Clones vs Seeds

• Thread starter BigD66
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigD66

BigD66

Hi all. I’m a new grower who has a couple grows started.
I recently picked up these clones (I wanted some strain variety) and noticed that they are much taller and thinner than my plants from seed.
Should I just let them grow for a while, or do I prune them somehow now?

The one bushier photo is of an Amnesia Haze I sprouted on 05/01.
Clones vs seeds
Clones vs seeds 2
Clones vs seeds 3
Clones vs seeds 4
Clones vs seeds 5

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Well I really expends what your trying to do. I notice that these are all outdoor pictures, do you intend to continue to keep them outdoors? If so the difference in height will not really matter. If you were hoping to bring them indoors and put them under artificial light the height differential may cause you problems.
the printing and topping is up to you. Your short plants as looking really nice, keep it up.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The thinner ones will catch up somewhat, but the shorter ones will probably stay shorter and bushier. By the looks of things, one is mostly sativa and will usually grow taller than most of today's strains which have been bred to stay short to make indoor growing easier. The thinner ones will fill out somewhat but won't likely grow into a massive redwood at this point since it has grown tall and a little lanky already. That being said, there isn't a reason that both of them can be great plants and producers. Keep 'em vegging for as long as possible and it will maximize your yield. Good Luck!!

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah they def need topping i think.or bending over and train them gradually..thats just my opinion ..specially if they were in the ground.but im not sure if they are strong enough to bend them.id hate to give you that advice and something happened lol but you will have to support those girls. Soon.. when you put the support cage around them you could use tie wire etc to the cage to help them out..when you tip them it slows them down a couple weeks..i normally tip them early after 3 set of true leaves then bend .like Jimster said they maybe more sativa dominant and bigger gaps between the internodes.seed is the best way .better root system to support the plant...

BigD66

BigD66

Yeah they def need topping i think.or bending over and train them gradually..thats just my opinion ..specially if they were in the ground.but im not sure if they are strong enough to bend them.id hate to give you that advice and something happened lol but you will have to support those girls. Soon.. when you put the support cage around them you could use tie wire etc to the cage to help them out..when you tip them it slows them down a couple weeks..i normally tip them early after 3 set of true leaves then bend .like Jimster said they maybe more sativa dominant and bigger gaps between the internodes.seed is the best way .better root system to support the plant...
Ueah. I think seeds are the way to go. However I wanted to get some strain variety without having to buy 10 seeds for each strain. The clones were simply more cost effective

Top Bottom