cloning using rhizotonic

• Thread starter lil ze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lil ze

i have put some clones into root riot cubes and dipped the clones in clonex before i put into cubes.i am misting about 3-4 times a day with plain water.can i mist them with a low dose of rhizotonic (2ml litre).they will end up in canna coco coir and i use all canna products.

P

Pot Boy

Just leave em be and let them root would be my advice..

S

SeenTheLight

If you add some Rhizotonic to a foliar spray it will help the roots develop once the clonex has stimulated the rooting process.

M

Malachi

I personally use clonex solution for a foliar spray diluted at 1/2 strength as recommended and all my clones always root in 7-10 days.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I'm pretty sure the rhizotonic is suppose to be applied after the initial roots are growing...If your looking to speed up rooting with a product like that try H &G Roots Excell.. or Humboldt Roots, those are for use before root initiation. Good luck

N

nor cali farmer

yes after the roots show. id go 1/4 str. just my 3 cents

powerplant

powerplant

I personally use clonex solution for a foliar spray diluted at 1/2 strength as recommended and all my clones always root in 7-10 days.

How many times a day are you misting with the Clonex Solution? Also are you using the Clonex Solution to keep the medium moist or just foliar? Thanks in Advance

Powerplant

L

lil ze

ive been sprayingthem about 3 times a day with ph'd water and 2ml rhizo into 1 litre spray bottle.i been doing this from day 1 and clones are all standing and looking good so im gonna carry on using rhizo and c what happens.

FaderVader

FaderVader

Um, im a huge Canna buff over the last few years and i use 25 ml riz to a 1 liter spray bottle (w/ ro water) for foliage while clones r in domes. I also found it helps to spray the cubes or plugs down a bit with riz solution, right out the door. Personally i never saw a benefit from waiting till i saw roots.

I always see roots a few days quicker then just plain ro, weather inoculated plugs (rappid rooters etc.) or rockwool cubes.

Riz has really low levels of nitrogen and tons of microbes, never found an overdose prob myself. IDK just throwing in some experience, its what works for me and i can definitely guarantee implementing it early isn't going to detriment anything =P

B

Badmf

lil zee, are you using a dome if so discontinue spraying. They will get too much moisture and you'll have more "drop-offs" , if you are "open air" spraying is ok if needed, but only if needed. The plant supplies itself with that moisture until roots develop but if too wet it hampers the development they need to have a need to build roots.:cool0010:

M

Malachi

How many times a day are you misting with the Clonex Solution? Also are you using the Clonex Solution to keep the medium moist or just foliar? Thanks in Advance

Powerplant

I spray them about once every other day as the cuttings need it. I am now using an Aero-Cloner and spray once a day, but when I was using rapid rooters with a humidity dome I would spray once every other day.

This was my technique with rapid rooters.
1) Soak rapid rooters in clonex solution as recommended with a PH of 5.5.
2) Cut clone and dip with clonex gel, then into root tone powder
3) Squeeze away excess solution from RR then insert clone
4) Cover clones with humidity dome and spray every other day or as needed with 1/2 strength clonex solution

Using this technique I NEVER lost 1 clone. I have sense switched to an aero-cloner because I take so many clones the Rapid Rooters started to add up. I hope this helps

L

lil ze

the clones are about 7 days now still no sign of any roots i even pulled few out the plugs and not even 1 little bit of root.i have them in a propergator with lid on im misting them 2-3 times a day and the lid aswell.i added about 2ml rhizotonic per litre into the spray bottle shall i try more rhizo or is this normall to take long.the clones are all standing nice and looking healthy whatshall i do ?

D

deftron

Use their boost as a foliar spray for veg! My pals swear by it. You only need like 5ml per 500ml spray bottle but works wonders. I use rhizo in my initial soaking solution for my medium. Sems to help. Anything for my babies....

L

lil ze

are you meant to soak the root riot cubes with phd water before putting clones in

L

lil ze

when do u start to feed the clones nutes and can anyone tell me how much is needed i am using canna nutes

B

billybadazz

gotta power cloner all i do is put 20 ml clonex solution per gallon. ph water to 6.8. cover with humidome and mist 1 or 2 times a day for week take dome off on day 11 and if i dont have roots then i will by 14. strain dependant. i usually leave them in another week and give them a 1/4 strength dose of nutes so when i transplant they seem to take of like rockets especially in the aeroflo. that extra week gives them the vigour i need so its worth it. just my 2 cents

Top Bottom