Cloning & Lights ... Help Please ...

• Thread starter digging
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

digging

Hope you guys can share some knowledge and experience please.

I am about to take a bunch of clone cuttings, just shy of a thousand of them.

From all that I have read they suggest using T5 Lighting, I am not opposed to using these, but it means purchasing a bunch of these. I have an extra 1000w HPS that is not being used. I understand that this 1000w HPS would be extreme over kill, but could it be used for cloning instead of purchasing a bunch of T5 lights.

If it can be used, how would you suggest setting it up.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.

djstiks

djstiks

if you have to use the 1k light, i suggest you put it up as high as possible. fluoros are the way to go for cloning though.

ooS0uPoo

ooS0uPoo

Your not gonna be able to get a thousand clones under that HPS either, So if you have to purchase lights might as well get the right ones....-S0uP

B

BlueWater

72 clones per tray. Yes you could definitely fit 12+ domes under a 1000. I've done it many times back in the day, that is cloning under a 1000hps. The way I did it was to have them on the outskirts of my freshly cut moms, 3 trays each down the sides sitting on empty 5gal buckets. They were out of the strong light but not shaded. I would usually have 4-6 trays plus my moms under a 1000(it was on a mover though--only like 3') every 30 days. I use fluorescents nowadays. I'd keep the light approx. 3 1/2- 4ft above the domes in your situation.

S

SB805KUSH

if you use 1000hps put far away.i use t5s to root my clones not to hot.fresh cuttings dont have roots to recieve photosynthesis energy, so might dry and wilt. maybe block with mesh.it is still possible to root clones with 1000hps

C

chranotik

Just keep them far away, i recently had some clones under my 600w sunpulse PSMH 6.4K in sundae cups from sonic, but i have a wooden frame built for my room and i just have them on one of the side frames which i'd say is like 3-4 feet under the light and 2 feet to the side. Either way i had excellent results, each one made it and rooted in about 7 days. You just have to make sure to keep the peat pellet/rooter wet and the dome its in super humid, other than that i think almost any light will work as long as they arent sitting close under a 1000w.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
72 clones per tray. Yes you could definitely fit 12+ domes under a 1000. I've done it many times back in the day, that is cloning under a 1000hps. The way i did it was to have them on the outskirts of my freshly cut moms, 3 trays each down the sides sitting on empty 5gal buckets. They were out of the strong light but not shaded. I would usually have 4-6 trays plus my moms under a 1000(it was on a mover though--only like 3') every 30 days. I use fluorescents nowadays. I'd keep the light approx. 3 1/2- 4ft above the domes in your situation.

agreed!

B

bluetooth

if ur gona use that 100 watt keep it as high as u can
even maybe a fan blowing on it

Top Bottom