Cloudy or Amber trichomes, and darkness?

• Thread starter Mikelej14
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikelej14

Mikelej14

So I have heard that the more Amber coloring in the trichomes the more of a body high you'll get, as opposed to a white cloudy trich will give more head high? Also that giving dark time before chopping will create more crystals
So I guess based on that rumor;
1) is that even true?
2) does giving dark time prior to chopping effect this in any way?
3) what do you guys prefer?

BigCube

BigCube

So I have heard that the more Amber coloring in the trichomes the more of a body high you'll get, as opposed to a white cloudy trich will give more head high? Also that giving dark time before chopping will create more crystals
So I guess based on that rumor;
1) is that even true?
2) does giving dark time prior to chopping effect this in any way?
3) what do you guys prefer?

Clear trichomes are immature trichomes.

Milky or frosty trichomes are fully developed mature trichomes.

Amber trichomes are degraded trichomes.

I prefer my trichomes frosty. Not sure about the dark body vrs light head stuff. I think a lot of that is subjective, it would need to be put through blind studies to give us any real answer. I volunteer!

I think indica/sativa has more control over body/head. Even that I think is not necessarily true.

I like mine at their peak. Not immature or degraded. But that's just me. šŸ‘

AtwoodCannabisFarms

AtwoodCannabisFarms

Frosty with a tad bit of amber is the way to go. Imho... the more amber your trichomes are the sleepier your customer high will be.

AtwoodCannabisFarms

AtwoodCannabisFarms

Personally...based on that photo...I'd do a *water only purge/flush the next two waterings....and pull em.

*if u r using vitamins...supplements......etc...

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Personally...based on that photo...I'd do a *water only purge/flush the next two waterings....and pull em.

*if u r using vitamins...supplements......etc...
They are already water only for the last 2, so Wednesday night when there's some time, will cut'm I guess. So what about dark time prior to cutting? I keep hearing 24-48hr darkness makes a difference also.. does it though?

Cracken

Cracken

as for darkness or light. if you have never tried light deprivation give it a try, it will not harm your plants, then you can compare for yourself. every grower has things that they feel is gospel and can not be deviated from. unless you are getting crazy that plant looks well cared for and is close to finished. personally I would hold off 1 more week, there is still quite a few trichomes that look half clear. I always used to rush to cut as soon as a sign of amber came along, but that was leaving 25% of them not fully ripe.

AtwoodCannabisFarms

AtwoodCannabisFarms

I've never utilized 24-48 hours darkness prior to harvest but to each his own. Try it this year...and not next year.....or vice Versa....find what works for you. I normally harvest in the mornings..........and have never had issues. This is the glory of growing......learn from past grows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom