Cloning Green Crack

• Thread starter leadsled
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Having a heck of a time getting good cloning results with green crack.

I have cloned quite a few different strains in rockwool cubes, rapid rooters and aerocloners. Have usually always had good results.

Been trying to clone cush aka green crack. I am having the worst luck ever. Trying to determine if maybe this strain takes longer to root or I am just being impatient? Open to any ideas.

I have tried not feeding the moms nitrogen for a week beforehand and tried big cuts small cuts, cuts with hardly any leaves. Moms are in coco. I have had the best results with cloning this strain in coco. Still getting poor percentage of rooted cuts and taking more time than normal.

So has anyone else had trouble cloning this strain?
Is that normal for this strain?
What is the longest you had to wait for a clone to root?

In the pics, You can see the green crack's leaves are getting yellow. All other strains are rooted (2 weeks)
But nothing for the green crack.

Any tips or suggestions are appreciated. Debating on tossing them out or waiting one more week.

ezclone is one minute on 4 minutes off temps are 72-74f and ph of 5.8-6.0 nothing but r/o water. Added roots excellerator 2 days ago.

yellow leaves but still perking up.

gc_clones_top.jpg

gc_clones_bot.jpg

Thanks for your time.

H

highbrid1

Hey been working with gc for a while and have always found it very easy to clone in rockwool. Spraying the mama with str8 water for a few days pre cut and like u said not feeding helps, but tbh, never really needed to do that.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Hey been working with gc for a while and have always found it very easy to clone in rockwool. Spraying the mama with str8 water for a few days pre cut and like u said not feeding helps, but tbh, never really needed to do that.
Glad someone is having good luck. Done all of the above. 15 days now and no roots yet...

M

MediMary

Never ran the crack, but this white widow mom I have it will take over a month to root, other strains put in the same day have roots in 7 days. I have to clone it in rockwool.
Good advice from highbred for sure.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
hydrid thanks for sharing.

Never ran the crack, but this white widow mom I have it will take over a month to root, other strains put in the same day have roots in 7 days. I have to clone it in rockwool.
Good advice from highbred for sure.

Good to know other strains can take that long. I got 4 other strains in the cloner and there all rooted but the green crack. Have also cloned other strains and never had to wait more than 2 weeks.

So when you clone in rockwool do you get faster results? Still took longer than a week for me.

Thanks for sharing.

M

MediMary

About two weeks in rockwool. Weird I thought, but I knew I wasnt doing anything wrong cause everything cloned in just a week. A month later they still had not rooted, so it did it cloning jell popped in rockwool, two days later I had roots, next time I cloned it, went right into rockwool, took two weeks.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
About two weeks in rockwool. Weird I thought, but I knew I wasnt doing anything wrong cause everything cloned in just a week. A month later they still had not rooted, so it did it cloning jell popped in rockwool, two days later I had roots, next time I cloned it, went right into rockwool, took two weeks.

thanks for sharing. One of em finally rooted in the aero cloner, took. 2 weeks 4 days....

The ones I just stuck in coco 100% rooted. funny how the easiest method works the best for this strain.

I really wanted to run a green crack as a sog, ow well will have to be another run. Hope this thread at least helps others growing cush green crack for the first time. f your doing perpetual helps to know to allow more time for the clones to root. I planned an extra week but should have allotted 2 weeks. Live and learn.

R

raphen_ilweed

I am not a pro cloner but in my experience, if it takes too long to clone then there is something wrong with the mom or clone taking method. In your case sounds like you know how to clone so maybe your mom is having some issue. Weak genetics, nutrient or pest issue maybe. I had a sour diesel that cloned really easily but after the 3rd or 4th clone session it would give me about 30% success rate. My friends use one of those portable clothes steamer to sterilize all their equipment before taking clones. Good luck

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Have you tried scarifying before any of the methods? The White is a bitch for me to get rooted, long time for me.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I am not a pro cloner but in my experience, if it takes too long to clone then there is something wrong with the mom or clone taking method. In your case sounds like you know how to clone so maybe your mom is having some issue. Weak genetics, nutrient or pest issue maybe. I had a sour diesel that cloned really easily but after the 3rd or 4th clone session it would give me about 30% success rate. My friends use one of those portable clothes steamer to sterilize all their equipment before taking clones. Good luck

Could be the moms. Previous clones flowered out fine.
I did not notice the only cush clone that rooted so far rooted from a node. Lots of em have nodes but are not rooting.
rooted_cush.jpg

Have you tried scarifying before any of the methods? The White is a bitch for me to get rooted, long time for me.

Yes, scarified some and and some not. as trying both to see what green crack likes. Scarified cuts of other strains have lots of roots

scarification results
scarred.jpg

Maybe raise the temp slightly?
Letting it rise and giving em a few more days.
fail.jpg

Other than the cush, all ready for transplant.

L

lowdowndirty

rhizotonic from canna has improved my cloning results quite a bit. as a foliar, and or 10 ml per gal in the water. using liquid karma with my most recent clones and is working just as well

69aarviper

69aarviper

I would love to ad somthing helpful ! BUT My clones all die never any sign of roots? EZ cloner in the Mail . I love Ebay

Top Bottom