Cloning Under Cob's Or Mh?

• Thread starter KaptainKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KaptainKush

KaptainKush

I have just attempted my first go at cloning and was wondering if i should put the clones in my COB tent or MH/HPS tent. Are CFL's that much better to clone with that i should just use those since i do have a small 2x2 im not using at the moment. Right now they're under my Con's because i read 3000 Kelvin is a good spectrum for promoting root growth. Any Input would be appreciated. Here a picture of the plants i took clones off of and the clones. Note: the tent was cleaned after the pictures

Cloning under cobs or mh
Cloning under cobs or mh 2
madgrower

madgrower

[QUOis what I use E="KaptainKush, post: 2076466, member: 86149"]I have just attempted my first go at cloning and was wondering if i should put the clones in my COB tent or MH/HPS tent. Are CFL's that much better to clone with that i should just use those since i do have a small 2x2 im not using at the moment. Right now they're under my Con's because i read 3000 Kelvin is a good spectrum for promoting root growth. Any Input would be appreciated. Here a picture of the plants i took clones off of and the clones. Note: the tent was cleaned after the pictures[/QUOTE]
Cfl is what I use .works great

Ina

Ina

You can put them in the shadows under the moms:)Clones don't need too intense light,specially in the first days.When i cut i put them in dark for a while,than i use small CFL bulbs or ..what i have but not too strong.Some LED bulb can do the trick to....After they show roots you can use more intense lighting.

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

They're still kinda wilty looking. Im not sure what to do tbh. I moved them into my 400w mh tent with some seedling i have planted. See if the different light specrum helps or something. Idk. Im kinda lost on this to be honest.

20180126 134036
20180126 134045
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
They're still kinda wilty looking. Im not sure what to do tbh. I moved them into my 400w mh tent with some seedling i have planted. See if the different light specrum helps or something. Idk. Im kinda lost on this to be honest.
Too much light for clones

Reactions: Ina
KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Okay so ima just trash these clones and try again under some Cfls. Can i take clones from the top of the plant? I heard there were more root hormones in the ones near the bottom? Any truth to that?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Okay so ima just trash these clones and try again under some Cfls. Can i take clones from the top of the plant? I heard there were more root hormones in the ones near the bottom? Any truth to that?
Can take it from anywhere... Make sure the stem is not real woody.
I only use 60ish watts of cfl for 2 trays of clones... Those might make it but you hit them hard

Reactions: Ina
KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Can take it from anywhere... Make sure the stem is not real woody.
I only use 60ish watts of cfl for 2 trays of clones... Those might make it but you hit them hard
I just went ahead a cut my loses. Ill wait until 2nd week of flowering and ill take some more and go with the CFL lighting. These were under 8 cxb 3590s at 2 1/2 ft above them. So i guess they were hit hardish

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I just went ahead a cut my loses. Ill wait until 2nd week of flowering and ill take some more and go with the CFL lighting. These were under 8 cxb 3590s at 2 1/2 ft above them. So i guess they were hit hardish
If they dont have feed tubes yet then you have to go easy

Ina

Ina

Imagine how cloning works in the wild:)For example there is a storm and some pieces of the plant fall down on the ground.Those who fall in the shadows under the plants in the cannabis forest with enough moisture around them will try to develop roots and those who are directly under the sun will die from lack of moisture and too much heat and light.They can't use their leaves(photosynthesis) until they develop the roots.My grandma always covers for a day or more the small cucumber plants when she transplant them outdoors because they can't stand the direct sun and heat when they rooting.And in this case they already have some roots,the marijuana cutting don't so you have to be really careful with cuttings in the first week...You can use clone box or something that keeps the moisture around them,everything should be clean so they can be healthy and you better keep them on one place ,not move them all the time because sometimes you can end the process of rooting when you...shake them and put them from one place to another:)Sorry,it is hard for me to explain on English,but i guess you will understand what i mean:)

C

crocodile og

@KaptainKush

3000K is good for flower. 4000k+ is better for veg.

A regular fluorescent is usually the best.

You need a dome on those clones. A clear plastic container will do. Just drill a few holes in the lid for ventilation so they dont cook or get mouldy. Then you dont have to spray them all the time.

Should take between 7-12 days to see roots.

Top Bottom