Cloning with RapidRooters!

• Thread starter cheaplastic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mad Farmer 1620

I hope your not feeding your babies with 1000 ppm.I dont think you need all those nutes bro thats seriously over doing it maybe just the clonex solution and the gel and some ph down.My boy just gave me 9 clones un rooted we were chilling and smoking and he started to pull out some goodies he poured some clonex gel on top of a empty mc donalds box LOL dipped the clones put them in a ziplock back and gave them to me brought them home Put them in there humidity dome with a heating pad and feed them clonex solution at about 150 ppm a couple days later there all rooted.

I was thinking the same thing LOL! 1000 PPM for clones, could mean trouble! That's a good way to fry them b4 they root. If you have any Roots Excelurator from House & Garden a little goes a long way. Just 1.1 ml per gal and combine it with your clonex and you should have roots blowing out in no time! Great advice Venom! :bong2:

sky high

sky high

thought I'd resurrect this thread rather than starting a new one....

Over the years I've flip-flopped back and forth between aero and dip n' stick methods.

Right now I'm back fuggin' with the rapids (root riots are superior if you can find them).

In an attempt to take LARGER and more robust clones I came up with a "double stack" method that uses 2 rooters held together with 2 toothpicks...... like this:

AaA
G

googolplexs

Yes, I saw that HTs aero grow cloner, them mentioned that you could just use water in their system you did not need gel nor anything but water if you chose.
I don't know that much either, but the people that say they do, would state 1000 ppm is way out for clone, maybe 250 tops if that.
I'm running 1600 in aero, but these aren't puppies, das big dogs.

I have noticed a lot of people here are afraid to run higher ppms, but most aren't pushing 1000ppm on their DWCs ?

Yea I'm going to go for about 2200 ppm aero, but my meter only goes to 1888, I need to buy another meter then I can go to 3776 2 x1888= 3776, right.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

You do not see the high ppm in DWC because experienced growers know better. It is a HUGE waste to push that much ppm...in DWC you could complete a grow with less than 500ppm....do you just like wasting money and nutrients?

And on the 1000ppm for a clone, you guys need to remember something, the clone should be fed whatever the mother plant it came from was getting fed. You have to remember a clone is NOT a young plant, it is as old as the mother that it came from. So if the mother plant is getting 800ppm, then the clones from that mother plant should be getting same PPM......

And as far as the method described here by the OP....wow.....you do not need any of that stuff. I hope no newbie comes along and reads that and thinks this is what you need to clone. You need water, root plugs, flouro light...thats it! If you wanna splurge and go all out, then get some cloning gel......you can get up to 100% success rate even!!

Should have left this thread UN-resurected.......

D

danseven

I only have this to add to this thread..... EZ Clone 30, 60 or 120! 6. to 6.5 PH with some Super Thrive (the government invented it and available at many home supply stores) It has never taken more than 10 days to get roots a popping in my 30 site. Worth the money if you take your own clones. If you can sell a clone for $7 to $10 you will pay for the machine in a month. The least expensive place I found to get an EZ Clone is seedsect.com. Includes free shipping!

S

swisscheese

Cut the clone on a 45 under a node, set in a glass of ph'ed tap water(I also use rhizotonic and soak the cubes in that water), put cut about 1/4" to 1/2" into the root riot cube not real far in like you instinctively want to and then transplant into a party cup of coco and in 7 to 10 days, 14 tops you will have awesome massive roots.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

worst tutorial on cloning ever... i dont mean to hate, but when you pretend to help people and this is what you give them.....

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

lol this thread cracks me up

so you made a tutorial cheap... whats up with it did you actually try the method? how did it go for you? :wondering

D

djxl2001

Bomb cloning tutorial! Also for people with different methods and results keep in mind that different strains vary in both ease and cloning time so just because you can get clones in 6 days with your basic set up doesnt mean it will work with some of the harder to clone strains out there.

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I just soak them in tap water, slice the 45, dip the cuts in Dip n Grow and some them up. I make sure they dry out (not fully) and give them a drink as needed. When they start to show roots on a few they get some Olivia's. I even make the cut on my pant leg. I still get great results.

Top Bottom