Cloning a flowering plant (late flower)

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

I'm about 55 days into 80+ days on some Valley OG. The place I got this clone from recently closed :(. In order to keep some is this strain going for myself, I want to clone it.

What's the process for cloning a flowering plant? Take a lower branch with smaller/less budsites?
How do I treat this clone differently than a normal clone? Will it revert back to veg stage before, during, or after initial rooting phase?

brownstormy

brownstormy

The process should be pretty much the same.. Just takes longer and looks stranger ;)

I take lower branches with underdeveloped buds as cuts taken from the lower part of plant tend to root faster anyways. Stick them in my home made cloner with a bit of superthrive and have roots in about a week (clones from veg take 5days). I start off with 24hrs of light for the first few days then dropped to 18/6 to encourage root strike with the darkness.

Important to leave the bud on as that's where the new growth will start. Be prepared for a much more spidery plant. First few leaves may be strange looking.

This isn't called monstercropping for nothing. Really good for scrogging, training and an over all bushier plant. Good for those without room for mother plants, but genetic degradation will be accelerated because you're taking a cut from a cut from a cut from a cut from a cut from a cut... ;)

devious d

devious d

ive been using an areo cloner and propagator, for the cuts flowering use the areo they root real quick, surprised myself, bit off strange growth bits of bud all over the plant once they get going, but quicker than regular cuts? peace D.D

purpleberry

purpleberry

I hAd to do this with a plant at 9 weeks and it rooted really fast in the cloner, but is just looking like it wants to grow leaves 8 weeks later. I think its going to make it.

Top Bottom