Clones stunned growth???

• Thread starter theslums
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theslums

so i have clones that have been vegging since 7/24 and they have not been growing fast enough. a couple are yellow-green throughout, i fed them kelp meal only a tblspn.. they have been in 24hr lighting since i think there stressed from the light. first 12hrs are under 1000hps and other 12 under 2 40watt florescents. i just switched to 18/6 last night... i think im gonna keep them under florescents til they start to recover and next watering im gonna give them floranova grow just a couple drops maybe 1
let me know any input thanks

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
LOL...what did you stun them with??? You had to mean stunted.

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
More than happy to give you a hand. I'm not sure how big or how old your clones are so I'm going to assume that they are small and your looking for them to grow robust roots.
The fluroescents 40W guys are the way you want to go at this point in time.

Turn off the 1000w hps for now. That comes later. You can easily go 24/ or 18/6 whichever you prefer. I'd just stay on the 24/7 because the energy usage is so minimal.

As far as nuits are concerned I've found that Super Thrive and/or Thrive Alive (Green or Red) will stipulate the kind of root growth yor looking for. Only after they have grown three or four inches should you give them any ferts and then only at 1/4 strength.

The clone(s) that are yellow are screaming for nitrogen. I'd add a very very weak nitro fert to the above Super Thrive and/or Thrive feeding to those.

Once they are 4 or 5 inches high you can feed them all low nitro ferts and they will go nuts for you under a 400W full spectrum hps. Once they have grown to 12 inches or more you can give them full recommeded amounts of veg ferts.

Save the 1000w hps full spectrum for flowering or in veg once they have fully matured provided you plan on growing trees. If your not growing trees then rely on the 400w hps to do the veg job for you and the 1000w for flowering when you go 12/12.

Everything changes if you go big time with say an Under Current system.
Then the strategy uses 1000w hps earlier. However, I feel confident that your not using that set up at this point.

The flur 40w with do an excellent growing the roots your looking for and will aid your yellowing plants to turn green again without stressing the plants.

Peace,

T

theslums

yea im gonna put them back under the flurescents so they can recover... most are 30days old they were rooting and vegging the roots are good they just stopped growing all together. i gave them a tblspn kelp but i dont kno if its doing anything cant tell at all but when the dirt dries out i will give them flora nova grow

T

theslums

yea i kno i jus dont have a camera right now. there about 2-3inches tall in 24ounce cups and they filled the cups pretty good they just came to a hault put em under florescent for 18/6 so they wont stress and gave them kelp meal they look like there getting a little greener but we;ll se in the next couple of days`

H

hgihbrid1

are the clones rooted? regardless, you dont want to put fresh clones under any HID light. Until they are rooted, keeping them in ambient room light or a foot under a 20w flo tube is enough. Once they have small roots, move em 1-2 feet under a 40w cfl and transplant them to a more medium.

T

theslums

if u guys read i put them in 24oz cups and the cups are fll but not full enough t transplant

G

gudkarma

they need nourishment.

like jonnynu informed, start giving them a low strength nute solution.

dont overwater either.

good luck bro.

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
You can get them big in a 24 oz cup, so you should not have to xplant anytime soon if they are only a few inches tall. I grow my clones out in cups, too, many times. If they are 2-3 inch clones, you can let them go til they are 6"+ before xplanting.

Do you use any sort of cloning gel/powder for your cuts before you put them in the medium? I like to use Clonex gel, works great everytime and have 100% success rate using that, Nitrozyme Kelp Extract, & Superthrive to start out. Once they start to yellow, I like to hit them up with a decently balanced organic nute line such as Age Old Organic's Grow & Kelp.

I agree with what everyone else said.. Superthrive or any B vitamin/hormone stack is what you will need!! Use a good, time tested and easy organic nute line such as Age Old Organics to get them some N/grow and Kelp. Great for beginners and old timers alike. 24 hour light under F.L. is a must too, ime. Lastly, I would give them a foliar spray with kelp, superthrive, and Age Old Organics Grow. They will really love ya for the quick foliar.. It'll allow them to green up much faster and the extra humidity could be a good thing for them, too.

Happy harvests!

J

johard59

stunned growth

stunned growth is not only of the lighting, mainly check you temperature, humidity , and the soil, capacity to restore the minerals and the water.

K

Kelgor

Hello Johard59. I ordered a sweet water pipe from Smokewire.com on the 15th or 16th. of Sept. (last month). Then I received this email:
--------------------------------------------------
Urgent : verification needed cc payment on site smokewire
"[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Add to Contacts
To: [email protected]
Hello,

You made transactions on the website smokewire with a credit card that does not belong to you.

A big number of payments are contested by people who do not recognize a transaction on their bank account details because a relative of them have used their credit card without any authorization.

For this reason we must make sure that the cardholder agrees with these transactions and we would be grateful if you may put us in touch with him (by phone only).
You can ask him to contact us at this number + 33 1 80 89 51 86 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************+ 33 1 80 89 51 86******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting + 33 1 80 89 51 86 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or give us a number to contact him.

You must know that using the card of a third person is strictly forbidden by the law, even if this person is a relative or a family member.

We want to point out that, without a confirmation from the cardholder within 48hours, we will be obliged to consider that the card has been used fraudulently and that the cardholder does not agree with the payment.
We will have then to contact the issuing bank in order to cancel the payment, which will lead to high overdue fees and, if you refuse to pay for it, legal proceedings.

We thank you for your cooperation.
Kind regards.

Paysite Cash Fraud Dept

Tel :
(FR) 01 80 89 51 86
(IT) 01 99 44 23 29
(BE) 07 80 77 461
(CH) 04 15 12 60 40
(UK) 08 70 06 85 807
(US) 213 235 10 35

Fax : + 33 1 74 18 09 95

---------------------------------
Not at all sure what to do. Can you give me any advice?

Sincerely,
Peter

Top Bottom