cloning cannabis outdoors

• Thread starter Avrilb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Avrilb

Avrilb

Hi everyone this summer I took some basic glass cups filled with tap water and placed cannabis cuttings in them outside and they are starting to root but only still nubs. They are approx. in their second week. Should I add anything to the water to foster root growth? At what point should I plant them? Any suggestions for planting them? Any wisdom you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

dont let fungus grow in your cups,hot weather and sunlight will grow it ramped,you can also change water ,when you get fish bone roots get it to some soil,i make sure i have nice little fishbones on them when they get about a 1/4 in long coming off the clone do it,get um some love,dont interupt them if they are growing,plants will grow roots out the ass in search of nutrients and that were your roots get to the right time to plant

Avrilb

Avrilb

Thanks for replying! What is the best soil medium in your experience for little baby clones like this. How large should the pots be compared to the clones. Right now my babies range from a few inches to about eight inches or so in height.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks for replying! What is the best soil medium in your experience for little baby clones like this. How large should the pots be compared to the clones. Right now my babies range from a few inches to about eight inches or so in height.
you ever heard of coastofmaine starter soil,that stuff is the best soil i have ever grown in,really wish you could do a whole grow with it,freaking seedlings and clones run wild in it loaded with every thing right for younguns,clones i stick them in there to they get good feet under them then go to ocean forest,seeds go straight to ocean forest same with veggies,i start all my stuff in ocean around dec and put all outside in mother earth i built outside middle of march,gives me a jump start on all my happy bugs that love to eat fresh new seedling especially peppers,i did have a great harvest of carrots using the coast of maine soil in a 15 gal tote,tried a few others too,but when flowers set i was out there feeding them,carrots went all the way threw though

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thank you so much oldskol4evr I am going coastofmaine and am super excited to see how it goes!
i bet you will like it,it might even do a whole run in veg and then start to feed during flower,i never tried it,i build my own soil and use it,i just start everything i can indoors for spring planting,tell you another i found works really good in containers,that kellog soil from home depot,good stuff but poops out about a month in.
my container garden is all 18 gal totes,first i get soil texture right,i keep sand and silt even and about 1/3rd clay,comes up to sandy loam,then i use 1 tbsp of gypsum,1 tbsp of 0-46-0 phosphurus,1 tbsp of potash,1 1/2 tbsp of langbenite,1 tbsp of blood meal,check npk of the soil after 30 days and done for the year,works great,hey by the way if you live in the states check out the new fox farm soil,got a bull dog on the front of bag,shit stannnnnnk but damn it good stuff,now that stuff would be to hot for seeds or seedlings in my opinion,more like a super soil,it also peters out about a month before harvest with water only

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thank you!!!
if you want to learn how to do texture test and build a base to make your own soil holler at me,more times than not the best soil is were you live,the envoriment you live in and such,it not hard just time consuming,that were you bite the bullet buy bag soil until your gear is cooked and ready to rock

Avrilb

Avrilb

Best I have seen in terms of showing how to calculate the soil composition thanks, very practical.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

just take some soil from your yard might be surprised,once you have the layers right then amend thats all to it really,you can also take the water from the jar and a cheap NPK kit you can do testing with all including ph,do ph first it has to be dry going in ,what i do is put soil in jar the ro water shake it up and wait to you have the 24 hr time period and take a spoon and take off all floating,compost and such,after i get it off i let it settle again about a hour then do my npk test,if you do all that i mention there be know guessing anymore,if ph and npk is right and adequite then if you have issues you already at the plate at what did you do,if you dig what im saying and go from there,thing is we can all guess what a problem is,but none know what you did 3 days earlier that how long it takes to show it face in soil unless you really did it hahahahah,let me know if you need help im glad to help

