Cloning with RRs Need a lil help.

• Thread starter PDX420Grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Hi, Im trying to get roots with these rapid rooters. The last few times I've been cloning the same 2 strains and have had 100% success in about 10 days, using RRs, cloning gel and a humidity dome w/ a super sprouter heating pad. Recently I've been trying to clone a few new strains and have barely rooted any. The 2 old strains did like normal (9-11 days) but only a few of the new different ones have rooted. Its been about 2 wks. I know some strains take longer but what else can I use to speed up the process on these? I still have the dome on. Whens the best time to remove it? Normally I remove it about a week in and mist em til they all root. But they usually look pretty fresh still. Some of these strains look fine and others are starting to yellow a lil. All were taken at the same time using the same method. Any tips? (thinking of building a small EZ cloner. Give it a try)

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
nutes?

have you fed? ........some times they dont take thats why I allways take 3 of each I want to grow if they all make it .give the over away or veg longer lot of options as long as you have redundancey with clones :harvest:

I use one in my prep. grow rughneck tote pump and neopreen its back their on the floor behind the chair under the scrubber... I get 99% sucess no dome just dont let roots get over 1 1/2" long if you do it will stunt them for 2-3 weeks I know from exp.lol

100_03721.JPG

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

No, never fed. Never needed to before. Just spray em with water twice a day the 1st few days. Then, as they start to dry out (about 5 days) , I mist the rapid rooters lightly around all the edges. I let em get fresh air for about 5 mins and put the dome back on. Mist the RR edges whenever they're starting to look dry. They're under a 2ft 2 bulb T5. light cycle is 20/4, but the heating pad is on 24/7

S

Sunnyd

scrape the stem after cutting that 45 degree angle. soak in superthrive/ h20 mix. flip the RR upside down and make a new hole using a toothpick... needs to be tightly secure around the stem and then just do what ur doing, misting and waiting.. be sure not to over water the RR. moist not wet..

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Right after I cut I put em in water, then after getting a few cuts of each, I remove the lower set of leaves and scrape the stalk w/ a scalpel. I also rip a small piece of RR off the edge and stuff it in the hole, making a snug fit. I've noticed that you dont want to over gel the stem. It slows down the process. I guess Im just getting anxious cuz these new strains are acting different (should have been expected). Taking their time. I just need to relax, smoke and let em do what they do. Forget that sometimes. -PDX

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
there you go bro ..............and some times they just dont harden off
make sure to practice ...redundancy take 2 more than you need just in case especially
with new gear till you learn how that strain is ....I do it anyway (dont like to run out of smoke)

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

^^^Good advice. I always take a few more then needed. Definitely better to have more then I need then to not have enough. -PDX

V

VolcanoVapin

Go for the aeroponic style cloner, bro. It's so much easier, more reliable, faster overall, and produces thicker, healthier roots...

I bought the clonebucket 30 site for $90 shipped, and it's very simple. Anybody could make something similar for $30-$50.... but first try I had 28/30 cuttings with nice healthy roots that can be easily planted into whatever medium you want to use. Also, this is using only plain tap water until the clones have established roots. You need nothing else! No humidty dome, no rooting hormone, no powder, no nutrients at all until after decent root systems are formed. Aeroponics is where it's at for cloning.

sky high

sky high

Another method that has worked for me with the rapids is to chuck the tray with the individual cells and fill the bottom tray with damp perlite. (poke holes in the bag and run water through it) Wallow out holes for the plugs (you can tell when the perlite needs rewetted cus you can't make a hole) and set em in there....dome 'em...then set the tray on a heating pad @ the right temp...

no more drying out of plugs. the perlite keeps things just right on moisture and dissapates the heat from the mat. I have had very good success using this method.

good luck, all

s h

S

spinkus

be sure not to over water the RR. moist not wet..

For me, this has been the biggest factor for having roots in 5-7 days or roots in 3 weeks.

Keep the RR moist but not waterlogged, this could be difficult if you cant visit your grow like 2-3 times a day. If you visit once a day or 2 days you might have to waterlog them a little bit

I get roots in 5-7 days in i just keep them wet enough by squirting them with a syringe on top

If I have to leave or l cant stay on top of them, and have to keep them too wet, it can take 14-21 days for those bastards to start popping out the bottom

Just my experiences FWIW

S

spinkus

sky high - Thats a very good idea on the perlite in the bottom of the tray...

I'm gonna try that Tuesday when l take more cuts. Thank you

Top Bottom