with the start dates and more notes. Keep y'all posted with pics as everything roots. The ones I planted all had fuzzy clumps of 5-10 points shooting out real nice. Feels good to figure Shit out. Feel dumb for the reason tho. Lost alot of $ because of this. I will always have enought cuts now constantly taking them from now on Lmao. If coco cuts root good they will be my side by side testers. coco seems alot easier to leach I want to make the switch :). Like the idea of not buying those cubes anymore, one less transplant step for me and less work(no dipping till they grow).

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

My clones in coco rooted before my cubes lol picked one out of the coco cups and it had roots jumping out the sides of the stem.
My new fav clone method I didn't have to do anything but pluck the bad cuts..
the ones I took from my friends out door are rooting. rate isn't good but they had mites, should have done my own spray when I got them to their home. Glad they rooted tho, gives me confidence.

Salt build up was definitely my problem.

Coco cuts and others in cubes I took at the same time were from super healthy tops of new growth that came in after flushing and a week or two of good nutrients being watered thru. Getting some to root and I expect my new cuts that aren't going to get salt buildup will clone better. Expensive lesson. Hope someone learns from this..

Top Bottom