Club 315 Cmh

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Had to revive this thread. So I just read every post in this thread 15 pages of it.

After reading everything I am 100% sold on buying a cmh 315.
But in my research I've have found a couple alternatives. I guess they also make ceramic hps, and Double ended cmh 630w (not dual 315cmh bulbs in 1 hood). What do you guys think about them? I don't know much about them and cant really find much info on them. Just wondering what all you 315 cmh users think about it.....

I'm looking at this unit to buy

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Grow-315W-CMH-CDM-Ceramic-System-Light-Complete-Fixture-w-3100k-Lamp/112107042982?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Does this unit look ok or should i be looking else where?
I plan to replace the bulb that is coming with it. What bulb do you guys recommend? 3k or 4k? And what brand is the best?

Freshone

Freshone

There really is only 1 bulb to use and thats the original,philips imo.All the rest are just knockoffs.As for the DE i tried the 630 and it burnt out (growers choice bulb) in under a week also melting one of the wire holders on my gavita fixture which is happening ALOT with solistek and others.Im not even sure how DE cmh works,you would think that if it was good/safe that philips or companies like gavita/dimlux would be making them?
Personally i think DE cmh is just a marketing ploy to cash in on the glut of DE fixtures out there now.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

U guys think that ballast and reflector any good? The 1 i found on ebay. Super cheap compared to other I have found that looks similar but priced around 300-400. This 1 only 189

Freshone

Freshone

Growershouse.com is where id look,maybe a tad more expensive but they always have 10-15% off sales.I have their prism ballasts and the sunsystems hoods,they are good with warranties also and probably better quality plus they come with philips bulbs.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Does anyone run their bulbs with the shield off? I ordered T9s, Scamazon sent the wrong ones. I been able to pull the shields off old bulbs with 100% success but the moguls/bases are in fact different, could be a harder paste material around the bulb is my concern... dont need any ringing exploding bulbs..

Jokefox

Jokefox

I've been tryna get answers but every thread leads to a dead end or some drama

So I have a 4x8 tent. I believe 6 feet tall maybe a few inches.
I have currently 2 x 600 watt hps and a single 400watthps.
The 2 600's are in aircooled hood and the 400 is just in a wing reflector.

My a.c. hoods are giving bad coverage and I want to switch to 3 x 315 watt cmh hung bare bulb vertically.

So my questions. Will 3 be enough or will I need to do 4?
I run sog so I try to keep my girls under 2 feet. The table they sit on is 1 foot tall. I'm left with 3 feet from the tops to the ceiling. Is that enough space?

Also has any one heard of fusion bright 315 watt dimmable remote ballast?
And do I just by a regular hid ballast cord and use a mogul to cmh conversion socket?

Thanks for any answers

Rcubed

Rcubed

My a.c. hoods are giving bad coverage and I want to switch to 3 x 315 watt cmh hung bare bulb vertically.

I run sog so I try to keep my girls under 2 feet. The table they sit on is 1 foot tall. I'm left with 3 feet from the tops to the ceiling. Is that enough space?

And do I just by a regular hid ballast cord and use a mogul to cmh conversion socket?

Thanks for any answers
I just use 3 in my 4X8 I use the hoods with the internal ballasts so I can't help you on that. I love mine compared to the old MH and HPS I used to use

Jokefox

Jokefox

What are your yields like compared to your old set up. And what was your old lights?
Did your quality and time also stay the same?

Rcubed

Rcubed

What are your yields like compared to your old set up. And what was your old lights?
Did your quality and time also stay the same?
Yields are similar but quality is higher with less energy used. Before I used 2 600W MH for veg and 2 600W HPS for flower. I had more heat issues before too. The CMH runs cooler even with the internal ballasts.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Thanks for any answers

I use 4 of them in a 4x8 with really nice results. My last run i got just shy of 1 gpw and the quality is noticeably better.

Madmax

Madmax

Wowee...just turned on my sunstorm 315.first time ive ever seen one of these lights going. Im like watching its getting brighter brighter brighter.like a hiroshima bomb going off..man thats white as..

VinnieV

VinnieV

Hello lads,

Just caught up on this thread and thought i'd post here to keep the CMH chat running.

