Closet grow 2020

• Thread starter Swegrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Swegrow

Swegrow

So, I thought about getting a small grow tent but decided to rebuild a closet instead. Space will be 5.25x3.6 at maximum, but probably half of that to begin with.

This log is to post my progress and building ideas along the road. I hope you enjoy and I will gladly have all of you experienced growers input and ideas on everything.

I plan to..,

First step will be to draw wires and get a power outlet, and to drill for ventilation.

After that to cover in mylar.

Ordering a fan together with a carbon filter and also a light source (1 for start) next week. Got 7 seeds germinating right now that will be ready to move in when their home is done in a couple of weeks.

Here it is in its current state. Will remove most of the shelves and put up fixtures for light hangers and such. And get rid of all the junk =)
Closet grow 2020

Swegrow

Swegrow

I will make a hole for 125mm vent piping and fan (w carbon filter attached) above the door.

I will also have a 100mm hole with dust filter attachment near the floor. I will add small fan there aswell to get air in at a higher rate. Is this overkill or a good idea?

Swegrow

Swegrow

Found a growshop nearby, carries most of the goods I need. Will got there tomorrow to ask the guys there about some details like what light to use etc. If I can buy OTC and also epand it with 1 or 2 more in the future, thats a huge plus for me. I want to get this project started asap. And searching forums for the right LED light to grow under turned out to be quite hard. To much data to compile ;)

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Nice. I only use a 6" can fan for an exhaust in a 2×3×5 but it works. I also keep an oscillating fan in the tent. You seem ready and dedicated as a first timer so I'd like to see updates in the future. GL

My diary:

Swegrow

Swegrow

Nice. I only use a 6" can fan for an exhaust in a 2×3×5 but it works. I also keep an oscillating fan in the tent. You seem ready and dedicated as a first timer so I'd like to see updates in the future. GL

My diary:

Thank you! I will start my build early next week, will update with pics along the road.

On a sidenote..

Got an Amazon Alexa for christmas from my brother in law last year. Did not have much use for it until now. Sat down with the app and found out I can use it as a timer for all lights and fans etc. IPretty cool!

Swegrow

Swegrow

Built a wodden floor to get the pots up and to improve airflow. It to cold inthere (around 15C) so put in a small radiator.

20200223 124455

Chihuahua helping out ordering some stuff and also general planning, then he fell asleep.

20200223 124412

Swegrow

Swegrow

Got my grow closet ready today! Its fun to build stuff and I will improve it along the road =)

Went with panda film instead of mylar to save a little money.

20200225 175619

Made it easy by taking power from the lamp socket in the roof, will do a better installation later this week If I can make the time. Add another 2x socket at floor level for fans etc.
20200225 183412

125mm 2 speed fan and carbon filter.

20200225 191247

I picked a LED light, TGL 220, full spectrum. Expensive and I probably got rippred off. Time will tell =)

20200225 192423

Radiator with termostat to get the temp up to par since its not an insulated space,

As I mentioned before, I went full nerd with the amazon alexa and now I have light schedules and anything else I need controlled by voice or with and app through smart plugs.

Put in 3 small plants, got 8 in germination in the minirig and I will transplant and get them in there later this week =)

20200225 195304

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey swe , did i miss something , can you tell me whats going on with your plants ?

3 small flowering plants ? In those trays ? What medium , what nutes ?
Looks like you flowered them from clone ?

Reactions: Ina
BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Hey swe , did i miss something , can you tell me whats going on with your plants ?

[/QU

trolling away I see. I’m glad I’m not the only one you make feel uncomfortable

Swegrow

Swegrow

Not much is going on really :)

Cheap portting soil, and just a bit of canna flores. From seed… Grew them for fun with 2 t5 24w while waiting to get my growroom set up.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Not much is going on really :)

Cheap portting soil, and just a bit of canna flores. From seed… Grew them for fun with 2 t5 24w while waiting to get my growroom set up.
Those are from seed .... dang ! They look strong

Swegrow

Swegrow

Grow room is up and running and working fine. Temp at 28C with the radiator at 50%, but humidity is a bit low. 30-35%. I will try to lower the temperature and getting a humidifier asap aswell. Thought about putting some bowls w water near the radiator but that will probably not be enough.

Last edited:
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

I like your setup. Super cool bonsai bud. I want to try pots like that sometime with a couple bag seed. Best of luck !

Swegrow

Swegrow

I will transplant into 3 gallon fabric pots in a couple of days, or should I give them some more time? Colorado cookies, Orange punch and Brooklyn sunrise (auto flower).

The shape of them is due to being to far away from the t5s. (Had the bonzais in the same rig) Moved them to around 2" distance a couple of days ago and they started to develop as they should.

20200229 154352

Last edited:
Top Bottom