Cloning Power Or Gel

• Thread starter markkelly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

organicfreak

Originally Posted by FormerLumperDaw

2 oz. of organic aloe vera juice (aka gel or extract - talk about disorganized!)
1/2 oz. of fulvic acid
3/4 tsp. of powdered seaweed extract

These are the amounts for 1 gallon of water. Remember that aloe vera contains very high levels of Salicylic acid which is the active agent found in willow shoots for example. Widely used in for decades and decades by farmers to root cuttings.

The seaweed extract will give you the complete range of macro and micro nutrients in a balanced form with the additional benefit of IBA, IAA and NAA acids - the very same ones found in every rooting product on the planet like Clonex, Olivia's, Dip-n-Grow, et al. and they ain't in any kind of organic form.

The fulvic acid and its benefit speaks for itself. No explanation needed - this stuff is gold.

LD

F

FruitOfTheLabor

Powders for sure.... Gel's go bad... I hated using gel's. I take one set of cuttings, and then a month or so later i would open up the gel, and it would be molding. Now i use Supernatural's Root Burst Powder... The Indole 3 Butyric Acid is at 8%, which is the highest i've ever found...... Anyone know of any that's higher? And also, i bought a 6 oz package of it, and i still have it and its been over a year.

reason for mold is cause u didnt pour it into a little cup or something instead u dipped straight into the container.. and mold developed yup it happens.. if ur careful and clean and follow direction it works fine.. u dont need rooting gels or hormones at all .. it just speeds things up .. it also helps to feed the plant ur cloning clean phed water the water before u take cuttings.

S

SmokieMcPhattie

I myself used both quick dip in gel then powder
the reason for both is cause the gel and the powder make a paste that doesnt get wiped off by your medium when putting them in
it might be a bit over kill but i barely lose any cuttings
the brand really doesnt matter in a lot of cases they all the same hormones
the only difference is the price i find anyways
im sure the newest stuff on the market might get you roots a day quicker
i just stick with what works for me

symbiote420

symbiote420

I'm going back to powders, I've used jiffy cubes for years and had better success with it, since using the gels the last year or so I'm just not having the same results.
IMO I think the gels work better for hydro style rooting where the powders might be too messy or get washed off, I should've been switched back (stubborn) my most successful rooting strain is my Sour D, but she'll root in straight water in about 8 days my other strains take up to 3 weeks, this ain't cutting it with me.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I use an aeroponic cloner, and I use rootech. I put Olivia's in the water and pH it to 5.5. I have flourescents about 8" above, and my success rate is spotty- sometimes I get good results, sometimes everything says 'fuck you!' I need consistency... Any ideas?

H

HEYYA12345

I use both dip into gel then i dip into powder. Is this overkill? I get about 90-95% success that way but is it to much though?

R

rickyjack9

cloning 'gel' can go bad. id advise a powder. a new packet of clonex killed all my clones 3 times now. never again. powder from now on or nothing.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

powder dome mist roots in 4-6 days

I use to use clone x jell some good stuff but was not working as good as the cheaper stuff

even mixed powder with the jell took the same amount of time as just the powder

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Friend of mine uses water in a glass and changes the water each day. And I think one of the active ingredients in rooting liquids is aspirin. My mom used to put a bayer aspirin in here flower vases to keep them alive longer.
Yes I do the method as well I make up willow bark extract , honey the water with asprin has worked for me many times . .

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I been putting the cutting in a solo of just plan water keeps them alive a lot better then I thought

BombBP

BombBP

Bubble cloner with hydroguard in the rez...no hormones. I didn't notice a difference with and without rooting hormones.

Top Bottom