Clones Recovering - Nutrient Deficiencies Present? [PICS]

• Thread starter Amas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Amas

A few weeks ago I had some serious problems with a pythium infection in DWC...
I ended up pulling my plants. I chopped off all of the roots and I chopped them up into several pieces and treated them like cloned cuttings, most of which survived. The ones that didn't were simply cut in places that are not conducive to further plant development (i.e. it's really hard to root a single cannabis leaf!)
This is the current state of the clones, and there are 3 new seedlings that sprouted 5 days before this image was taken (see: 5a, 6a, 8a)
Right click on the image and hit "Download Original"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wz0vpcflcjmknrx/20130628.jpg
I have them in 5 gallon pots with 50% peat moss + 25% organic soil (.1/.1/.1 NPK which is essentially zero) + 25% play sand.
A gallon or two of 150 ppm tap water was run through each pot with significant runoff to remove mobile contaminants.
A half liter of 450 ppm GH FloraNova Grow soln. was introduced to the top layer of the soil, saturating the first several inches of the top medium layer.
I wonder if I have a phosphorous deficiency (purple stem). The purple seems to have subsided a little since I fed them yesterday. I'm not sure if I should feed them again, perhaps with 600 ppm nutrient solution. I don't know how to tell if they are starting to be burned by nutes. I am afraid I an feeding them too little right now. Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

11b 11a 9b 9a 7b 7a all look like they are better off dead. If you could get cuts from anyone you could probably root them and have em growing faster than those will recover. Even on the chance that they do recover, they will be stunted for the remainder of their life. I highly doubt you are underfeeding. I'd lay off and let god decide. Go get some more cuts dude, better luck next time. Keep clean.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would go ahead and feed them a bit more, I see the P- and they look wanting for N, too. I would start with a worm casting tea, and maybe also an alfalfa tea (great boost of N in alfalfa). The casting tea (actively aerated) will also get some beneficial microbes into the root zone.

A

Amas

Thank you for your advice. I will make an attempt at the teas and I will probably chuck 7, 9, and 11 or plant them outside.

Latest posts

Top Bottom