Cloning questions

• Thread starter Noobiegrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Noobiegrow

Noobiegrow

Just cut 4 clones 3 days ago off my gigbud she was a week and a half into flower. I used clonex gel for the rooting hormone and light warrior seed starter medium watered with regular tap water. My question is when would I be able to check for roots and if I don't see any should i reapply the clonex

Cloning questions
Cloning questions 2
Reactions: Ina
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
No wait till you see roots normally we use jiffy pellets you will just have to sit it out n wait to see roots , regards Od .

Ina

Ina

In dirt you wait for the top to get greener and visibly start growing,no way to dig them and see the roots:)You can use the smallest plastic pots available.Clonex gel can't be applied twice(but they have other products to soak the medium i think) but you can add some beneficial rooting bacteria later with watering....
Mine were 8 days old on the pic in peat(unfortunately i found this particular peat is pre loaded with some ferts which is not good,you need lite,airy soil mix),LOTS of perlite +"root better"which are the beneficial bacteria in my case.I didnt use gel.
Keep them in wet,shaded place for a while,better dont move them so they can root easily.People use boxes to keep the humidity around them while they are rooting.

IMG 5875
IMG 5872
Noobiegrow

Noobiegrow

In dirt you wait for the top to get greener and visibly start growing,no way to dig them and see the roots:)You can use the smallest plastic pots available.Clonex gel can't be applied twice(but they have other products to soak the medium i think) but you can add some beneficial rooting bacteria later with watering....
Mine were 8 days old on the pic in peat(unfortunately i found this particular peat is pre loaded with some ferts which is not good,you need lite,airy soil mix),LOTS of perlite +"root better"which are the beneficial bacteria in my case.I didnt use gel.
Keep them in wet,shaded place for a while,better dont move them so they can root easily.People use boxes to keep the humidity around them while they are rooting.
Why cut the tips of the leaves?

Ina

Ina

Its not necessary,mostly to make the cutting concentrate on rooting ,not photosynthesis.The very tops are most important.
and in my box i just want them tight as possible and dont like them to touch each other or the plastic wall if possible.But otherwise you can leave the leaves.

Noobiegrow

Noobiegrow

Its not necessary,mostly to make the cutting concentrate on rooting ,not photosynthesis.The very tops are most important.
and in my box i just want them tight as possible and dont like them to touch each other or the plastic wall if possible.But otherwise you can leave the leaves.
Nice good to know. Im just experimenting right now. Hopefully they root but if not there's no real loss for me

Reactions: Ina
4plant

4plant

Misting with water x2 a day and keeping them in high humidity helps tons. I keep the t5 on 24/7 as well

Latest posts

Top Bottom