Cmh / hps light any good ? experience ?

• Thread starter Goblinkiller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Hello! Lookin at a 630watt cmh from sinowell. Have heard cmh is poor quality and hps is better. Any of you have experience with both?

Currently running a few leds. Considering cmh or hps for tomatoes

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

Started with two sunsytem 315’s, first grow & needed more lights for bloom. Found a 600 mph/hps with the BIG hood for a price I couldn’t turn down & just in time for bloom. Ran the two 315’s on one side and the 600 on the other. I now have 4 of the cmh’s.
Also I’ve read that the 630’s aren’t that good.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Is it a double ended 630w or 2 single 315’s in one lamp like sun system does it with 2 phillips bulbs?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Looks like two 315s.

Appreciate the input

link take me to home page.

As long as it comes with a proper low frequency square wave ballast and phillips bulbs it is a very good lamp.

I like my sun system set. Only need 3100k bulbs unless trying to get even more uv. Then the 4000k veg bulb my suit you or mix them but even tje 3100k grows short leafy plants like full spectrum led.

My complaint is one cant really flower a 4x4 with bushes like a 600 hps can. But 2 would likely blow the 600 away. I got 15 oz with one 315 in a 3x3 when i tried clones for yield.

And when taking pics lines show in the image from the low frequency ballast.

For cooling my air cooled glass enclosed 600 is always a couple degrees hotter under than 1 open 315.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

I guess a double ended cmh beats two 315s. Its true what you say about the philips lightbulb and such

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Thanks mimed. Never used this tech but I am curious. Ever gotten around to do a par reading of your setup? Or is that too geeky?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Great paper, interesting to read, especially when its signed Bruce Bugbee

i will add that he uses led lighting with specific uv and far red now at the cannabis lab in the university. Likely to study individual color diodes. Cant do that with lightbulbs. But i will assume the new led spectrums are as good as the cmh.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Yes. Indeed. There is still debate whether uv led is efficient and thats where I thought cmh could fill in

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes. Indeed. There is still debate whether uv led is efficient and thats where I thought cmh could fill in

led has no uvb yet. Flourescent tubes are used to supplement properly. Or not. Raising thc without other cannabinoids is what i think should be discussed. There is evidence uva may increase smell or flavor. Everyone always mentions cmh flower quality. Just not so much anymore with led prices down for full spectrum units.

MI420Farmer

MI420Farmer

I love the 315 as a full term light but it won’t beat a 600 hps in flower.
two 315’s would.
I use 2 CMH315's for flower and have amazing results. You lose a bit in quantity but the quality is superb.

Latest posts

Top Bottom