Cloning problem

• Thread starter vonwolfen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I have a rainforest 236, and a CAP cyclone DWC cloner. I have less then 50% success rate. I think that the 50% rate is just because the plant are so hardy, not becuase I have done anything right...

Rainforest..I use plugs surrounded by hydrotron.

I use Oliva gel...and Cloning solution, with 1/4 superthrive..Temps 75(74-78),Ph 6.0-6.1. EC .75-.85

Cyclone I am unsure how far the end needs to be in the bubbleing water.?
How often should the rainforest vortex sprayer be on, and for how long.

Haggardass

Haggardass

I know the temps are very important i kept mine about 70 degrees and i just used tap water and no gels or solutions and i only lost one or two out of about 5 batches of clones. I used a few frozen water bottles to keep the water cool. Those little aqua pods work real well i just drank the water thne filled em up with tap, froze them then threw them in. I also am not sure i never paid attention to ph either but i believe your ph is supposed to be down around hydro ph, say 5.7, 5.8. Could be wrong some people are really picky about those things, im more of a believer that these plants thrived long before we were here to wipe there butts and pamper them. Hell some of my healthiest plants are the ones i just quit caring for all together then they turn around and blow my others out lol

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Do not use any food of any kind, use tap water that has sat out for a few hours, use very little cloning gel, cut clone at a 45 degree angle if not using a dome, cut straight across if you are using a humidity dome. Keep them in the dark for 3 days, this makes them work on growing a callus on the cut and this is where your roots will start from. If you do put them under light put the light far away or they will try to grow leaf and you want roots. If you go with full dark, on the day 3 put the lights far away T5's if you got them, than lower the light over the next few days till it is about 4" from the tops.

I gave up on bubble cloners, aero cloners and all that DIY I built, when they work well they are great but I found the results very inconsistent, so stick to Rockwool and have 100% every time than move to hydroton.

Peace

I just put these girls out 2 days ago, the ones under the dome. The ones on the left are mom's to be from new strains I grew this summer. Once they have roots into a 4" cube and than they spend 4 weeks here.
IMGP7820
IMGP7689

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Thanks for replies..I think I figured out my problem..When I was first told how to clone I was told to use a razor blade to shave the outer layer of the stock.(ie the area where the cloning gel goes). I tried doing 30 cuttings without doing that and after 10 days I have only lost 1 cutting. In 8 days 9 cuttings have already gotten rots..So thanks

T

Thatgirl

I am not familiar with the cloner you have, but I Know with mine if I don't do a 50% water change every 4 or 5 days, the water gets nasty and the cuttings don't root well.

Top Bottom