Clones Went Out Too Early

• Thread starter JbirdKushman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JbirdKushman

JbirdKushman

Hello everyone, I put out 10 clones on March 18 this year and within one month they had started to pre-flower pretty hard. It is now May 2 and they have been showing signs of re veg for a solid week and a half. I did try to use supplemental lighting but unfortunately it was too little too late. I have read that the weird one bladed curled leaf looking growth should only last for up to a month until it returns to normal vegetative growth, but I don't know if I should leave the pre-flowers on the plants or try to remove them. Will definitely not make the mistake of putting cleanse out to early again. Btw. The plants are huge now a special leave them on my pop from seed in late December LOL

Clones went out too early
Clones went out too early 2
Clones went out too early 3
Clones went out too early 4
Clones went out too early 5
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If you put 24/7 supplimental light on them they will reveg quicker. Im just about done with two plants I accidentally flipped from 24/0 to 6/18 instead of 18/6 then I revegged them for about a month before reflowering. Its like an explosion of popcorn, Ill be trimming for days...

tifosi

tifosi

They look like they will make it to me,it's common to end up with dead popcorn in the middle of the plant later on. You want to remove this stuff as you see it, It can cause mold & it's the perfect house for bugs. I like to use seeds & pop them the first of April to avoid this.Good luck grow them big & keep them green

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

they are revegging for sure but you have way to many plants in that space for full term outdoor. looking nice but thats going to be an overgrown forest by October.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

only thing going to happen with the pre flowers is they will grow new stems by the tons re veg is the ez way to super crop and should not take 30 days to pull out of it you will b fine

JbirdKushman

JbirdKushman

they are revegging for sure but you have way to many plants in that space for full term outdoor. looking nice but thats going to be an overgrown forest by October.
The plants are re-vegging very well, some better than others. The larger plant pictured is a BUSH and is almost head high. The bottom of the plant has big, resinous buds that seem to be getting larger by the day while the tops are showing signs of almost pure veg growth. I kinda feel like an asshole for putting the plants through this much confusion but hey its a learning experience and an experiment. Luckily I can take a bunch of cutting from these plants and put those out mid June or so.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

see re veg turns them in to a bush with out any work from you

The Terps

The Terps

You should pull them and replant new clones they will do much better than reveg I would say that till the end of June. At least get one new plant so you can see first hand what you want to do in the future

BudBogart

BudBogart

Last year I had two plants pre flower and start shooting one leaves. Recommendations were to toss and replace them.
I had no replacements so I left them. I am glad I did. They grew a great amount of bud that grew, lingered and then finished a couple weeks before the rest of the crop. The buds were great, dense and once trimmed unable to distinguish from other buds.
For me, getting an early finish was great. Good luck.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
When you monster crop your final product will look like an explosion of popcorn and larf. Its a trimming nightmare, the only thing its good for is if you are going to make a whole plant concentrate imo.
I should know, my recent harvest was two plants that got flipped to 6/18 instead of 18/6 for over a week from 24/0 by mistake and then they were flipped back to 24/0 for a month before flipping to 12/12.
The buds had wild popcorn shoots everywhere instead of cola buds.

JbirdKushman

JbirdKushman

How do you get the stalk like that.
Grow from seed. Top and tie down. I kept 2 side node branches and topped twice. Tie down to try to keep each growth tip at the same level so the plant doesn't favor one top over another (equal growth). This method gave me 6 huge branches that are like a HP per.

JbirdKushman

JbirdKushman

You should pull them and replant new clones they will do much better than reveg I would say that till the end of June. At least get one new plant so you can see first hand what you want to do in the future
Luckily I had a male in the garden long enough to polinate the bottom halves of the plants. The new growth that has switched into re veg isn't preggo cuz i pulled the male but I have collected 100's of viable seeds from each strain in the garden and those are growing right now. About 25 of em on thier 3rd/4th node full sun full soil.

JbirdKushman

JbirdKushman

Last year I had two plants pre flower and start shooting one leaves. Recommendations were to toss and replace them.
I had no replacements so I left them. I am glad I did. They grew a great amount of bud that grew, lingered and then finished a couple weeks before the rest of the crop. The buds were great, dense and once trimmed unable to distinguish from other buds.
For me, getting an early finish was great. Good luck.
Thanks for the insight brotha. I'm very glad I left them in there because they are all in different stages and gave me different benefits. I've learned so much this season already. The strong OG strains were reluctant to turn back to veg and I have strated to harvest them for seed, some unseeded flower that I will dry, and I've gotten very good at the art of making Charas (Himalayan finger hash technique). Constantly harvesting, constantly using whatever I harvest to it's best potential for me.

Top Bottom