Cloudy Trichomes

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

My Dutch Passion Auto Blueberry has had cloudy trichomes for weeks now with no amber even though they are at least 9 weeks from sprouting. Pistils are mostly brown, nice and dense with a scattering of new flowers and while pistils. Sugar leaves are turning purple. Tempted to harvest but I also tend to harvest early so pushing it this time; but sure don't want to over shoot.

Tnelz

Tnelz

My Dutch Passion Auto Blueberry has had cloudy trichomes for weeks now with no amber even though they are at least 9 weeks from sprouting. Pistils are mostly brown, nice and dense with a scattering of new flowers and while pistils. Sugar leaves are turning purple. Tempted to harvest but I also tend to harvest early so pushing it this time; but sure don't want to over shoot.
Look at ur trichs away from the light. If u haven't. It will give u a truer picture. Im sure ur good to harvest an auto @ 9 weeks though.

Toaster79

Toaster79

That's 9 weeks from seed and not 9 weeks in flower right? They just might take another week or so. A picture of the whole plant would also help alot.

Keep it green!

zeKemyst

zeKemyst

If they're not yet amber and your buds are mature then pick! you may be really reeeeally lucky.

Amber trikes is oxidation of the oil. Not a good thing.

Unfortunately when most trikes are still clear or milky (@ 3-5 weeks) its still too early to harvest because of the resulting low yield.

But the trikes are in their best state when looking like that.

H

happy b

Of u harvest now youl get a more up high and if u wait till the trichs are darker youl get a more body stone

Quagmire

Quagmire

Just curious - what is the body stone caused by exactly?

As the trichomes turn from milky to ambering this is the THC breaking down and causes the more narcotic couch lock type stone.. so harvesting is pretty much up to what each individual wants from their plants.. Some strains remain milky longer then others, be sure your using a white bulb and not a yellowing basic house light.. what I do is take off a leaf close to the bud and peer at it thru a 60x telescope or a jewelers loop of 30x's.. ($5).
Are your buds crowning up yet? are the hairs beginning to draw into the calyx a bit? As long as the buds are stacking or growing dreads and putting on weight, producing oils and increasing aroma, push her bro.. for most growers I tell them, when you think she's ready to chop, go another 7-10 days... LOL.. hope she's special.. peace

Quagmire

Quagmire

Clear Trichs= small harvest, speedy racy high that goes away fast.. poor flavor.
Milky Trichs= energetic high and with the right strain and enough oils produced a very good morning/daytime smoke.. timed just right an all around great high that lasts.
50% Ambering= Lethargic stone and a bit over the top for the light smoker who might be stuck on the couch for half a day.. this is the high most of us grew up with and are used to.
100% Amber= Medical pain relieving smoke, a sure fire couch lock and kick yur butt in 2 hits smoke.. especially if Indica dominant..

One can actually get all 3 highs' from one plant. Cut the main cola then stake out the branches spread out a bit for better light to lower buds and go another 2wks.. do this all the time.. get my daytime smoke and beddy by smoke from one plant..

Mex

Mex

Clear trikes give a speedy racy high? ....Is there a particular compound that gives this effect?.. sounds more like an ephedrine rather than a cannabinoid..but I didn't know weed has anything like that.

Be good to separate it into a nice tincture

M

MCemNEC

I too have this problem with an auto AK that's on its 76 day from seed. There are 3 actually,but the one has totaly stoped growing and has almost no white hairs. The brown hairs are not lots eather they are degrading. The buds are very hard with yellow bud leaves.Purplish on the tops and lots of purple leaves. But,no amber. Not one. The other two have lots of white hairs and since they are all the same auto ak i still keep the one hoping there is still time,but should I. Do I cut it down is were i'm getting at?

Latest posts

Top Bottom