Club 315 Cmh

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aktommy

Aktommy

I'm currently -1' in my flower room. Damn veg growth got out of controll. Next run I'll flip at 3.5'. Since I'm in a big hood, imo it will.spread the light out more and allow me to grow closer to thw glass w/o fn anything up.
I'm planning on flipping this run at 3'. I've got a room with Kosher Kush right now that stretched 4 feet off my scrog and engulfed the 2 adjoining plants. I won't be running that fucker under CMHs

Bearfamfarm

Bearfamfarm

Hey demon you think 3 of these 315's in 8 inch ss hoods would work well in a 4x8 tent. 950watts to replace my 2k?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I would think so. I run 4 in a 12'L room with great results. Albeit my 1st flower run. If you can cram 4 in there, I'd go that route.

gwheels

gwheels

I am going to buy one of these lights to run alongside my MCOB light. For full run do you think the 3100 or 4000 bulb is better? I will order it next week !. I am going to build a 4 x 8 grow room in my garage and this will go on one side of it :D

Leew421

Leew421

I had 4 of these lights. I ran 3 in a 4x4. It was nice but the buds never quite got to their full potential. They work really good in veg. They still get hot. I suggest a cooled hood. The Phillips bulbs suck ass so I suggest find a alternative. I have got way more than I could ever expect from my pair of Spydrx-plus lights. A true 4x4 light. If you do run the cmh, I suggest to run a Led light with it, as this will increase productivity
https://fluence.science/store/spydr-series/spydrx-plus/

Leew421

Leew421

I am going to buy one of these lights to run alongside my MCOB light. For full run do you think the 3100 or 4000 bulb is better? I will order it next week !. I am going to build a 4 x 8 grow room in my garage and this will go on one side of it :D
Honestly you want the mix of spectrum. Run a Led with the cmh

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I had 4 of these lights. I ran 3 in a 4x4. It was nice but the buds never quite got to their full potential. They work really good in veg. They still get hot. I suggest a cooled hood. The Phillips bulbs suck ass so I suggest find a alternative. I have got way more than I could ever expect from my pair of Spydrx-plus lights. A true 4x4 light. If you do run the cmh, I suggest to run a Led light with it, as this will increase productivity
https://fluence.science/store/spydr-series/spydrx-plus/

Hmm, my 1st flower run with this light contradicts everything about your post.

See hammerhead and rives posts over at ic. It will surely contradict your post as well. Take a peak at my v2.0 flower run. It will also do the same.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I had no issues withy.1st run with them. On par with my average 3x600 run with 4x315 and with out my top n yielding strain in then room

gwheels

gwheels

so if you had one light would you run 3100 or 4000 bulbs :D that was my question and i know you know :D

Leew421

Leew421

Plants actually need both red and blue and green spectrum so 3100 and supplements with a cheap Led set

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Have you even bothered to look at the light spectrum of the 3k and 4k bulbs?
Obviously not.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Guys are running 4k start to finish.

3100 K is a little higher in par and has a nice red spike to help flower.

The 4200 k has a bit more uv. And a little more blue to the spectrum.

The company that makes them and most reports I read use 3100k. But after seeing the amount of uv in the veg bulb I want to try it.

gwheels

gwheels

3100 it is. thanks :D

I have a mars reflector and a 550 watt MCOB light that will all be used but I am looking forward to running the MCOB beside the 315 to see. This is the 2017 summer project. Its too damned cold to even clean the garage right now

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

This has a lot of good information,
showing the 3100 k bulb is actually superior to the 4200 k bulb in UV and other areas as well.
It's a bit of a long video (11 minutes) But it's extremely useful in understanding these specific bulbs. BTW this is a CMH comparison video, tests the lighting and different bulbs.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Actually plants don't use green light wave lengths. Reason why some of us use green led to so work in flower rooms when light are off and not screw up the dark periods.

Many scientific studies have proven plants use green light for processes. Just does not trigger the light cycle.

However. A grower I know had flowering issues under an led green light bulb. The plants nearest did not flower Properly. Farther away plants did.

The grower left this light on for 3 days right over plants.

It had high wattage compared to the 15 watt green cfl I use with no problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom