CLOSE UP PIC OF Root Aphid and Fungus Gnat larvae.....help..

• Thread starter DowNwithDirT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

this isn't what I typically see regarding root aphids. These fuckers are tiny....not what I dealt with over 2 yrs ago, or not what I remember. I have had fungus gnats for as long as I can remember but finally got a shot of some larvae at it.

I accidentally flooded one of my containers in a tray with water and when I came back noticed the gnat larvae then I noticed the little RA mother fuckers. Went and checked the veg and sure a shit....same thing.....took me 30 min to find one....but found em none the less.

This sucks ass. I have been chasing so many problems and am thinking I've probably had these little fuckers for a long time. Makes sense why my yields have been just over 1.5 when last year I was hitting 2.5 consistently.

Root aphids.....

Close up pic of root aphid and fungus gnat larvaehelp 4
Close up pic of root aphid and fungus gnat larvaehelp 5

I believe this flyer is a root aphid flyer....
Close up pic of root aphid and fungus gnat larvaehelp 3

and GNAT LARVAE

Close up pic of root aphid and fungus gnat larvaehelp
Close up pic of root aphid and fungus gnat larvaehelp 2

420bliss

420bliss

i would let your medium dry out as much as possible then hit it with a root drench of caps foliar pack bennies, lots of good stuff in there to take care of those fuckers. i used it on some plants with PM and havent seen it sense, also has put a stop to F.G

"For fungus gnat infestations, keep heavy on the foliar pack as a root drench. once per week no slacking. The BT will excrete a protein which is highly toxic to the beginning stages of FG larvae. You may not see results right away, but it is working. I would also get something like Exciter permethrin spay for the flyers. KNock them all out. Kill em dead." thats a quote from cap

iCultivate

iCultivate

Never used Cap's bennies, but people sure do rave about them.

-- iCultivate --

deep buddy

deep buddy

are you in flower?
are you organic or synth?
you need a pic of a flyer from the bottom the RA"S have short fat butts.
caps bennies do work.
so does spectracide(triazicide)/imid( which is what i used)fwiw. i use a preventative all the time period!
fwiw

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

yea that flyer is like what you described.

flower room @ 40 days....prob just use botanigaurd

a bunch of moms and veg plant
veg at other spot in 5 gals

everything is in straight coco. All syntetic......canna a + b , zone, silica, drip clean, calimagic

deep buddy

deep buddy

botanigard only kills fungus gnat's, caps foliar pack is a much better and cheaper source with multiple strains in it not just one.

but if it were me spectrcide all your veg and anything 14 days from finish.fwiw

ttystikk

ttystikk

this isn't what I typically see regarding root aphids. These fuckers are tiny....not what I dealt with over 2 yrs ago, or not what I remember. I have had fungus gnats for as long as I can remember but finally got a shot of some larvae at it.

I accidentally flooded one of my containers in a tray with water and when I came back noticed the gnat larvae then I noticed the little RA mother fuckers. Went and checked the veg and sure a shit....same thing.....took me 30 min to find one....but found em none the less.

This sucks ass. I have been chasing so many problems and am thinking I've probably had these little fuckers for a long time. Makes sense why my yields have been just over 1.5 when last year I was hitting 2.5 consistently.

Root aphids.....

I believe this flyer is a root aphid flyer....

and GNAT LARVAE

I didn't 'like' this post because I wish bugs on anyone, but those are some of the best pics of the tiny little fuckers I've ever seen, even in a textbook. Great shots, brother- no doubt anymore about what you're looking at. For fungus gnat larvae, people tell me to root drench with pyrethrins. Haven't tried Cap's bennies yet, definitely want to ASAP.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

thanks tystik....was thinking of going and renting a macro lens to take some even better shots.....Its so hard to get pics of em, and the clarity isn't quite there. But like you said, great to see what it is I am dealing with, and for those that think they have fungus gnats or root aphids.

ttystikk

ttystikk

thanks tystik....was thinking of going and renting a macro lens to take some even better shots.....Its so hard to get pics of em, and the clarity isn't quite there. But like you said, great to see what it is I am dealing with, and for those that think they have fungus gnats or root aphids.

