Cloning Help

• Thread starter markkelly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

markkelly

Hi,I have never took a clone before,Whats the best part of the plant to take a cutting?

H

HappyGrower

take the clones from the Bottom of the plant. Those will root the fastest. a clone taken from the top of the plant will root the slowest if at all.

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

Cut from lower branches, about 4 to 5 inches long, remove bottom leaves. Leave the top and about 2 leaves on the cutting. Stick the cutting in water right away. Try to peel the skin off the stem and dip into rooting powder or gel. Stick into your growing medium in a dark plastic cup, not paper or it will mold. Put clear plastic wrap over the cup and stick under fluorescent light for at least 18 hours a day. This will keep it moist and in a great enviroment for the clone to grow roots. Take the plastic off in about 2 weeks. Give it some tender loving care..they are babies at this point. I have about a 99% success rate doing it this way. Let me know if you have any questions.

G

green stub

I must be lucky..somehow I usually break off a top by cropping in veg state.
I stick the thing in a dirt combo of the following and they grow, no hormones..nothing:

topsoil
worm castings
spagnum peat moss
gardening sand
perlite
dolomite lime

Latest posts

Top Bottom