Cloning Problem?

• Thread starter KaptainKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Im cloning under one florescent 23w 6500 Kelvin bulb in a humidity dome using root riots as my medium .Also used clonex gel. The first picture is 24hrs after and the otger is 48hrs after .. theyre starting to wilt a bit .This normal? Are my leaves too big maybe? Any help is appreciated .Thanks .View attachment 775933 View attachment 775932
Build more humidity in the first 48 hours

centralcoast

centralcoast

Get your light as close to the top of the dome as possible. Once you’ve moistened your medium and misted the inside of the dome, keep it closed for at least 3 days. After 3 days, take the dome off to exchange the air, spray the dome again and put it back on for another 3 to 5 days. After that amount of time, you should notice roots.

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

So i guess my next question is how do i know when theyre rooted? Is there a point in time that i need to remove the humidity dome? I ended up taking a lot more clones and put them in the same dome. Pics included.

20180212 103455
20180212 103500
centralcoast

centralcoast

I see you clipped the ends of the fan leaves... that’s good. It will aid you in looking for new growth. Yellowing in the center of the clone is also a sign of new growth. To be sure, I’d wait until you see roots coming out from the bottom of your plugs/medium. What you’re looking for is noticeable new growth.

Remember to not open the dome too much. Only after a few days to re-mist. Before you spray the dome, leave the dome off for a couple of minutes. I call this breathing and it helps them tremendously.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I see you clipped the ends of the fan leaves... that’s good. It will aid you in looking for new growth. Yellowing in the center of the clone is also a sign of new growth. To be sure, I’d wait until you see roots coming out from the bottom of your plugs/medium. What you’re looking for is noticeable new growth.

Remember to not open the dome too much. Only after a few days to re-mist. Before you spray the dome, leave the dome off for a couple of minutes. I call this breathing and it helps them tremendously.
2 5 18 roots

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

First... Let me apologize for my first post... I apparently did not read your entire post.

You have definitely made a great comeback!

You don't want stem coming out bottom. Only new roots.

10 - 14 days is very accurate for rockwool... Leave humidity dome on until ready to transplant with new roots coming out bottom. But allow humidity to drop a little throughout 14 days.

Crucial: don't let plug dry out... But don't keep it soaking wet. Somewhere in between!

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

We all do it a bit differently though..I wait about 5-7 days and then begin opening the vents on the dome to get the plant "hardened off"..Gradually removing the dome and letting the rockwool cubes dry a bit to encourage the roots to seek water below..If anyone begins to wilt in about 30 minutes, I leave the dome off. If only one or two plants wilt, I put a semi clear solo over it, and usually they perk right back up. NOTE: Adjustments of times are needed, depending on strain, etc, as as well as your own RH and Temp..here in Nevada, my house is like 30%RH, so I leave the dome on a lil longer. If the cubes are always wet, the stems will rot and "damp off"..too dry and ..:banghead:
Success for me is great with a simple propagator and dome..My DIY aero cloner sucked (prolly was me..LOL) at making clones (from day 1 and always cleaned with bleach too) , and has been scavenged for parts..
As soon as roots emerge from the cube..into soil they go.

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Some updated pictures of the clones atm. Transplanted about a week ago into solo cups with happy frog. New growth is nice and apparent .Thanks for all the help for sure .

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I will recommend this, use something between pots and floor if in a winter area. Also, for veg, raise those temps to 82-84 and keep the rh to 65-70% with good air movement. Get read for explosive growth.

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

I hear it's a really hot soil ..i have issues with my bigger plants soaking up all the nutes in the happy frog after transplant in like 2 weeks. Sometimes less.. Its unfortunate but I deal with what i got lol .id like to try coco but i think watering twice a day is a little much for my tatse.

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Nah, you just need to make yourself one of these.
I had a whole design drawn up for a dwc setup. It is definitely in the works.. This is only my second grow so ima stick with this for a few more then ima make the switch on one of my tents

Enforcer

Enforcer

I had a whole design drawn up for a dwc setup. It is definitely in the works.. This is only my second grow so ima stick with this for a few more then ima make the switch on one of my tents
It’s awesome man. Once you get it dialed in it’s just mix and check ph daily. Then when you want to make any changes it’s as simple as adjusting a timer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom