Clones with only 3 blades???

• Thread starter ColasQueen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ColasQueen

These are some clones that I just started from my mother plants. I had to kill the mothers as they were looking like they were going into flower and got mites. Ithought mothers could live for years, but was told recently that mothers will start to look like they are flowering (pistals at every node) when they are reaching their "end of life". Is this true?

However, I don't understand why some of the clones have strange leaf patterns. Instead of 5-7 points, they only have 2 or three. I have attached photos and would appreciate any feedback/thoughts!

Also, on the clones that have few points, there are trichomes on the tops/bottoms of the leaves......strange....

Cheers,
CQ

Clones with only 3 blades
Clones with only 3 blades 2
E

ent

They are revegging. Since you mothers started to flower you must have revegged them. That's why the leafs look deformed. Keep the light on 24 hours a day and after a couple weeks they will begin to show normal leaves again. Some say this may cause genetic drift, but in my experience it does not.

Mothers shouldn't flower on you if you keep them healthy under 24 hours of light. i've had strains start to flower after about a year on 18/6, so since then I keep 24 hours of light on my moms. I have a mother from late 2006 that is just fine. Once in a while I'll pull the plant out of the pot and remove some spiraling roots at the bottom with a hacksaw then add more soil. This helps keep them healthy. I also use an enzyme product on my mothers regularly to promote a healthy root system.

C

ColasQueen

Thanks for the feedback, yes, i also had my mothers under 18/6 and will make sure to keep them at 24 going forward. Didn't realize I was re-veggin them.
I currenly have the clones under 600's (just moved them into grow room last week). I am doing 18/6, but will now change them to 24 until normal leaves start appearing. I am in "Week 1" on my feeding regime, does this mean I have to push out my schedule? I usually do 3 wk veg and 8 wk flower....
Which enzyme product do you use and how?
CQ:icon_spin:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
somwhere on this site is a great thread about revitalizing an older mom

Top Bottom