Clones Unrooted

• Thread starter needshelpguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Hi there these are the clones after two weeks and the ones in the black pottles have not rooted yet, I first had the sick one in the pottle by itself to make sure they would be okay and i put it under my 600W HID at distance misted occasionally etc this one rooted I was advised to put the other 25 under the purple light which is just red/blue led strip 100W after two weeks they have started yellowing slightly and unrooted today i have move them all under the 600W at distance I think they may have not rotted due to to much water in soil from mist dripping in etc any pointers would be much appreciated
Clones unrooted 4

Clones unrooted
Clones unrooted 2
Clones unrooted 3
Clones unrooted 5
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

For clones, a small t8 fluorescent would work out much better. Sounds like way too much light, imo. Those clear tubs are no good either. Roots and light don' mix. Make sure you have drainage holes as well.

When taking clones snip the leaf tips off about 1/8-1/4 to promote root growth, vs normal growth. A dome may also be needed for your application. Not needed for an aero cloner.

Dome!
Stupid damn autocorrect

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

For clones, a small t8 fluorescent would work out much better. Sounds like way too much light, imo. Those clear tubs are no good either. Roots and light don' mix. Make sure you have drainage holes as well.

When taking clones snip the leaf tips off about 1/8-1/4 to promote root growth, vs normal growth. A some may also be needed for your application. Not needed for an aero cloner.
And to add, by snipping off the leaf tips, it is way easier to see new growth as it comes in;)

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

When taking clones snip the leaf tips off about 1/8-1/4 to promote root growth, vs normal growth. A dome may also be needed for your application. Not needed for an aero cloner.

Dome!
Stupid damn autocorrect
It is way too much light

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I pulled one out and sorta looks mushy like its been in a little too much water should i cut n re clone or leave it n see what happens?

G gnome

G gnome

The purpose of cutting the leaves of clones is not to promote root growth nor is it to spot new growth. The reason it is common practice is to arrest transpiration whilst the plant roots. It does not in any way promote root growth

Dunge

Dunge

Just to finish out the spectrum of "reasons to trim leaf ends", perhaps it is so more cuttings can be packed together without obstructing each other.
Agricultural practices are often very practical.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
did you not see my stacked clones that was after i took half out because they rooted. Cutting the leaf slows things down and if a leaf gets stuck under the dome lid get a bigger dome space is not an issue for farmers cloning. However cutting off the leaf is not a good idea when every leaf has a purpose and the old leaf still works fine. for me there is no reason to cut the leaf even though its practiced in the farming industry as you say. Its ok if leaf sit on top of other leaf.
You worry too much hahaha ... Look a 10 dollar shop light will do 100 clones... Youre trying too hard

IMG 20180220 190634 753
IMG 20180213 202044 639
Top Bottom