clones root a little, then stall

• Thread starter weedfarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

weedfarm

cloning in plugs, in trays. Take the dome off for a few hours every day.

Struggling to get roots. never had this problem before. But when they do root, I will get one or two tap roots, then nothing for 5 or more days. i never get explosive root growth like I have had in the past

I have rooted 1000's of clones using the same exact procedure in a different spot with 95% + success rate. this time I am getting my ass kicked

currently trying rockwool cubes side by side with my plugs

W

weedfarm

cloned in different spots

#1 well water PPM around 70

#2 tap water PPM around 70

#3 Problem spot, different water source than #2. PPM around 70.

I dont think PH is an issue. I never adjusted PH before.

Think its chlorine?

convex

convex

If water is the changed variable, then I would start there.

Cheers

T

TheRealBoss

Also you can use some B'cuzz Rooting...some strains are harder to root than others and I would always PH.
B'Cuzz Root Stimulator

"Plants progress through many stages of development, from a single cell into a flowering plant. Growers speak of the plant, grow, ready-to-flower, and final-flower stages."

"During every stage, the plant has specific needs for optimum growth. These changing nutritional needs of the plant have been known and used for years by growers. What is less known and understood by growers are the potential impact of bio-stimulators and plant enhancers (such as proteins, sugars, enzymes, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids, and vitamins) during the growing stages."

"B'Cuzz Bio-Stimulants are tailored to work sequentially with each other through the growing stages, to not disturb the biological balance while maximizing growth. With B'Cuzz, the professional grower can stimulate the plant from seed or cutting to mature plant with rapid and efficient fission, cell expansion, and cell differentiation (lots of produce!). B'Cuzz grown plants are excellent for cloning."

"You can use B'Cuzz without altering your standard growing process, whether that be in soil, coco, or hydroponically."
http://www.planetnatural.com/site/b-cuzz-root-stimulator.html

B'Cuzz Root Stimulator ensures strong root growth and reduces the chance of root diseases like root lice and fusarium. Mix one tsp. / 5 quarts of water.

E

EACH1TEACH1

my first guess would be that you might be keeping them to wet. what is important is the evaporation process from h2o out of cube it pulls root from stem in search of the slowly evaporating h2o. so when they are almost all the way dry dont soak to heavily or the evaporation process will take longer, hence longer time till roots appear. are they on heat pad if not purchase one. different strains do also have different rooting times. your success rate drop is baffling. im still at 100%

W

weedfarm

my first guess would be that you might be keeping them to wet. what is important is the evaporation process from h2o out of cube it pulls root from stem in search of the slowly evaporating h2o. so when they are almost all the way dry dont soak to heavily or the evaporation process will take longer, hence longer time till roots appear. are they on heat pad if not purchase one. different strains do also have different rooting times. your success rate drop is baffling. im still at 100%

Old method

rapid rooters, root riot or similar type plug
10ml hygrozyme/gallon of water
Soak plugs in ^ solution
cut clones 10-20 at a time
trim leaves
poke hole in plug
dip cut into Clonex
put into plug
50 plugs per tray, 4-20 trays depending on op
cover tray with dome
place under 4' fluro
open dome 2-3 times a day
mist domes
spray plugs when they got drier, keeping them moist or brownish but not soaked

that worked great for almost 2 years

new location

I tried repeating the same thing and I get clones that go 3 weeks, dont root and just eventually wilt. They look great for the first 10 days

No, I am not anal about being sterile. Well a couple times I did, wiped the counter down with alcohol, scissors in alcohol, etc. Trays,inserts and domes are washed in bleach, then rinsed real good every time.

Some will root, but like I said, they get a couple tap roots and nothing more. I wonder if that is a sign it is too moist and the roots are not looking for water

I have tried different variations, wetter, dryer, etc. This is about my 5th round of cloning these plants. This IS a different strain that was gifted to me, AK47. The donor was a newb grower, just sprouted some seeds and got a decent AK47. I am using it because I just started over and only had seeds from hermies that produced hermies. Anyway, this guy cloned in rockwool cubes and every clone he gave me had nice roots coming out. he had no problems, everything rooted for him. I think he tended to keep everything real wet

I also tried rockwool, soaked it overnight at around 5.5-5.8. that didnt work either

I have 4 trays now with 25ish per tray. One tray has rockwool cubes and I left those uncovered since the cubes were so wet. after 3-4 days they seem to be drying out.

I just dont understand

It is killing me, I have an empty table (2-3 weeks now), waiting on plants, and a 2nd table flushing, scheduled to come down next weekend. I dont have anywhere near what I need. This sucks big time. Non med state, nobody to get clones from, donor of the Ak's quit growing

I am tempted to buy an aero cloner

maybe i should try some bottled water, a few gallons of distilled water? Maybe its chlorine

sky high

sky high

It could be the strain, bro. I have a Blueberry that I can get to root up in less than 10 days like clockwork....but i was gifted a Chemdog D clone that takes an EASY 14-21 days and 1/2 of the cuts taken will develop NO root whatsoever.

Been waiting a month or more for Chemdog D cuts to go in my UC. Had to clone TWICE just to get 6 plants to go forward.... so I feel for ya on the "empty room" syndrome.

good luck

s h

F

fatdub

i feel you too...mine are getting crunchy, not sure what I'm doing wrong...
couple drops of superthrive and 5ml of g-rex once I saw some roots starting to pop...roots are small but look healthy so far

just not sure what is causing the crunchy twisting leaves, even the small new growth is starting to dry up

Top Bottom