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Great video
it really is the key bro,with this and ph npk testing anything wrong you got to stoned hahahah,i been on these sites for 10 plus years,one thing i know that when folk ask for help,most dont even know what they got,take bag soil,right there your down to 2 more chances,because it is a chance with them,testing every 3 or 4 yrs and all you do is water and get fatter,i swear oither night i got the munchies,ate at least 40 of them grape tomato's woke up to flying shits hahahah .
thats why i say doesnt matter medium you use water or soiless or soil all require same intake,you have to know what keeps them happy and testing does the trick,like insurance but only cost about 12 bucks for a kit and on amazon a basic soil sample test is about 25 bucks,for a full break down of cation exchange and all the goodies along with that a test every 3 or 4 years for a 100 bucks is worth the trip for me,my kids and grand kids kinda depend on old pop pop for veggies,which is weird,my 7 yr old grand baby loves brocille,squash,califlour,shit my mama beat the hell out of me to eat veggies as a kid hahahah,i do it for them,me i just like green leaves growing every were even my medicine i love seedling and veg,when flower come on plants are ugly to me lmao

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

it really is the key bro,with this and ph npk testing anything wrong you got to stoned hahahah,i been on these sites for 10 plus years,one thing i know that when folk ask for help,most dont even know what they got,take bag soil,right there your down to 2 more chances,because it is a chance with them,testing every 3 or 4 yrs and all you do is water and get fatter,i swear oither night i got the munchies,ate at least 40 of them grape tomato's woke up to flying shits hahahah .
thats why i say doesnt matter medium you use water or soiless or soil all require same intake,you have to know what keeps them happy and testing does the trick,like insurance but only cost about 12 bucks for a kit and on amazon a basic soil sample test is about 25 bucks,for a full break down of cation exchange and all the goodies along with that a test every 3 or 4 years for a 100 bucks is worth the trip for me,my kids and grand kids kinda depend on old pop pop for veggies,which is weird,my 7 yr old grand baby loves brocille,squash,califlour,shit my mama beat the hell out of me to eat veggies as a kid hahahah,i do it for them,me i just like green leaves growing every were even my medicine i love seedling and veg,when flower come on plants are ugly to me lmao
Always a good laugh in your posts. Love the humor and the wisdom. I'm gonna make it to soil yet. Probably not until next spring but hey... Gotta start somewhere. So much to learn before transition.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Always a good laugh in your posts. Love the humor and the wisdom. I'm gonna make it to soil yet. Probably not until next spring but hey... Gotta start somewhere. So much to learn before transition.
easy and dont know one try tell ya there isnt work using soil ha,i spend more time with my hands in soil ,cant even try to put a number on it,works me to death,damn garden chic i married 37 yrs ago is good for pollinating her squash plants and that it,when the fruit come on ,she finds canning and stuff ro do,im left with 50x50 bottom garden and 22 totes and 2 55 gal barrel container garden up top behind house,easy my ass shit im hulled out hahahahh,thats why i was thinking the cucmbers ,they take a lot of room ,im make that can work,im like you road to discovery haaha,can is a lot cooler with the air running in it

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

easy and dont know one try tell ya there isnt work using soil ha,i spend more time with my hands in soil ,cant even try to put a number on it,works me to death,damn garden chic i married 37 yrs ago is good for pollinating her squash plants and that it,when the fruit come on ,she finds canning and stuff ro do,im left with 50x50 bottom garden and 22 totes and 2 55 gal barrel container garden up top behind house,easy my ass shit im hulled out hahahahh,thats why i was thinking the cucmbers ,they take a lot of room ,im make that can work,im like you road to discovery haaha,can is a lot cooler with the air running in it
Lmao my wife has killed cactus and I'm not even joking.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Lmao my wife has killed cactus and I'm not even joking.
i fire mine every year,she be all pumped to get soil ready ,plant,wait to she gets first squash and she gone,she will polinate them for about 2 weeks and thats it fired cant stand her lmao

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

my daughter in law loves these damn cactus here,i cut them bitchs down as soonas i see anew one coming in hahahah,damn snakes scorpions every were haha grand daughter got stung on hand just last week,felt something in her shoe ,so she takes it off and sticks her hand in there,zap she wont do that again and now she listens to old country folks hahahah,2 yrs ago this old new wave garden chic was on my ass because a damn snake was right here in living room floor,acting like i put its ass there,hate any thing that sticks or stings,give her kudos for killing the cactus hahahah

Top Bottom