Cloning in rockwool.

• Thread starter sgt. schultz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

If the hole in the cubes is bigger then the stem, should I put a rubber band around cube to squeeze it to stem or would that interfere with air holding ability of cube? Seems like packing RW into hole would scrape off cloning gel. Is it okay to just pack the top of hole and leave it loose around stem? What is the earliest week to clone without harming success rate. I would like to flip as soon as possible and dispose of males after they show sex in flower. Week 5 of veg now. Schultz

R

REGISTRD

Dont use the hole in the cubes...... your stems should be hard enough to just stab right in the rockwool and if not use your scissors to start a small hole and push the stem in..
U can usually clone up to a week in flower without much stunting...

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Thanks REG. Would that not wipe the cloning gell off? About the timing, I was thinking about taking cuttings now or within the week, then flower and as males showed in flower, throw their corresponding clones out. Is 5 or 6 weeks too early to clone? No pre-flowers yet.

J

JohnWaynesTeeth

love the rockool, i usually flip them hole side down and use the other side and just wiggle the clones in there.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I take a phillips screw driver make the hole large enough to stick the stem through, place it in hydroton cover and flood. RW is really just here to hold moisture. Roots develope on the stem below the RW.

jj

lollipopman

lollipopman

do you keep the rw wet,moist,soaked or dry, never had luck with it so just built my own aero cloner.....

D

DrDanko

Hey Sgt, I've personally never dealt with rockwool, I've always recommended an aero cloner. although I know quite a few people that like the rock. good luck to you!

Top Bottom