cmh lighting

• Thread starter needshelpguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Can someone recommend me some quality cmh lighting? Looking to do a combo of hps and cmh bulbs next grow what would I need to replace two 600w hps?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have a sun system. The remote vertical open reclector and a galaxy ballast with a phillips 3100k bulb. The all in one unit was about $100 more and had a phillips ballast and a special 2 material reflector.

I was going to replace my 2 600’s hps’ in a 7’ x 4’ area with 3. 315’s.

However when i saw he performance of the plants in the overlap of the 315 and 600 hps i realized that they are best combined.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I have a sun system. The remote vertical open reclector and a galaxy ballast with a phillips 3100k bulb. The all in one unit was about $100 more and had a phillips ballast and a special 2 material reflector.

However when i saw he performance of the plants in the overlap of the 315 and 600 hps i realized that they are best combined.
Thanks yeah Im thinking of running 2x hps and 3 cmh im going to use Philips bulbs can I get a cheap ballast or will that effect performance

Last edited:
Dbear180

Dbear180

I like the thought of combining. I think I'll venture there before leds.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I like the thought of combining. I think I'll venture there before leds.
That's what I'm doing always had problems with heat and adding a heat source with lights on if I was to use LEDs just doesnt seem worth it

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That's what I'm doing always had problems with heat and adding a heat source with lights on if I was to use LEDs just doesnt seem worth it

Its a more modern way of doing the old 2 hps to one mh for higher yield and quality. Also the extra blue spectrum aids in plant health and earlier finishing with some plants.

The con is mh degrades even faster than hps and hps degrades in half the time of cmh. So bulb schedules and cost are needed for best results.

Supposedly good new led panels and strips and i think pucks have a similar spectrum with one source. But the led needed the added red diodes apparently to really match the old stuff. But of course with higher efficiency.

So much cost to switch the whole room i just add the cmh in winter when i can use the heat.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Its a more modern way of doing the old 2 hps to one mh for higher yield and quality. Also the extra blue spectrum aids in plant health and earlier finishing with some plants.

The con is mh degrades even faster than hps and hps degrades in half the time of cmh. So bulb schedules and cost are needed for best results.

Supposedly good new led panels and strips and i think pucks have a similar spectrum with one source. But the led needed the added red diodes apparently to really match the old stuff. But of course with higher efficiency.

So much cost to switch the whole room i just add the cmh in winter when i can use the heat.
Thanks for that info appreciate it

Dbear180

Dbear180

Ive always grown 4-6 ft plants and never seen anyone with leds doing that on a level where I'm like, "whoa ok it's time to convert" that's my biggest factor in swapping besides prices.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ive always grown 4-6 ft plants and never seen anyone with leds doing that on a level where I'm like, "whoa ok it's time to convert" that's my biggest factor in swapping besides prices.

Six string who used to be here built a huge building full of led builds. He had half and pound plants all over that space. But commercial warehouse level of lights.

I grow 3’ bushes in my relatively small room. I should see good results i think.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Six string who used to be here built a huge building full of led builds. He had half and pound plants all over that space. But commercial warehouse level of lights.

I grow 3’ bushes in my relatively small room. I should see good results i think.

Yeah Six was a bad mother lover when it came to the leds. Jujitsu looks like hes killin it with the leds too 👍. Ahhhh someday... lol

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

@MIMedGrower do you think that it's worth doing 2xhps and buying and additional 3x cmh or should I just go with 4x hps that I already own

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@MIMedGrower do you think that it's worth doing 2xhps and buying and additional 3x cmh or should I just go with 4x hps that I already own

Good thing i barely sleep. Lol. Getting alerts at 4am here.

Anyway. Its up to you. I like 3 hps and 2 cmh personally i think. For quality and plant health with higher yield it cant be beat but you already have the tried and true hps. And no one has been able to pick which was cmh and which was hps when we blind tested ourselves and others.

But from the growing end with cmh its easier to keep plants greener bushier shorter and i like having the natural looking light in the room. Combines its still way easier to see natural plant color.

Another advantage was the open 315 worked great at the same 18” over the flowers as the 600 in an air cooled hood for me. Easy to mount and blend together.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Good thing i barely sleep. Lol. Getting alerts at 4am here.

Anyway. Its up to you. I like 3 hps and 2 cmh personally i think. For quality and plant health with higher yield it cant be beat but you already have the tried and true hps. And no one has been able to pick which was cmh and which was hps when we blind tested ourselves and others.

But from the growing end with cmh its easier to keep plants greener bushier shorter and i like having the natural looking light in the room. Combines its still way easier to see natural plant color.

Another advantage was the open 315 worked great at the same 18” over the flowers as the 600 in an air cooled hood for me. Easy to mount and blend together.
Thanks again for the info bro

Bardfoadmraj

Bardfoadmraj

you could try using some hps until they are flowered while mixing them with every spectrum then cooking them with the sweet HPS for flavour at the end

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

you could try using some hps until they are flowered while mixing them with every spectrum then cooking them with the sweet HPS for flavour at the end

You have it backwards, you want blue/white at the end for flavor & trich production, even 10,000k bulbs work great as finishers.. & also starting out in flower with more white/blue will keep the plants stocker & more stout... 2.5 weeks of say 3100k CHM & then 4.5 weeks of HPS & the 2 weeks of 4100 CMH would = the best results/quality IMHO for something that is a 9 week run. But personally I would run CMH the whole time & go with the mix spectrum the whole time,

Bardfoadmraj

Bardfoadmraj

That's what the par pro HPS is for, sweet and resinous while the hortilux blue has the kush smell. I wouldn't even use the 3100 with cannabis. Im using cmh chps induction and the gavita for stretching. I'm using almost every bulb at one point but the 3100. I'll even use the shps for the stretch because MH is my starter. I'm not sure if i need the par pro but I can run it at 300 watts. I'm doing an auto. Also some strains do smell a lot more....the cmh, even the smallest amount can help eliminate smell. I find my plants dont smell when it's on.

Top Bottom