cloning in cali? cant root shit here dont get it!!!

• Thread starter thetreegrowerrr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

I recently moved to cali to become medical and not have my balls busted for some plants! I had 100 percent success for years in florida i come out here do the same thing i did out there and have like 2 percent success!
i have tried all types of rooting gels.

im cloning in rockwool cubes...i use the pre drilled hole and make it bigger and deeper with scissors get a nice amount of rooting gel on it put it in and make the hole nice and tight again by pushing with scissors...the clones stay green and nice and perky for about 8-10 days then there health slowly declines and maybe after 3 weeks i will have a root or two! the stem just gets real fat and gets white like it wants to root...but never does! its very frustrating and disappointing!
im gonna try rapid rooters today and root tech cloning gel!
anybody have this problem???

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

do you use a dome? if not was the part of florida you were in very humid and is the area of ca you are in less humid? ambient humidity may be drastically different and with no dome maybe thats it? that's a long shot but i think it's got to be the genetics or environment since you know how to do it its not rocket science cut, scrape, dip, spray, dome so i dont think it's you.

i like rapid rooters way better then rockwoll. i've got a aero cloner and i dont even use it because the rapid rooters works so well there is no reason.

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

yea i use domes! used them in florida and i use them here! i have had success for years with rockwool! i see alot of people out here use rapid rooters! im gonna try that with root tech today! see what happens

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

what cloning gel do you use?

i used to use shultz take root but they dont make it anymore! i loved that stuff

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

clone x or that root tech stuff because it came with my system free. how wet do you keep your dome and how often do you pop the lid off? what strain is it some just take forever and you have to be careful not to keep those strains too wet in my experience because they have to sit in that dome so low if you spray the clones directly and the dome for weeks things turn to mush.

M

MediMary

same strain or different strain as u were running FL?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Rapid rooters are my standard, although I take scissors and cut them to insert the clone, not try and force it into that little hole at the top. This method cuts way down on the bruising of the stems, and I've had pretty good success. I got 98 out of 100 on Swerve's Jamaican crosses...

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
how did your moms handle the move? are they still in great shape? is you water ph the same? feeding your moms differnt could affect how well the cuts root.

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

im gonna give that root tech and rapid rooters a run today i think the rockwool may be to wet! but it was always wet in florida and they all shot out amazing roots in 7-8 days! so i dont see why that would change here? i dont mist the plants only the dome with a fine mist! im thinking it might be temps since they vary big time out here in cali! that was my biggest concern! i usually just cut scrape dip and mist and bam roots in 7 days now i took 4 flats of larry og blackberry kush abusive og and blue dream...and all failed...well not completely but they look like hell and its been around 18 days! the stem that is in the rockwool is just all swollen and wants to produce roots! a friend of mine does the same strains with rapid rooters and root tech and he gets full on roots in about 10 days so i am gonna do that im just pissed i lost 4 trays of clones!
i did not smuggle my plants across the country i started new mothers.

T

tumbleweed

Out here I have very good success with rapid rooters and clonex gel, usually 7-9 days. In a covered dome, no heating mat, misted when planted then left alone.

opt1c

opt1c

i kill it with rockwool cubes out in cali; i'm in a super dry area too

flip your cube over and use something like a hex key to poke holes just smaller than your cut's stem... you want the fit to be tight... don't cut up the rockwool cube or squish it; that kills all the oxygen pockets in the rockwool and destroys the properties of the spun volcanic medium; so shake em out gently after a soak

you are soaking your cubes right? gh flora series 2/2/2; or 10ml of thrivealive per gal; or full strength nutes; or dutch master aps.... all work...

soak and shake the cubes then stick em and set the stem snugly

in rockwool i've had pretty good results with dip&grow liquid for dipping my cuts in

I

ibTheMan

Rockwool is the Crap of ALL Crap for cloning, But alga grow great in it. lol

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Save yourself some time and money and get a clone machine, or build one, theres plenty DIY models,just do a quick search

V

Valid215

I did not notice any difference in Cali after I moved here from Florida. rockwool and rapid rooters work like a charm, and I use olivia's gel. With rapid rooters I've had roots in as little as 5 days before.

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Check your ppm of the water your using to. I have lost over 500 cuts because of some bad water. otherwise out here is way dryer then in FL. Got a hard time to root in CA over 85F in the dome.

S

skindeep35

dude rockwool is fine...

making the holes bigger seems like ur problem to me... I use the stem to poke a new hole..if it breaks or isnt strong enough them its not a good cutting to begin with

dome for 7 days SEALED works for me

PEACE

vaporedout

vaporedout

"blame it on the rain!"
if its indoor cloning and such how can there be a difference in state?? is your room temp/humidity controlled?

B

bastard_x

Keep in mind the optimum climate for clones is 80 degrees and humidity around 75% i mist mine three times a day or use a humidity dome .They should sit in a vitamin b1 + rooting hormone solution for a week then the substrate will need to dry out just a little ( not totally dry) they still have to remain damp for a few days. This will cause small root fibers coming out looking for nutrience , then hit em with very light nutes into the second week and they will shoot roots. Been doin it in cali for many years in the ag district and in the desert, also cfl lights work the best for cloning. goodluck!

Top Bottom