closet grow: OG X MASTER KUSH 150w HPS

• Thread starter bstilwell1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Ok so i got a clone about 9 weeks ago and planted it in my closet in some fox farm soil.. using a 150w hps light. Ive used General Hydroponics Nutrients (Flora Grow, Flora Nova, Flora Bloom) throughout this grow. My plant is about 5 feet tall now and seems a little stretched out.. Branches and leaves arent that close together even though the leaves ar huge. Also my plant wont stop growing and its been on 12/12 over a week. Can I stop it from getting bigger lol. Also on the very bottom leaves ther is 2 yellow/ orangs spots that almost look like burn marks.. and i also noticed a little whight cobweb. any advice? i was thinking about adding some sort of floresant to the side of my plant.. what should i use for the blooming stage? thanks for the help sorry im kinda new at this..

S

scrapiron

Where to start... You have about 9 issues going on. Didnt do much homework before getting started, did we? You do not have enough light for one. That is why it streched out. What strain do you have? Different strains grow differently as well.

IF it were me.... I would regroup. You need to hit the FAQ's and read. Then use the streched out plant you have as a mother. (as long as you are sure it is female) Take cuttings, root them, and try it again, the right way.

Get more light. Go back to 24 hour lighting until your cuttings root. Then flip to 12/12. Do a quick SOG grow with your cuttings and get the bugs worked out of your setup. Speaking of bugs.... Avid, and follow directions on bottle.

The streched out plant you have now will strech out even more when it figures out the 12/12 light.... and you will have an even bigger mess. Hope this helps.

S

scrapiron

Just saw you are growing kush. But that makes it worse! They are pretty strechy going into flower. Your plant can put on 2 or 3 more feet.

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

can u clone if its begun to bud.. not completley, but i see white hairs that are developing.. and so wut your saying is im pretty much fucked trying to get bud from this plant.. and when growing from a clone u should pretty much start out immediatly on 12/12 after roots take hold??

S

sleepyhead

damn just dont listen to this guy man hes gonna freak you out .... honestly what your doing is kinda chill some people are doing way worse man umm it sounds like you got a big one ! thats kinda cool well i might take off some of the stuff 4 feet below the light like where it looks REALLY REALLY REALLY SHADY take off those buds and leafs and stems that are getting very little light and so on........ so you have a very small light and a very big plant i would try to see what you can do maybe i mean your just learning right? i think you can get some bud for the plant it might not be alot but it will be something to learn from ? anyway i would try to do what you already know how to do ask questions when ever you can be descriptive as possible if you dont have a camera ... and i would most likely bring this strain about 10 weeks .... in ten weeks you could have gotten more clones and vegged them for like 3-4 weeks in and started them in flower if you think you want to start over ... it might be good to try to learn from this plant but then again you do have to pay for the light :character0113:

peace

you dont want to start 12/12 right away because the roots need to not just take hold they need to get in to the medium so they can support the life of the plant people call us pot heads because the brain of the plant is in the pot / soil so like what ever is in teh soil is what will show in buds and prettyness

S

scrapiron

How much more room do you have? Closet grow, 5 ft plant, + a light.... I assumed you were out of room. If you still have a foot or 2 to play with, add light and rock on. You may end up with airy, thin buds depending on how streched you are. If you have a tall lanky streched out plant and no room left, I would clone it out. If that is the route you choose, do it now. A few white hairs wont hurt, it will be over that shock by the time they are rooted. Switch to 12/12 depending on the size of your closet. You need to leave 2 to 3 feet for streching and distance from the light.

And just for the record, you can get bud from this plant! Get kinky and tie her down. Pull the branches away from the light and tie it off to something. It all depends on what the plant looks like and how much room you have left.

I

IGKali

You may want to reconsider your nutrients program. The flora 3-part and the flora nova are both base ferts. I would either drop the nova and pick up the micro, or go with just the nova. You may be way overdoing her, there.

devious d

devious d

yes definitly take cuts ive taken them with white hairs and rooted under 12/12 not recomended but can be done, and bend that baby over, were you want to stop the height take the stem between thumb and first two fingers and gently apply pressure so it bends rather than breaks, you will be suprised how much they can take or tie it down good luck:rastadancing:

S

scrapiron

I guess the best way to put it, look at your plant. If it is lanky with few leaves, your buds will be lanky with few flowers. If it is lanky, but full of leaves, flower the girl.

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

thanks alot guys.. im getting a 400 hps to get this plant some more light.. and i do have more room so it shouldnt be an issue.. i just really wasnt thinking it would get this big lol o ya and im not using the Nova.. its the gro/micro/bloom.. wut should i use for spidermites?? it looks to only be on a couple leaves..

A

amstercal

Another light is definitely a good idea, provided you can compensate for the heat in your space. For the other issues... there's a sticky on this forum explaining LST (low stress training). This as well as a web search for the term will help you with how to adapt the method to train your plant a bit without damaging it.
Safers, found at many hyrdro stores, is great for the spider mites and you can use it during flowering. Be consistent spraying as when you've got webs they can take over quickly. Be sure to spray both sides of the leaves just before the lights go out, and make sure there's good air movement in the room after spraying, well always. Of course, what product is available depends on your area.
And spending some time reading here or getting a cultivation book or even researching general indoor growing will pay off big at harvest time! Good luck.

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

thanks. im gonna go pick some of that up soon.. should the 400 hps be enough or should i use the 150 hps with it? my closet is roughly 4x6x8..

N

NugNation

more light=more yield. if you can deal with the added heat from the 150hps you may as well use it. put it over any part of the plant that isn't as well lit by the 400, i'm sure you'll notice much bigger buds developing than if you just left it with the 400.

D

DaNK818

It all depends how much space you have and it's always good to keep the lights close my 150 watt hps is about 1 t away away. I too am growing an og Wich really grow tall like sativas. They grow leggy. I fimmed mine about 12in and got 6 tops. I vegged for 26 days she was 16in height when put to flower. This plant likes to stretch until the third or 4th week of flowering.

Top Bottom