CMH 315w Single bulb spacing

• Thread starter Bobbybuzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bobbybuzz

Bobbybuzz

Hey fellow growers ! I have 2 CMH 315w Single bulb grow lights in a 4x8 x 8 tent with 4 plants 2 are Afghan kush and 2 are white widow. I also have a cheap 1000w led !? My questions are how far apart should my lights be ? Should I use the led also ? I'm talking about veg and bloom 🤔

az2000

az2000

Hey fellow growers ! I have 2 CMH 315w Single bulb grow lights in a 4x8 x 8 tent with 4 plants 2 are Afghan kush and 2 are white widow. I also have a cheap 1000w led !? My questions are how far apart should my lights be ? Should I use the led also ? I'm talking about veg and bloom 🤔

CMH 315 is sized for a 3x3' tent. You'll have a 6" margin all the way around your 4x8 tent (and 12" in the center) that should be supplemented if the plants grow into that space. I don't think your LED grow light fixture would help with that.

Something that works well and inexpensive is ordinary household LED lightbulbs. You can use a 1x4" board, mount sockets every 10" (or so) and make a 4' long lightbar which would fill those outer edges. You need about 30w-35w/sq ft f bulbs. You have 14 sq ft to fill (i.e., you have 32sq ft total. You CMH is covering 18sq ft.). If you used 19w led floodlights, you'd need 24 of them. That would be 3 floodlights per 4' segment of outer edge of the tent, and 6 in the center section (between the CMH fixtures).

You could use more sockets and lower-watt bulbs to have better coverage and put the light closer to the plants.

Top Bottom