Cloning Solutions? Aero, RDWC, fog, drip?

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I am not one to use traditional methods on much of anything. I know I can build a cheap plastic Aero tote cloner as to everyones doing it and ive studied it enough. Yet I worry about fins breaking and honestly it just sounds boring. If I were to do Aero I would use metal pipes, high pressure metal pump, micro nozzles to create more of a mist than a droplet. I know of a large scale company that uses 2 stage aero. One that im mentioning and then they use the ultrasonic foggers to create a mist. They call it 2 stage, micro and macros. This seems like what I wanted, until. .

Fogponics showed up on youtube and it seems very interesting. These fogging atomizeres discharge rate varies based upon price. 8.4l per hour is like 230$ for the fogger. The 400ml fogger is 15 bucks lol.

Questions

Isnt this considered electrolysis? Wouldnt nutrients be left behind on the fogger plate? Some foggers work fully submerged, while others need to be close to the surface, why? Would you really need the aero part for the macros? Does fogponics sound right lol, can I use a small enclosed system with like a fan or something inside to blow fog through the rootzone?

Regarding RDWC and NANOBUBBLES. I am wanting to do RDWC with perlite or something that will stop the roots from touching one another. I dont want them to be all wrapped up underwater, theres no way that can work better than if they were underwater spaced apart. On a side note if I fill my system with nanobubbles, this could also help push some more growth by giving my bbs and roots more 02.

So basically ive narrowed my next upgrade down to 3 things. Adding nanobubbles to my current system. Adding foggers to my current system. Converting my system into a full fogponics or aero system. I will prolly add a fogger or nanobubbles to my system and pratice either full metal aero or fogponics for cloning. I need to build a new cloning system anyways. I just dont want to do the plastic piping route with plastic jets. . nope. .not doing it lol. .

Thoughts and concerns?

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
just finished a new clone / veg system myself. My techniques might be different but the COSTS of any new build should be considered. Shit adds up real fast!

best of luck

jj

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I have never used an ultrasonic fogger this way, but I do know at least some of the salts will become atomized and airborne.

You would just have to do some testing to see if it works if you want to make the investment. You might just pick one up, stick it in a bucket with nutes and watch the EC as the water gets converted into fog and leaves the system. If EC/PPM increases, you are not atomizing all the salts. If steady, you are probably OK. If it drops fast - the fogger prefers to atomize salts over water.

Concerned about putting atomized salts into your lungs at all? They will make your stove and furnace burn orange rather than blue - seen this personally.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I have never used an ultrasonic fogger this way, but I do know at least some of the salts will become atomized and airborne.

You would just have to do some testing to see if it works if you want to make the investment. You might just pick one up, stick it in a bucket with nutes and watch the EC as the water gets converted into fog and leaves the system. If EC/PPM increases, you are not atomizing all the salts. If steady, you are probably OK. If it drops fast - the fogger prefers to atomize salts over water.

Concerned about putting atomized salts into your lungs at all? They will make your stove and furnace burn orange rather than blue - seen this personally.
Ahh a little trial, I like it. Ill buy one of the cheap ones, and test it just like that.
just finished a new clone / veg system myself. My techniques might be different but the COSTS of any new build should be considered. Shit adds up real fast!

best of luck

jj
Yea I like to run through every idea I have mentally, then work my way back to the beginning. At least then I have all my options listed, and then we go based upon price/effeciency. If I gotta spend a little more to increase growth rates, its worth it to a point.

Guess were just buying one of those 15 dollar atomizers for some trials.

Top Bottom