Cmh / hps light any good ? experience ?

• Thread starter Goblinkiller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
login

login

I'm using 1000 watt cmh bulbs dimmed down to 860 watts. I'm finding that even with a 3000k bulb the plants grow way more leafy and am having to defoliate way more often vs HPS and MH. I'm looking into switching over to LED I hope LEDs dont have this to much leaf growth problem.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm using 1000 watt cmh bulbs dimmed down to 860 watts. I'm finding that even with a 3000k bulb the plants grow way more leafy and am having to defoliate way more often vs HPS and MH. I'm looking into switching over to LED I hope LEDs dont have this to much leaf growth problem.

i saw that with the 315 3100k too. And plants stay short. I think all full spectrum options will do that. I liked cmh combined with hps much better for flowering.

Huntingterps

Huntingterps

I used to run a 600w hps in a 4x4 now I switched to the 630 cmh in the 4x4 and couldn't be happier. CMH gives me good results

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

i saw that with the 315 3100k too. And plants stay short. I think all full spectrum options will do that. I liked cmh combined with hps much better for flowering.
Wow my experience with 315’s are the complete opposite. I use both the 3100 & 4200K

Huntingterps

Huntingterps

This is currently growing under 630w cmh in a 4x4.
20210226 100404
20210226 100323

william76

william76

If I could only pick 1 light it would be an hps,but I'd use both for best results(hps and cmh).also the thing with less is every so often a new 1 comes out that's meant to be great but they always have the same problems,bud density,leafy etc..I'll stick with hps thanks.good luck,76

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

opposite how?
My plants haven’t been short in hydro or soil. I’ve had plants grow 78” my 1st run in hydro and was so concerned about the height the 2nd grow that I took the advice of a fellow grower and kept night temps closer to day temps & kept lights lower, all in an attempt to control height. Don’t know how much it actually helped because I ran into NP&K deficiencies during stretch and know that played a part in them not reaching their full potential, but even with that I still had a few that grew over 60” This pic is of my 1st grow in hydro. Being new I let them grow way too tall under 2 315’s. I got the 600 and flipped a few days later.
What exactly do you guys mean when you say “leafy” plants ?
37981178 2BDB 4380 97C7 1A4257AC689E

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My plants haven’t been short in hydro or soil. I’ve had plants grow 78” my 1st run in hydro and was so concerned about the height the 2nd grow that I took the advice of a fellow grower and kept night temps closer to day temps & kept lights lower, all in an attempt to control height. Don’t know how much it actually helped because I ran into NP&K deficiencies during stretch and know that played a part in them not reaching their full potential, but even with that I still had a few that grew over 60” This pic is of my 1st grow in hydro. Being new I let them grow way too tall under 2 315’s. I got the 600 and flipped a few days later.
What exactly do you guys mean when you say “leafy” plants ? View attachment 1096473

potassium deficiency even unseen will make plants stretch out. And any nutrient or environmental issues will change the effects the light was bringing. And when i say leafy i mean i compared clones grown under cmh and hps and mh to see the difference. The hortilux blue mh grew a shorter leafier dense bush with very leafy looser buds as opposed to the hps which grew bigger denser almost bald buds and less fan leaves. Also the plants were trained to 30” above the pots so light coverage was optimal as well as no nutrient issues present for testing.

RookieBuds

RookieBuds

Sweet, maybe someone here can help a n00b out! New grower here, started with an LED fixture, but my buddy swore to me his 630w CMH would be way better. It uses two 315w bulbs, so I'm currently running it single bulb confined to about 3x3 or less of the 4x4 pictured. Should i run BOTH bulbs in the 4x4, and if so should i basically raise the fixture to the ceiling??

PXL 20210316 033530561

Latest posts

Top Bottom