Cmh Crazy Fast Bloom Period...is It Possible?

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

I am not believing this. I checked the trichomes. I can let it go a couple more days maybe. I'll check it tomorrow but this is only 7 weeks flowering! 2 factors I'm considering...CMH and the plants were well into maturity before I flipped them. Hell this one started shooting flowers 1 1/2 weeks after flip.
I think my ghani cow can go for another week and a half but the pheno is showing heavy sativa.
14953332934461446767419-jpg.702403

Organikz

Organikz

I think I learned some strains don't do well under cmh which I have read. The bubblehead didn't produce much bud mass but massive amounts of resin. I think the whole plant may be going to hash. I think it was a crappy pheno anyway. Short stumpy resinous flowers.

Anyone else have any experiences like this with cmh?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

There is no difference with smh bulbs vs others. Think of it like this, cmh bulbs are a uva/uvb/hps/
mh bulb all in one. Why wouldn't some strains respond well to a premium bulb? Like saying red wine won't get you drunk vs a white wine.

My cherry pie finishes at day 56, vs 64+ on my gg4 and it's crosses.

JMcG

JMcG

Mine are not really finishing much earlier, but on some strains I do see the pistils turning earlier than before. Maybe they ripen a few days earlier, but for me it's minimal.

Organikz

Organikz

You know how it is demon. We read crazy shit on the net. Something to do with the plants adapting to regular HID lighting when breeding kind of like how they used to claim some strains were indoor only. I don't know. I thought it could b possible...lol seems silly now that I'm reverberating it.

Organikz

Organikz

Ive read multiple people claim it to knock 7-10 days off of their bloom but I know people become evangelical over their product they just purchased...maybe it's their imagination.

Organikz

Organikz

Maybe I'm feeling it. Lol...this odouls is getting me wasted. I should probably attribute to allowing full maturity before 12/12 but I might be falling down the placebo rabbit hole.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have had some strains grow very differently under the 315.

But they grow differently than HPS or CMH under the Hortilux Blue MH.

The more spectrum the more pigments activated. Which can be different results than expected for me sometimes.

But I have little outdoor experience and have only worked with HPS in flower until the end of last year. So the plants look different somewhat now to me. More "wild". Jungle like maybe.

And my fastest Blue Lemon Thai has just finished under one. Pheno usually takes 10 plus weeks for me. This plant took 9. Maybe could have gone 9.5 but a week faster than before cmh.

I will report on the Hortilux Blue as well in time.

I am moving my 315 to play with a new 3x3 veg tent for the summer and flowering under a 600super hps and a blue mh in a 3.5' x 7' footprint.

Organikz

Organikz

I have had some strains grow very differently under the 315.

But they grow differently than HPS or CMH under the Hortilux Blue MH.

The more spectrum the more pigments activated. Which can be different results than expected for me sometimes.

But I have little outdoor experience and have only worked with HPS in flower until the end of last year. So the plants look different somewhat now to me. More "wild". Jungle like maybe.

And my fastest Blue Lemon Thai has just finished under one. Pheno usually takes 10 plus weeks for me. This plant took 9. Maybe could have gone 9.5 but a week faster than before cmh.

I will report on the Hortilux Blue as well in time.

I am moving my 315 to play with a new 3x3 veg tent for the summer and flowering under a 600super hps and a blue mh in a 3.5' x 7' footprint.
Definitely a node stacker. Bittersweet harvest. Once I get these run through I'm going to stack a 400w HPS next to the cmh and run them over my 150g. Turn and burn. Time to crank up the Malawi seeds!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Definitely a node stacker. Bittersweet harvest. Once I get these run through I'm going to stack a 400w HPS next to the cmh and run them over my 150g. Turn and burn. Time to crank up the Malawi seeds!

Malawi. I like the sound of that.

Also this is not mentioned much in the pot growing world but the Phillips 315 cdm lamp we love was developed as a supplemental greenhouse light and originally marketed for indoor growing as a supplemental light for HPS systems.

Many professional growers use DE 1000 w hps and a 315 cmh per table. Proven to raise thc %.

Personally I always notice the vigor and buds in the overlap spot while I used hps and cmh next to each other.

My next build will have each 4'x6' space with a 600w Hortilux Super hps and a Phillips 315 cmh in a sun system Blockbuster and an LEC remote reflector respectively set up with heavy overlap.

Organikz

Organikz

Malawi. I like the sound of that.

Also this is not mentioned much in the pot growing world but the Phillips 315 cdm lamp we love was developed as a supplemental greenhouse light and originally marketed for indoor growing as a supplemental light for HPS systems.

Many professional growers use DE 1000 w hps and a 315 cmh per table. Proven to raise thc %.

Personally I always notice the vigor and buds in the overlap spot while I used hps and cmh next to each other.

My next build will have each 4'x6' space with a 600w Hortilux Super hps and a Phillips 315 cmh in a sun system Blockbuster and an LEC remote reflector respectively set up with heavy overlap.
It's a land race strain from ace seeds. The most potent sativa discovered.

"Description
After years of hard work and intense selections with sativas from all around the world, Ace seeds can confirm that Malawi is the most powerful and psychedelic landrace sativa they know. Its dense flowers of enormous trichomes compete with the most powerful indica/sativa and indica hybrids on the market in reference to their size and cannabinoids concentration. The potency of their flowers is simply devastating, and it is especially recommended for experienced smokers that seek extreme sativa effects without renounce to an abundant harvest. It has strong, concentrated aroma of oil, wood and lemon."

Yes I've read you get a mix of good bud mass and massive resin production. The best of both worlds...its also my excuse to not go buy another cmh...maybe 2...but this run may dictate that.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It's a land race strain from ace seeds. The most potent sativa discovered.

"Description
After years of hard work and intense selections with sativas from all around the world, Ace seeds can confirm that Malawi is the most powerful and psychedelic landrace sativa they know. Its dense flowers of enormous trichomes compete with the most powerful indica/sativa and indica hybrids on the market in reference to their size and cannabinoids concentration. The potency of their flowers is simply devastating, and it is especially recommended for experienced smokers that seek extreme sativa effects without renounce to an abundant harvest. It has strong, concentrated aroma of oil, wood and lemon."

Yes I've read you get a mix of good bud mass and massive resin production. The best of both worlds...its also my excuse to not go buy another cmh...maybe 2...but this run may dictate that.

I may just have to acquire some Malawi seeds soon.

Top Bottom