Closet Micro 1 gallon 9 plant SOG

• Thread starter Bahs Creole
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Awesome. My next grow will be SOG. Can I ask what media? Looks like soil with 30% perlite?

Not trying to nit pick but curious why not water the entire media?

Bahs Creole

Bahs Creole

I use mother earth soil as a base, then I mix other things in it to spread the bag out, like coco-coir, pearlite, worm castings, seasoned compost with horse manure, blood meal, bone meal, dolomite lime lately I've been adding crab meal and seabird guano. All at different ratios of course..
Usually I use all fabric pots, but in a whim I used these small plastic pots. They're not my favorite on account that the soil can't dry as fast as I like.. I water a less amount, more frequently and I usually turn on the fan afterwards and come massage my pots to break up any stuck together soil.. I believe it helps my roots search for nutrients easier.. plus over watering is the fastest way beginners kill their plants..
Thanks for the reply

Bahs Creole

Bahs Creole

I repoted all the plastic pots with fabric and might have switched a few plants around, sorry about that.. but this is three days of veg since the last pic 19/5 light schedule..
I've never flowered this plant so this is a flower quality, plus yield potential test run..

Bahs Creole

Bahs Creole

Been another ten days, threw in a few more willing candidates for the experiment..day 7 of flower.. 14 days since start of veg.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Excellent, thanks for sharing.
I'll definitely try and follow this and hopefully pick up a few tricks along the way.

Bahs Creole

Bahs Creole

15th day in 12/12.. I've been pulling some of the larger water leaves to make sure I have plenty of light penetration. This test isn't for yield but I will be able to roughly estimate the yields on larger plants after this run.. I've individually tied all the plants down with training wire, 4 to 5 wires per plant which acts as my scrog net basically.. so I guess this isn't 100% sog. More of a scrogged sog😁💨🌲

Bahs Creole

Bahs Creole

This is basically my set up for pheno hunting.. 10 to 15 plants all of the same genetic line but different seeds.. then I veg the plants big enough to take two or three small clones from, then flower them.. and root your clones.. once your desired seed is chosen flower all the other clones and grow your choice out for a mother.. these plants above will be flowered and tested for content levels.. once I figure her stats, I'll likely cross breed her with one of my past fathers.. mazar l sharif or grand Daddy purp x tahoe cheese... Or maybe GG4 pollen.. it all depends on her terpene flavors, I'll try and match with the closest father with similar terps..

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

This is basically my set up for pheno hunting.. 10 to 15 plants all of the same genetic line but different seeds.. then I veg the plants big enough to take two or three small clones from, then flower them.. and root your clones.. once your desired seed is chosen flower all the other clones and grow your choice out for a mother.. these plants above will be flowered and tested for content levels.. once I figure her stats, I'll likely cross breed her with one of my past fathers.. mazar l sharif or grand Daddy purp x tahoe cheese... Or maybe GG4 pollen.. it all depends on her terpene flavors, I'll try and match with the closest father with similar terps..
That's just about how I do things too. I don't necessary look for the best genes, more like the phenos that best fit my growing method and style. If they are not vigorous, easy to grow, and pest resistant. I cull them. If they are not heavy resin producers nice n potent. I don't run them again. More than 10-11 weeks to flower...no thank you. I got no time for runts and mutants and the such. I'm tryna produce the highest quality with the smallest amount of stress.

Also funny you should mention Mazar I Sharif... I grew that strain ten years ago....wow was she a beast! 100% Indica. Shortest internodal spacing I've ever seen on a plant. She would never get over three foot tall and only made one potent ass, super lemoney main cola. I lost her during my hiatus.

R.I.P little NY47 Runt. Two weeks old and going to slow for the garden. (Funeral music.)

IMG 20201103 061653
IMG 20201104 063051
Bahs Creole

Bahs Creole

Sometimes I replant a slow grower, I knock off all soil from roots and repot in a lighter nute medium.. but yes I totally agree with you, if a plant isn't as vigorous or it's resistance isn't up.. I'm not trying to keep said plant.. I've also had to give up and flower out moms that weren't good clone growers. That's always sad..

Bahs Creole

Bahs Creole

Here's my mazar L sharif male. He's almost ready to puff for me.. I like the idea of him as a breeder because yes he is almost pure indica.. but alot of reports say their high, is that of extreme sativa effects in the head although amazing indica properties shine through.. node spacing on this male is less than 1/2" so that's great for female flower production.. I've never seen it, but I've heard accounts of mazar reaching 12+ feet tall outside..
This is the kind of genetics I'm integrating into my females..

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Very cool. Oh yes he is a beast for sure! Yep, landrace indica growth traits with a up euphotic high. That's how I remember her. Thank you for your thread!

Bahs Creole

Bahs Creole

With farming and gardening, I don't care what you say, someone can always learn something.. I'm definitely here to learn and teach what I can. Its always a give and take😁
💨🌲

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

With farming and gardening, I don't care what you say, someone can always learn something.. I'm definitely here to learn and teach what I can. Its always a give and take😁
💨🌲
Brother I popped my first seed 35 years ago, and would still call myself a novice. So much to learn. I got the basics, but that's it. Now with all the new lighting technology and such...even more to know. Again thank you! I look forward to your future post.

Top Bottom