cloning

• Thread starter hotrrod7076
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hotrrod7076

Quick question when u clone how many times can u actually clone a plant before it possibly looses potency n size over decreases in benefits lol just carious if its a myth or truth

Unit541

Unit541

A clone taken from a beat up, stressed out, ragged mother may be difficult to get going. It was stressed and deprived before cutting, the cut doesn't have much energy to root and grow. The end result may be less than desirable as the resulting crop has a hard time getting a foothold. Not going to have a good time cloning, or getting a crop going from this plant, even if it's brand new, grown from seed and never before cloned.

A clone taken from a healthy, vigorous mother, will root quickly, begin taking in nutrients, and thrive. The end result is much better, and the overall grow much easier for the farmer. Cloning will be easy, and a new crop taken from this plant will hit the ground running, even if the mother is 10 years old and had cuts taken 100 times.

What is relevant, is the condition of the plant you're taking clones from, not how many clones have been taken from it.

A clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone... is still a "clone". Degradation of the plant in question, as a result of cloning is pure myth. When you think of cloning a cannabis plant, you think of "making a copy". You're not actually making a copy. One plant is not going into some botanical xerox machine, having it's genetic code read, and a new plant constructed from all new materials according to that code. This would allow for errors and omissions, and degrading resolution of the genetic code with each copy, just like a photocopy of a fax of a sketch of another photocopy. The image gets less clear each time. While our brains might perceive it this way, this is just not whats happening.

What IS happening when you clone your plant? You're simply taking a piece of that plant. It's the same plant. Not a copy. Think of the lizard that grows his tale back after he loses it. Now imagine that the tail he lost, grew a new lizard. You could clone a plant 100 times, but that 100th plant is still just a piece of the original, not a copy in any way.

Clone a healthy plant, get a healthy clone. Clone a pissed off plant, get a pissed of clone. Make mom happy before cutting, period.

M

motz

What does everyone think of cloning while the plant is flowering. Somebody I know let a unidentified male loose while gone and it did the dirty.

DarkSpark

DarkSpark

What does everyone think of cloning while the plant is flowering. Somebody I know let a unidentified male loose while gone and it did the dirty.

You would have to reveg it. possible to be sure but can take a while.

H

hotrrod7076

Right in depth answer n makes sense i took some clones from some heathier moms but they just made a come back after fertizer burn but i flushed n just watered them for about 2 to 3 weeks before i took the clones made sure they were fresh new growth ones ...since i had this train wreck strand n cloned it about 20 to 30 times i was wondering if it actually decreased it value so thanx for that explanation because i was thinking like u but had few friend say u need some fresh newer clones n im like shit all the clones iv takin n flowered been just as good or better than my original clone i first got. N when i clone i clone off the last couple clones iv takin when its time i never used just a mother plant dont have the room to keep one around so i just clone the cl9nes when they turn into full plants been workn good so thats why i had that question :-) ....and i was given some plants that started flowering about 3 weeks or so because they were so small n too small to b flowering yet but i reveged them n it took about 3 or 4 weeks to start growing again n they got a bunch of single leafs n took a while before they started going back to 3 n 5 finger leafs n i have budded them like that before n turned out decent just not the best as to one from strait veg to flower. So have patience n let reveg n wait or get new clones or seedling ....the 3 i had i just let them do their thing for shit n grins too see if i could save them while i had other ones healthy n already established plants

H

hotrrod7076

Never cloned a flowering plant but in my opinion i would think it would b too much stress on a clone n if were able to take it probly be a long while before they got roots considering taking energy converting it back to veg wont give it the stregnth to grow roots .....but thats just a guess n probly able too just just b a long while

Unit541

Unit541

It's possible to clone a plant in flower, but as others have stated, it can take a long time to reveg. Even longer before it's ready to have clones taken from it. It'll get all gangly and have strange growth. Do not clone it again until normal looking growth resumes.

Top Bottom