Your clarity is fine- what you're seeing as blurriness is actually a depth of field issue; as you get more and more macro, the depth that remains in focus gets smaller and smaller. You caught the subject matter just tits, bro- nice work.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

ive been told bayer tree and shrub and list of other things to knock them out. motiv303 supplied me with so info and im sure he would be more then happy to help. i tried caps root and foliar and still have RA in my flower tent. going to finish this run out and start with all new soil next run. sorry to hear about the infestation. those fuckers are relentless

deep buddy

deep buddy

yep those are very young aphids would be my guess. i hope i really dont wanna a new RA species,FTW!

but yes great pics

dankworth

dankworth

Cap's foliar pack drenched in 1x weekly wrecks those fuckers.
Since I am playing with bucket systems, I put some foliar pack in a spray bottle and sprayed all over the place in there too.
I have been slacking a bunch on the application of the foliar pack, but I still am running shit.
Those fuckers will drop your yield just like you said.
The foliar pack does take out fungus gnat larvae too.

I really like having this option. I have imid and spectracide on sale from Home Depot just sitting there. Did not want to test my immune system.
Spend less than $100 with Cap, and within a couple of weeks you will be stoked.

Are your bitches throwing fan leaves with fewer blades than normal due to their stress?

E

ECOutlaw

Those look like hypoapsis miles. They eat the fungas gnat pupae.

Not sure on the flier. The wings is were you can really tell whether or not its an aphid.

Chobble

Chobble

Okay, Those Root aphids are very similiar to a post I started here a while ago. It had pages and pages of info on fighting the fuckers, I advise checking it out.

I've been at war with them for two months now, Fungus gnats are easy mode and will be wiped out by a variety of things you can try to rid yourself of root aphids.

Cap's Bennies.. It worked well for me almost completely eradicated my infestation. I continue to treat my indoor with it, making my 5th batch as we speak to try and eliminate the last pot infested.

Azamax... It really pisses em off. But. I've found that after treating with azamax they do not spread to more pots, but the fliers really do increase. They just get angry and leave there pots, but I dont get new infested pots. Thats what its supposed to do, mess there reproduction system up.

SNS 203.. My hydro guy just recommended it to me, Im going to try it if all else fails and report in. Others have reported success as well.

Chobble

dankworth

dankworth

Oh and letting your coco dry out too much after using the foliar pack does not help things at all. Seems to reduce effectiveness of the fungus that takes them out.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

I can't let the coco dry all the way or really even close. It would totally fuck up the blumat settings and would def result in lots of water everywhere once I open the water line up again.

thinking they may actually be the hypoapsis mites. Sure am hoping.

I went to my good friends today, pretty much the only person I give cuts to and spotted a few within a few minutes. His plants are really looking like crap but they have been neglected. These fucks are almost to small to Id but we are both scouring our mediums searching for them.....

There is without a doubt a possibility I have only fungus gnats, as I have know that I have them for almost 2 yrs...never fully eradicating them.

Last run I did use grips of predatory nematodes, and maybe just maybe, there were some hypoapsis in there. So hard to tell.

dankworth

dankworth

I can't let the coco dry all the way or really even close. It would totally fuck up the blumat settings and would def result in lots of water everywhere once I open the water line up again.

thinking they may actually be the hypoapsis mites. Sure am hoping.

I went to my good friends today, pretty much the only person I give cuts to and spotted a few within a few minutes. His plants are really looking like crap but they have been neglected. These fucks are almost to small to Id but we are both scouring our mediums searching for them.....

There is without a doubt a possibility I have only fungus gnats, as I have know that I have them for almost 2 yrs...never fully eradicating them.

Last run I did use grips of predatory nematodes, and maybe just maybe, there were some hypoapsis in there. So hard to tell.

Dude they look like RAs to me. Like a lot.
I had fungus gnats too before, used microbelift w/ BTi to take them out.
That product smells like hideous unwashed ass.
Cap's foliar pack has bti as well as two potential fungal modes of control for RAs.
It infects them from the inside out, the fungus attaches to them, then grows inside of them, then they die, then they shoot spores out to a certain radius and fuck up others as long as the rh around them stays high.(edit- they are social, and they congregate around walls of containers and shit. and the fungus that does this shit must colonize the roots first I have read in order to then fuck up the root aphid with spores)

For reals, get some foliar pack and take those bitches out.
Your buds have tried to become larfier too, in addition to the yield loss I bet.
Fucking root aphids are born pregnant with 200 young.
They round-assed bugs are root aphids IMO.
When you handwater, the young'uns will float in the pool formed by your irrigation I bet. Little squirmy white fuckers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom