Cloning From A Clone: Timing

• Thread starter tj Wise
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tj Wise

tj Wise

I just picked up two 10 inch clones of cherry pie. I'd like to make a dozen or two additional clones from those clones. I can find the techniques easily enough, but what is the timing going to look like? I want to get dozens into the ground by June first. Or whatever is possible (?)

epitome

epitome

Yes it's possible, get them (host) plants big and healthy first (under mh), then take clones at beginning of lights off (let host rebound then repeat) and treat those clones like million dollar heirlooms ... have fun

P.s. don't be afraid to give clones plenty of root space and canapé space... plenty of time until solstice! Oh ya don't forget to harden off clones for outdoor elements...

xavier7995

xavier7995

You will want to top and train several times to get your existing clones to bush out and have lots of growth shoots that you can then snip for clones; takes a week (maybe 2) or so from the time you snip until the newer tips are big enough to clip again. Clones will take you around 3 weeks to have solid roots and be ready to roll.

You can get a bit exponential by cloning the tops that you snip off and then growing them out a bit to take more cuts off of.

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Mother hunting myself so I'll be using a similar technique. Bush the orig seed plants out, take a lot of cuts, flower the orig mums to see if any keepers. Standard really :)

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I just picked up two 10 inch clones of cherry pie. I'd like to make a dozen or two additional clones from those clones. I can find the techniques easily enough, but what is the timing going to look like? I want to get dozens into the ground by June first. Or whatever is possible (?)
If they are 10 inches you can probably take a couple clones now.... then 2 weeks take 8 off the 4...then 2 more weeks take 16 off the 8.... if they all live (and you have good cloning practices) you could have 30 to 40 clones in a couple months off those 2 cuts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom