cloning,topping and supercroping

• Thread starter pwg_captin420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pwg_captin420

pwg_captin420

hi,farm mates captin 420 here. first time grower! i plan on doing Iranian auto flower. i have researched and read countless forms here and there about this strain and others. but do to my location and space. I'm limited. anyway i'm here looking for help and instructions on this strain and cloning it. i have read about topping and supercroping are they the same thing? or are they diff. what ever the case i'm really interested in this/these methods.and want to apply them in my first grow and hopefully more to come.so if you could help a brotha out plzzzz.

S

smokinrav

Supercropping and topping are very different. One, topping, involves removing the main grow tip on the plant, which is highly stressful and IMO delays the growth of the plant afterward. This is LST supercropping, much better than my supercropping thread in the FAQ.

There are as many ways to clone as there are to train a plant. By far the easiest is water cloning, where you take a cutting and place it in a cup of water under low light and excercise patience until roots form.

Water clone1
Water clone2
pwg_captin420

pwg_captin420

very insightful

Thanx a lot ur link really helped me out. I like the water cloning but i hate to wait. That's why i like autos! Lol.anyway i think i may good with rooting gel. I got a copy of the ultimate grow guide a while back. He gave me the basics.but he skipped a lot. once agin thanx on the link.i had to read it 3 times. Not familiar with all the terms.but the pics r what really helped ME. Any links on cloning? I've seen and read a few but still not familiar with all the terms. Mainly ones with step by step pics would really help.....
PEACE. ..:pimp:

J

JonathonStrange

I found this letter in ht dear danko hope it helps.
The question was useing an autoflower as a mother plant. I am gonna do some editing to it so if what I wrote isn't enough let me know and I will give u both letter and answer in it's entirety, here goes.
"autoflowering plants are pretty much worthless as mother plants. The problem is that she and any clones will revert to flowering stage no matter what the light situation. Clones taken from a flowering plant will have a dificult and strenuous time switching back to vegitative stage, but clones taken from an autoflowering plant almost never do. This is why autoflowering plants are grown from seeds."

hope this helps and good luck.

L

lostnFound02

There are as many ways to clone as there are to train a plant. By far the easiest is water cloning, where you take a cutting and place it in a cup of water under low light and excercise patience until roots form.

Sorry to hijack the thread by can you give more Intel on how to water clone? So is it just the normal process dip in cloning gel and let it still in still water? how long does this process usually take and for what clones do you try this on? thanks

pwg_captin420

pwg_captin420

busted bubble

Well johnstrange it did help and im always up for good input. Kind of a bummer tho.given my location and funds finding a good strain seed is very hard to come by.even more so for clones and bag seeds. Any info on great sites to hit up on seeds? Waiting on some from tha doc now fingers crossed.:sweating. i even pray about them!! Lol no really i do. Once again thanx on help and plz any links on cloning will help
Peace:pimp:

S

smokinrav

Sorry to hijack the thread by can you give more Intel on how to water clone? So is it just the normal process dip in cloning gel and let it still in still water? how long does this process usually take and for what clones do you try this on? thanks

Water cloning is what your great grandma did back in the day, and she didn't have rooting hormone of any kind.

Water cloning uses no special water, no specific PH, no humidity dome, no rooting accelerator, or anything artificial. Just do as I described earlier, set your cutting in a cup of water, change the water every couple days or so, and be patient. Roots can take up to 14 days, even more, but root it will.

Later, when your an established grower with some experience, you'll come too see that how fast a cutting roots is irrelevant, because you can simply plan for the extra time rooting takes.

The other major drawback to water cloning is an inconsistent rooting time between cutings. I like to take about twice as many clones as I need in order to get the number of cuts with roots I want.

Good luck. If you need pictures, I can dig them up...

S

SLO Grown

In the process of crimping and bending my out of Control C-Gold. It really helps. I have these girls until Nov. 1 at least.

J

JonathonStrange

Sorrey it took so long to get back to u. I wasn't sure if u wanted to hear what that letter said but it beats wasting money on something that isn't what you want to have happen. There is a sight that has seed retailer revewshttp://www.seedbankupdate.com/index.html. You might want to check this out. Good luck.

pwg_captin420

pwg_captin420

Sorrey it took so long to get back to u. I wasn't sure if u wanted to hear what that letter said but it beats wasting money on something that isn't what you want to have happen. There is a sight that has seed retailer revewshttp://www.seedbankupdate.com/index.html. You might want to check this out. Good luck.

naw dude im always up for good input. is there any strains that have a similar start to finish? really want to get a quick finisher and cloner. once a got those baby s up in growing i was goin to order something else. i just want somthing that i can grow fast and great for medical (for right now)so naturally autos came to mind. if got any in mind will be glad to take a look.i know ppl say we cant pick ur strain only you. BUT..... i been smoking mid/swagg my whole life.so any thing anyone suggest im up for.i mean ive smoked...... kind bud/loud is what we call it in da south. but its usually some purple shit r some type of kush somebody looked in a hightimes in decided to name. even tho they never really know so plz brotha spread tha love:pimp:

T

TreFarmer

Well johnstrange it did help and im always up for good input. Kind of a bummer tho.given my location and funds finding a good strain seed is very hard to come by.even more so for clones and bag seeds. Any info on great sites to hit up on seeds? Waiting on some from tha doc now fingers crossed.:sweating. i even pray about them!! Lol no really i do. Once again thanx on help and plz any links on cloning will help
Peace:pimp:

It took mine 7 days. Relax... if you payed, he sent em! :cool0041:

J

JonathonStrange

You might want to go to the attitude seed bank they have discriptions of grow patterns. I was just there and they have a list of questions they won't answer as well. Also treating yourself magazine (back issuses on line) have probley the most comprehensive smoke reports also skunk magazine has strain guides as well. I think subcool just put a book called dank 2.0 haven't picked it up but it's all diffrent stains.

S

ScrOGer

end result of super cropping

a member of our collective super crops all the way thru the 3rd week of flower. It looks like a sloppy mess & he burned the hell out of them on the last two feedings, it looks like. but boy, does he generate yield! I even scrogged out 1 of his bubbas.

I remember this was the first time i had seen jack H grown out. they are soo swollen! look like little pineapples. i think he might have had the "genius cut".

check this out. The end result of super cropping.
3 600w 14 plants:

Jack tops
Jack close up with Bubba in back
JAck medium Shot
Jack 34 view
Bubba scroged
J

JonathonStrange

Dude was at church today and gave a small prayer for your seeds. Hope he says yes lol. Good luck buddy

pwg_captin420

pwg_captin420

every prayer counts brotha

Dude was at church today and gave a small prayer for your seeds. Hope he says yes lol. Good luck buddy

THANK YOU lord knows i need it. Just left attitude found some great strains to many really!!!! Here are the breeders and my top strains. Subcools querkle.. nirvanas ak-48, and bondhi sunshine day dream.!!!! Any useful input. Trust me I'm all ears

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I usually top but now I'm gonna super-crop LST stylee. BTW ever see that Kryppy down South pwg_captin420? My homie tells me that it's some bomb. He just came out here from NY and I showed him some Cali Bomb but he says that Kryptonite is on a whole 'nother level. I'm a tad skeptical but he says Florida is swamped with it (pun intended). I want some seeds of that shit! Anyone?

pwg_captin420

pwg_captin420

I cant really say bc every one down here who has kind bud here usually don't know what tha fuck they have they just open a high times and pick a name. What lames but thats where I'm from.

J

JonathonStrange

I was thinking of ordering jillybean wembly and LSD. I was very suprised at the price till I realized they were selling packs of 5. So just read it carefuly.

P

potgutz

I would never ever supercrop it makes no sense to me at all I put it in the same category as putting nails through the stems its lunacy to me if you want to u can simply bend and tie your plants into position careful not to snap them though just keep bending a little bit every 2-3 days. GL with it

Latest posts

Top Bottom