Cloning - dome or no dome??

• Thread starter l0g1c4l
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

DOME OR NO DOME?

• Total voters
Hanta

Hanta

I just took cuttings and put them in soil behind my other plants. The ones in more sun the next day were drooping so i pulled them. The ones still standing up I made makeshift bottle domes and those worked good for 2 days. Then I made a humidity box and was good for a day but then in the full sun (was cloudy everywhere so thought they were good) the box got sooo hot I was baking the plants, so just watch out for temperature.

Ace9137

Ace9137

I use jiffy peat seed starting mix, I mix it till it is wet and cakes, I use bonnetone cloning powder, some cheap mini cups, salvaged the dome from those economy party mix chips, cut a few small holes at the top, poor some water in the tray, and all this for less than twenty bucks. My success rate varies, I rarely have failure and really could not put a % to it, (the samples are not consistent). More so I usually and yet, not always take cuttings from late flower plants, much harder to do, well worth it in the long run, Being a pollen chucker as I am, just makes more branches so I can take more cuttings which leads to feminized seeds.

20190624 083620
20190624 083627
Top Bottom