Cloning For Outdoors

• Thread starter TokusMaximus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TokusMaximus

TokusMaximus

I have a clone that I originally intended on putting outdoors but instead turned it into a mother plant. It is on a 14 on/4 off/ 2 on/ 4 off light cycle. This was intended on acclimating the plant to spring daylight hours and preventing the plant from going into flower. Will cuttings root with this light cycle? If they would then clones could be put outdoors or to a flower chamber. My basic question is does it take a minimum of 18 hrs of light to root cuttings?

ken dog

ken dog

I've never heard of such a light cycle... But that doesn't mean anything.

I would just go for it... what's the worst that could happen?... And then you can tell us if it will work.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have a clone that I originally intended on putting outdoors but instead turned it into a mother plant. It is on a 14 on/4 off/ 2 on/ 4 off light cycle. This was intended on acclimating the plant to spring daylight hours and preventing the plant from going into flower. Will cuttings root with this light cycle? If they would then clones could be put outdoors or to a flower chamber. My basic question is does it take a minimum of 18 hrs of light to root cuttings?
There's no reason really why they won't root on that cycle. But keep in mind that they won't really root if they're getting as much light as the mother, so put them to the side or under her canopy.

As for OD, let's say you get the cuttings rooted. You'll want them to veg for a while before going into flower. Because they're currently on an interrupted cycle, if you put them out and DON'T interrupt, they'll flip into flower. So I say let them get nicely rooted and grown out a bit, then put them out on the day of your choosing, but make sure it's not a day when the daylight hours are still increasing, you want decreasing daylight hours.

Make sense?

Souly209

Souly209

Do you have an ig accnt? That picture looks really familiar!

Latest posts

Top Bottom