Cloning Late In Flower?

• Thread starter saltwater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
saltwater

saltwater

So I have a friend that wants a clipping of my plant but my plant is already pretty far into flower. I've heard of people taking cuts from flowering plants.

Does anyone have a technique that has worked for them when it comes to cloning late into flower?

Please post techniques ! Thanks all!

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
How late in flower we talking

saltwater

saltwater

I know it's pretty hard and it takes a while to do.

I just clipped the plant and put it in cloning gel and cut off the small useless buds at the bottoms. Should I cut off the flower at the top or? I don't think it will come out successful ha but I figured I would try anyway.

Any information helps! Thanks !

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Should be fine man just Gonna take a while I actually like 18on I feel like the roots need dark

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

leave all the flowers/bus on the cutting. put under 24/0 for a week, then 18/6. ive taken as late as week 6 in flower, my current god bud. more vigorous as ever, no change in anything from past grows.

saltwater

saltwater

leave all the flowers/bus on the cutting. put under 24/0 for a week, then 18/6. ive taken as late as week 6 in flower, my current god bud. more vigorous as ever, no change in anything from past grows.

Oh dang maybe I shouldn't had cut the flowers off on the lower portion. I just read somewhere to cut them off so the plant isn't trying to feed them.

We will see how things go. I'll keep everyone updated!

LI grows

LI grows

They call it, "monster cropping". Takes longer than normal cloning, but it makes bushier plant.
Probably 6 weeks longer.

saltwater

saltwater

They call it, "monster cropping". Takes longer than normal cloning, but it makes bushier plant.
Probably 6 weeks longer.

Would you recommend leaving it in the Rockwool or should I place it in water ?

B

BarbaraMarti

Hi. I Had a bit of an accident recently and lost everything in my mother/clone box. I was over half method through flower so believed I 'd do some air layering to attempt and save exactly what I had in flower. Air layering is a discomfort in the arse method for taking clones in late flower.

Thing is I was really stoned (not unusual tbh) and forgot the air layering part and just cut a bud off cut the lower parts dunked in clonex and put it in coco same as I would with a normal clone. A few minutes later I believed 'd' oh!' and went and did it properly however I kept the little buds in coco watering every day with bubbled plain water, no dome, like I usually do when cloning in coco, simply to see exactly what would happen. Remarkably they rooted within 10-14 days same as any other cut would

saltwater

saltwater

Hi. I Had a bit of an accident recently and lost everything in my mother/clone box. I was over half method through flower so believed I 'd do some air layering to attempt and save exactly what I had in flower. Air layering is a discomfort in the arse method for taking clones in late flower.

Thing is I was really stoned (not unusual tbh) and forgot the air layering part and just cut a bud off cut the lower parts dunked in clonex and put it in coco same as I would with a normal clone. A few minutes later I believed 'd' oh!' and went and did it properly however I kept the little buds in coco watering every day with bubbled plain water, no dome, like I usually do when cloning in coco, simply to see exactly what would happen. Remarkably they rooted within 10-14 days same as any other cut would

Thanks for sharing!

I'll have to post an update on this.

M

MoonRuby

So I have a friend that wants a clipping of my plant but my plant is already pretty far into flower. I've heard of people taking cuts from flowering plants.

Does anyone have a technique that has worked for them when it comes to cloning late into flower?

Please post techniques ! Thanks all!

simcoesod

simcoesod

I've done it many times.usually slower to root and the survival rates are lower.id take a few cuts to be sure...and they take forever to reveg

Top Bottom