Starting my first CMH grow running 6 x Dimlux 630w (dual 315w) lights in a sealed room with CO2 a little smaller than 8' x 10'. According to my calculations this should be fairly sufficient - do let me know if you think differently, I'm here to increase my knowledge! i'm running a SOG with around 60 plants in 18l (4gal?) pots - ebb & flow for feeding.

I'll be starting a grow diary so will post a link back here when done!

MBVapester

MBVapester

Just finished my first grow. Did a fair bit of research before getting everything and went with 3 x 315 Phillips Agro elite flower bulbs with Sunplix. Chose them because my area is prone to power outages and they were the only ones with the no hot restart safety so I wouldn’t be burning bulbs and so far it has worked. Have height restriction (5’ total height for everything)so growing in 12l pails with net pots inside and hydro system. Have 12 pots in a 4x8 with the 3 lights. Had another 315 veg light in there for a week during flower while I set up my 4x4 veg tent and would like 4 and think if you want to max out 5 of them in a 4x8 would kill it.
Made many mistakes and never really dialed it in due to the fact that I was only there on weekends so lots of things can and did go wrong during the week but they survived. Grew 8 different strains so that was an issue as well. Had 1 plant only give an oz be cuz it was stunted from the beginning and was going to throw it out after 3 weeks veg and it started so not a fair result. The GSC was the smallest for dried buds at 2 zips and one of the Grapefruits gave 7 zips. Did 43.5 total and all things considered it was better that what I was expecting. Lots of frosty trichs and can definitely do better if I can keep temps humidity etc in line. I would fully recommend them for sure.
Here is a pic of the abused ladies late in flower.
ABE3641F 2768 44BA A29A CE891B2D5ABD

A few of the GF tops drying
8A8C2024 58ED 4420 926C A128FBAC9EF6

And trimming got a bonus of over an oz of keif hash from the trim bin
1B7A47F5 E590 440D BC8E 1B55089D747D

I cant wait to get a couple grows under my belt and dial this in. I think the CMH is the bomb.

VinnieV

VinnieV

Just finished my first grow. Did a fair bit of research before getting everything and went with 3 x 315 Phillips Agro elite flower bulbs with Sunplix. Chose them because my area is prone to power outages and they were the only ones with the no hot restart safety so I wouldn’t be burning bulbs and so far it has worked. Have height restriction (5’ total height for everything)so growing in 12l pails with net pots inside and hydro system. Have 12 pots in a 4x8 with the 3 lights. Had another 315 veg light in there for a week during flower while I set up my 4x4 veg tent and would like 4 and think if you want to max out 5 of them in a 4x8 would kill it.
Made many mistakes and never really dialed it in due to the fact that I was only there on weekends so lots of things can and did go wrong during the week but they survived. Grew 8 different strains so that was an issue as well. Had 1 plant only give an oz be cuz it was stunted from the beginning and was going to throw it out after 3 weeks veg and it started so not a fair result. The GSC was the smallest for dried buds at 2 zips and one of the Grapefruits gave 7 zips. Did 43.5 total and all things considered it was better that what I was expecting. Lots of frosty trichs and can definitely do better if I can keep temps humidity etc in line. I would fully recommend them for sure.
Here is a pic of the abused ladies late in flower.
View attachment 873132
A few of the GF tops drying
View attachment 873133
And trimming got a bonus of over an oz of keif hash from the trim bin
View attachment 873134

I cant wait to get a couple grows under my belt and dial this in. I think the CMH is the bomb.
Looks like a great first to me! I’m in the same situation mixing too many strains along with seeds and clones so an uneven canopy is likely to be an issue - but I’ll tackle it as I go.

Once this rounds done I shall be popping some regs to get a good mother and just clone from here on out. Unfortunately I am restricted to one room and I do like some variety!

Verbal.medicine

Verbal.medicine

I want to set up a new grow and need some advice. PLEASE!
Haven't grown in a few years except for a small closet go for a family member who was very ill, & she since has passed away.
I love what a friend of mine is doing with CMH & I would love to join the "CMH family"!! My friend has warned me that the ceramic metal halide bulbs contain so much UV light that it destroys everything that is made of plastic, his Panda film grow room (4 example) was ruined (according to him "eaten away by the UV") by all the UV and he had to switch to a grow tent because of this. How true is this?
I am looking at the sun system vertical reflector and sun system remote ballast & of course the Philips lamp.
My question is will this 315 Watt cover a four-by-four totally? (I'm told 3x3 Max) If not what should I use for supplemental lighting? Also I already have 2 cob LEDs 3500k from rapid LED (used for one cycle in a closet grow) that I could use in corners if needed for flower.

