• Thread starter Yellow93
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Both, depending on strain.
I run a 36 site aero, really clean to operate.
It also seams to cut down beginning root growth by 4-6 days. But it takes more time to maintain and clean in between cycles. But definitely is more appropriate to get longer and bigger roots because the reservoir is deeper.

Plugs are easy peasy or more convenient.
I find it takes longer to get roots, harder to maintain the proper temp.
Easy maintenance and cleaning.
Got to make sure you keep that water level perfect to.
Perfect for seeds to
03DB3698 6309 4C7F 871C D264F764EC1E

D2059CBA 32FE 468D 91C1 8DE606B6831F

74BFBA98 3252 47ED AE87 77BC37B678B5

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Aeroponics because I have used close to every other method and I enjoy "set it and forget it" like a fucking rotisserie chicken as I get older. I take cuts and 4-6 days later roots start to appear. 10-14 days and they are ready for solos. Rinse and repeat. My only complaint about aeroponics is that I have made several 5 gallon buckets and it is never enough. I should have just made a few rubbermaid tubs out of the gate. Fucking hindsight. Learn from my folly.

@1diesel1 36 site aero? Is that the one from your thread or do you have a link to build instructions? I found a video for a 35 site tub, but it isn't very thorough. I am usually running multiple buckets in rotation haha. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Aeroponics because I have used close to every other method and I enjoy "set it and forget it" like a fucking rotisserie chicken as I get older. I take cuts and 4-6 days later roots start to appear. 10-14 days and they are ready for solos. Rinse and repeat. My only complaint about aeroponics is that I have made several 5 gallon buckets and it is never enough. I should have just made a few rubbermaid tubs out of the gate. Fucking hindsight. Learn from my folly.

@1diesel1 36 site aero? Is that the one from your thread or do you have a link to build instructions? I found a video for a 35 site tub, but it isn't very thorough. I am usually running multiple buckets in rotation haha. Positive vibes...

~nugzz
Stoned, it’s a 32 I’ve got 2 = 64.
These 2 run the sprinklers in the bottom.
F84E048D FE04 4A1F 8D38 6F1D68C75CC4

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I have a 60 to but haven’t used it yet, I’m scared to. Lol!
It worked great, no problems but getting it up narrow rickety basement stairs to get it to shower for cleaning was a pain, so bulky & some pieces were easily cracked. They probably make them better now, mine was almost 10 years ago lol

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I never had any luck with my home made aero cloner but I haven't tried it since we got an RO filter which I know will make all the difference.

We used root riot plugs in all the commercial grows and had 99.9% success rate.. I stay away from rock wool plugs these days, too. They hold too much water imo.

Yellow93

Yellow93

I have a 36 site EZ cloner. Perhaps I need to refine my procedure I don't always have great luck. Anyone have any tips or specifics for me?

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I have a 36 site EZ cloner. Perhaps I need to refine my procedure I don't always have great luck. Anyone have any tips or specifics for me?
Ph balanced water with cloning gel (Olivia's or clonex), just make sure you completely clean & disinfected & rinsed thoroughly between uses. Keep water balanced & full. Make sure you really clean or use new plugs too. See a theme? Extreme cleaning lol

Dan789

Dan789

Root riot plugs for me...works, not too hard keeping the moisture just right is what I found to be key to success.

Growing_Garbage

Growing_Garbage

Seedling tray full of plain ol' coco for me. Water the tray and make sure it all the little cubes are staying moist. I don't need 100% though. I just need one or two of each for the next round. But really if I put a dome or plastic container over the tray I get 95% in two weeks. Just cut plants, dip in an aloe branch, and stick in coco, get about 60% rooted in two weeks. (then stick the aloe branch in too, new aloe plants, got those in a 6 month rotation though.)

Did use a diy aero for a long time, but yes, the cleaning and up keep is very important! I have had some mess ups there(rotten instead of rooted).

Dbear180

Dbear180

I used the ezs for a long time & had 90% success for quite a while. One run I got slimed & it never worked the same, started losing half batches & the survivors were weak. Got a new one & by the 6th run same slime story again.

Keeping them clean & sterile & the right temp was a very big deal after a while, I just couldnt figure out what I was doing wrong. I probably had something going on in the manifold you cant take apart... I may make a PVC manifold & give it another try someday but until then both my 32s are collecting dust...

Ever since I've started using plugs I've had success rate in the high 90s. Soak plugs in weak flower base phd @ 6. Dip cutting in root tech gel, insert into squeeze dried plug, set in tray, mist dome, & cover. Mist dome twice a day & two weeks later I usually have roots.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Cleanliness is next to... oh fuck it I forget. This method is just what works best for me.

Specifics: I take the cuttings from the plant and then cut them a second time underwater with a razor blade to avoid embolisms (it is how I was taught to take cuttings as a kid). I also scrape off some of the epidermis/phloem, down to the cambium. I used to be very particular about this step and just scrape off 2-4 lines near the base of the stem, but this past week I took cuttings on the same day that I learned that a friend of mine had been murdered the night before. I was in shock and I was basically just in cruise control shaving the bottom of the stem similar to peeling a carrot. Later when I got home and had time to think about the activities of my day, I was kicking myself thinking that the cuts might not even root due to me mindlessly mutilating them. They ended up rooting quicker than ever. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

PeaceLuvNblunts

PeaceLuvNblunts

I agree aero is by far the more commercial route but the cleaning is balls!

I had a fair cheap 1 and had lots of issues with the flicker and pump best to buy decent

tried rockwool but think its pap hard to ph as it apparently has a high ph already and too low can cause it to dissolve

was the slaughter of a lot of humbolt seeds only 2 ewe-2 s out of 15 seeds where lousey seeds and terrible customer service Europe end tho! very dissapointed will go somewhere else next time

will go back to root riots and cant beat it CLONEX!

Growing_Garbage

Growing_Garbage

I also agree with Dbear180 with the flower food. I also only clone with water from the flower res, diluted and ph'ed if its over like 400ppm(depending on what stage flower is in) something about the phosphorus for them needing to root...can't remember the dets but it works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom