Cloning Issues And Questions. I Know There Are Other Threads

• Thread starter Shoresgarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shoresgarden

Shoresgarden

So I'm just looking for some input from you guys on why my clones take so long to root or don't root.

My process and items used are :

I sterilize everything I use even if it's new( blades, domes, trays, gloves, even the table I work on.)

I use clonex gel and solution. I use grodan rock wool cubes the individual wrapped ones not that break apart ones.

I'll put 30ml of clonex solution in 1gallon of R/O water and ph it to 5.5-5.6, soak my cubes for about 15-20 minutes and shake/squeeze out most excess moisture, the cubes are still wet to the touch though. .

I'll take my clones from mainly tops, I try to only leave a node or two total on the stem. 45 degree cut dipped in the gel prior to putting in the cube. I also put a drop of the gel on the cube where I'll be placing the clone.

Sometimes I'll use a heat mat if the dome isn't getting humid enough. And for the first 4 days I'll mist them with water.

The tips of the leaves will get clipped as well.

Now they'll have gone as long as 2 weeks without the cubes drying and roots developing, there is no discoloration in any leafs. Just a time of stagnant being for them.

My room is 80-82 degrees, 50% humidity Forgot to add that.

I'll even go as far as taking the dome off after day 5 to try and let the cubes dry up a bit.

If you see anything wrong with my methods please mention it and I'll tweak it. Thanks for the time!

Dunge

Dunge

Use the heat mat.
I use Rapid Rooters and full strength Dip n Grow.
And I don't keep a thing "clean".
The entire area is part of the organic garden and worm farm.

I also killed more cuttings than I care to remember, before getting it.
Good luck.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi Gravecat, i have read this several places online but mainly my experience this year. I will admit it never crossed my mind to clone a good crown since the bottom branches get pruned and tossed otherwise.
Think about it this way a nice strong healthy top versus a week spindly Vine I get like 90 plus percent cloning success and all the tops clone way better faster and stronger than the crappy bottom crap

Madbud

Madbud

No i am not, every website for cloning marijuana clearly states the bottom branches are best. I dont have some clinical indoor grow, i'm sticking crowded bottom branches into grocery store soil and rooting them in the shade. Which by the way i recommend wetting the soil, making a hole with a pencil to set the clone in, then a bit more water to close the soil. Mist for a week and violá ( thats french).

Madbud

Madbud

No i am not, every website for cloning marijuana clearly states the bottom branches are best. I dont have some clinical indoor grow, i'm sticking crowded bottom branches into grocery store soil and rooting them in the shade. Which by the way i recommend wetting the soil, making a hole with a pencil to set the clone in, then a bit more water to close the soil. Mist for a week and violá ( thats french).

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Your plants prove nothing other than you have a ton to learn

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I can take cuts from bottom, middle, top, doesn't matter. I'll get it to root. I'll get a day 56 cut from flower to root (see my previous thread for proof).

I only use an aero cloner, t8 6400k light, air stone, tap water ph to 6.0, and dip n grow cloning liquid. Done, easy peasy

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Those temperatures might be a little bit too high. I would try to stay in the seventies. A heating mat without a thermostatically controlled unit on it is not the best idea. It is best to keep them at a consistent temperature. You might try placing your Dome in a room that is colder than your heat mat setting. This way condensation will be constantly produced and you can avoid misting your plants. A week or two after topping your plant you shouldn't have any problem taking clones from anywhere on the plant via the hormones.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

back to the point Im thinking u are not letting the cube dry u want to soak them for about 3-4 days then take water away and then mist them if u have a heat mate they might dry out to fast so might have to mist the cube just a lil but u don't want to do it much bc doing that the plants wont root bc they don't need to grow out looking for water if they all ready setting in water

Leew421

Leew421

I use Areo too. I take the cutting from anywhere I can and dip in gel and place in the donut, and crank the pump. I add some of the gel and rhizo blast to my solution and I can root in 2-7 days. I have the pump always on and my light cycle is about 9 hours off. Clones work good when they have a dark period. I get 100% everything I put in

Shoresgarden

Shoresgarden

Thank you all for the insight. I was having 100% rates during the cooler months so I'm going to try relocating to a spare closet and I'm going to take a couple dozen tonight to see what works.

My Vegs plants grow quick enough I could basically clone weekly. So I've been able to still clone just not at the percentages I am used to or prefer. Will update once I cut!

Top Bottom