My main goal is to have high quality but would still like to pull a 1lb.
So the question here is should I use a 4x4 tent, do I need some supplemental lighting for flower to cover that space? Or should I just put it in a 3 by 3? Would I be able to pull as much weight pound or better or would I get more weight from a 4x4.

I know there is a huge amount of different things that go into the amount of weight you can pull from a grow & I'm familiar with all this, but generally what would work better?
I'm usually run hempy buckets and scrog.

I spent months reading everything I could find on ceramic metal halide and a lot of it was very useful but this site and this thread here seems to have very knowledgeable people and I'm hoping to share in that knowledge and hopefully get some great opinions from all you growers. I like to thank you in advance for your time and consideration, & I'm open to all suggestions or criticisms or whatever it may take to get me pointed in the right direction for a successful grow I'd much rather do it right the first time, then have to keep replacing parts and pieces and end up spending more money in the long run... Been there 2many times b4! That said should I be looking at LED's?
CMH seems better for me!
THANKS

aletheus

aletheus

Actually plants don't use green light wave lengths. Reason why some of us use green led to so work in flower rooms when light are off and not screw up the dark periods.
they're finding out that green light they're finding out that green light triggers the plant to engage in both types of photosynthesis. So while the plants dont actively photosynthesize green light, green light DOES influence photosynthesis.

article on the subject

MichiganMike

MichiganMike

Hello,
I’m not sure how many people still follow this thread but find it very interesting, thank you for information. I’m building a room for a RDWC system I have built. 8 -10 gallon buckets Evenly spaced in a 4x8 rectangle. I have 80 inches from rim of net pot to ceiling. Average basement temp /RH is 65 F/52%. It’s the hottest month of the year in my area and max temp of basement is 69 with home AC at 79F. I will be exhausting to outside and pulling fresh air in from large open basement. Plan on a SCROG. I think the plants could be trained to cover a 5x10 net if they are vigorous. I thought about LEDs but I am under impression that watts also must be taken into account. I am helping a busy and we started using a 315 CMH to veg clones and I’m impressed with light. It gets cold here in winter and basement may get into high 50’s. LED lights may not generate enough heat so CMH may be way to go . Sorry about long post. I have not grown on my own in 35 years and so much has changed . Room will be well ventilated and insulated. RDWC will have a chiller. So finally I ask you all what CMH setup you would use? I like Sun Systems products and like they are made in USA. I was thinking of 4 to 6 with the dimming ballasts I’m worried that gust having a straight line of lights, as opposed to pairs will leave the shallower part of canopy under lit. Any information would be appreciated. I do not want to use a dedicated AC.
Thanks ✌️

Yokogrow

Yokogrow

Hello new to the grow world and am starting with cmh lights, so far ordered the vivosun cmh 315w with the protopia bulb and the fixture died on me! Company wanted me “testify” that it had died but that’s a different story. Anyways , got my money back and decided to invest in the sun systems flower power 120 240 v. Just 30 bucks more but I’m really hoping for the best with this one. Gonna loosen up and get the Phillips 4200k bulb for the whole cycle . Am also running a 3x3x6 grow tent . Have about 3 clip on fans . Will provide pics if requested. Also any advice will help thank you !

DOUGHBOYZEXOTICS

DOUGHBOYZEXOTICS

Hey hows it goes i switched over to cmh last run im currently on my second run i was originally running a solo gavita 1000de with none of the issues people were stating but cmhs visual clarity while in the room intrigued me to give it a shot so far im lovin it I Just bumped to 4 sunsystems flower power 315cmh ! Did well with 2 but only ran three plants n it def pushed them! Cant wait to see the end result of this heres a pic of at the beginning and ill add ina few photos of now
D15B312E E7B3 47A1 9B58 5798C83557A0
437B91A1 0001 4719 AFF2 3F8F96E1DEF1
5DEDD744 AF7A 4773 A015 F18848F78E26

1845FFFB AD57 4B1B 9157 AD8AA2E9F0B0
Last edited:
Top Bottom