Cmh Perpetual Organic Grow (12) 315s & (4) 630s

• Thread starter DrPhillippe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrPhillippe

DrPhillippe

Here's a look at my new room. It took over 60+ hrs of manpower & woman power :)- to get this up and going! After years of testing HPS vs CMH lights I've decided to take the plunge to a full on CMH converted growroom! I run two rooms which are setup for a 30 day perpetual harvest. There's a total of (12) 315s & (4) 630s. Here's a few pics of room #1 which just got flipped into flowering. The strains I'm running in here are mostly strains that I've bred which are parent genetics from Oaksterdam & SoCal growers. I'm running all coco & Canna organic nutes Bio Flores & Bio Boost. This run includes: Jack Og, Wonder Woman, Jack White, Jack Widow, Super Jack, Grape Diesel, Grape Haze, Sour Jack, White Rhino, White Widow & Lavender Gs!

Cmh perpetual organic grow 12 315s  4 630s
Cmh perpetual organic grow 12 315s  4 630s 2
Cmh perpetual organic grow 12 315s  4 630s 3
Cmh perpetual organic grow 12 315s  4 630s 4
Cmh perpetual organic grow 12 315s  4 630s 5
Cmh perpetual organic grow 12 315s  4 630s 6
Cmh perpetual organic grow 12 315s  4 630s 7
Cmh perpetual organic grow 12 315s  4 630s 8
Cmh perpetual organic grow 12 315s  4 630s 9
Cmh perpetual organic grow 12 315s  4 630s 10
Cmh perpetual organic grow 12 315s  4 630s 11
Cmh perpetual organic grow 12 315s  4 630s 12
Cmh perpetual organic grow 12 315s  4 630s 13
snoplow20

snoplow20

Damn. It took you 60 hours to hang some lights. Lol. I read the post and heard 60 hours of manpower and thought i was gonna see a nice grow room. Is that not the same room in your tree grow thread.

snoplow20

snoplow20

You say it just got flipped to flowering. Im confused because one plant is flowering hardcore and the rest look like there just starting. Pics 9 and 10 are definitely farther along then the rest of the pics.

snoplow20

snoplow20

I also see a lot of yellowing and flop indicative of late flower.

snoplow20

snoplow20

I also dont understand the idea of growing 6 feet tall plants and lollipopping em almost like a scrog grow.

Dutchcity

Dutchcity

Nice light setup! I don’t get the 6’ tall trees either, unless you were groing them outside for a awhile..?

snoplow20

snoplow20

Nice light setup! I don’t get the 6’ tall trees either, unless you were groing them outside for a awhile..?
the lights are nice. I will agree. But why such tall plants with so much lolli popping. You could achieve the same thing with much shorter plants.

snoplow20

snoplow20

So I'v embarked on another jounrey to grow the most MASSIVE indoor trees! I usually start my beans off in damp paper towels. From there I transfer into plastic cups or small plastic pots. I typically use cana coco. However in the past I've used a soil mixture which was 50% Happy Frog & 50% Ocean Forest and I've added perlite. Now these days after extreme side by side testing & comparison I only use Cana Coco. FYI I wouldn't suggest for any newbies to try a grow like the type I'm about to profile here. It's extremely difficult and you REALLY have to know what the hell you're doing. If you don't know the first thing about training or plant care stay away from trying to pull something like this off. The main problem is ceiling height and burning your tops up. The other problems are keeping your massive bitches well hydrated and well fed. About 7-8yrs ago I was under the impression that the bigger the pot the bigger the tree. Well this might be true or as you will soon see it might not be? I use to use those humongous plastic tots from Walmart like the one's people use for cags of beer or whatever. I would drill out the bottoms with a 2inch+ holesaw bit for adquate drainage and man did I do some seriously big girls with those. My largest indoor harvest was 57.5ozs! Just a bit over 3lbs a plant. That's pretty sick for indoors. I've tested those tots outdoors and rocked over 5lbs per plants! So the potential is definitely there to yield some serious weight. Now fast forward to the present day. I'm alot older and a lot lazier. Hell I guess I'm alot wiser too as with age comes wisdom. Btw I've been growing cannabis for over 25yrs!! So I guess I know little a bit. My most recent tree grow actually happened by accident! I really never intended on my girls getting so beastly especially out of a 7gal grow bag! But here we are and I'll start with the strains since you already know the medium. The strains were all developed by me since yes I am a breeder. I'm one of probably a million other breeders out there who just enjoy crossing different types of cannabis indica & sativa to achieve something new, fresh & extra potent! So here's what I'v got going on: Wonder Woman (White Rhino X White Window), Jack White (White Rhino X Jack Herer), Jack Og (Jack Herer X Og), Jack Haze (Jack Herer X Lavender Haze), Jackpot Og (Jack Og X Og #13), Jack & Sours (Jack Herer X Sour Grapes). That's all of the strains that will be discussed in this journal. If you want extra details about my Jack White project check out the breeder's lounge and click on my post: Jack White. Stay tuned for more updates and ask away with any questions. I'll do my best to answer and update weekly! Now for some beastly bitchin pics! Here's a link to my breeding project: JACK WHITE-https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/jack-white-f1-personally-bred.93441/
whats so special about what your doing that someone with out experience shouldnt try.

snoplow20

snoplow20

Ceiling height and burning your tops off. Your plants are touching your hoods bro. Lol

snoplow20

snoplow20

So check if out. Phenotypes are not determined by environmental differences or changes to a grow style or regime. A phenotype is predetermined by that plant's particular gentic makeup. The certain traits of X, Y or Z phenotypes happen at a celluar level. For an example. X is crossed with Y which equals Z. However Z is now considered "unstable" or F1. Lets say you make 100 F1 (Z) seeds. All of these F1 (Z) seeds will each be it's own "pheno". You would essentially have 100 different "phenotypes". Now you take these 100 phenos and select the best 50. You name these something like Pheno1, Pheno2, Pheno 3 and so on. Now you select the next best 25 and start looking for traits. What's more like parent X or parent Y? Which do you want to be more dominant parent X or parent Y? Are you looking for more weight? A better high? More bag appeal? You decide which phenos represent the scientific standard you set. So once you narrow it down to (10) selected phenos you can start cross pollinating and making F2s or you could choose to backcross to a specific parent to achieve a specific trait in a new pheno that you have not yet achieved. Once you have your best Indica pheno, Hybrid pheno and Sativa pheno you can then begin working on creating F3s, F4s, F5s and F6s. Once you reach an F6+ you pretty much have achieved genetic stablization. Because you have ran through six plus generations of said pheno. I know that all sounds crazy as bat shit. But I hope you understand.
holy shit. 100 different phenos from 100 seeds. Lol. X and Y equal Z. Environment does not affect phenotypical expression. Lol. 25 years experience.

Dutchcity

Dutchcity

“Phenotypes are not determined by environmental differences or changes to a grow style or regime. “

While I actually agree with most (key work there is most) of what you say I grossly disagree with your above quote. Breeding plants in commercial agricultural is shaped around environmental differences. And that’s because the environment for phenotypes is most certainly a driving force of plant characteristics.

snoplow20

snoplow20

“Phenotypes are not determined by environmental differences or changes to a grow style or regime. “

While I actually agree with most (key work there is most) of what you say I grossly disagree with your above quote. Breeding plants in commercial agricultural is shaped around environmental differences. And that’s because the environment for phenotypes is most certainly a driving force of plant characteristics.
i might be misinterpreting the x y z statement. I hear x and y and i think chromosomes. But 100 phenos out of 100 seeds. That would be one hell of a long stabilization process. Thats a lot of expression. So what happens with the f2s. 200 phenos out of 100 seeds. Lol

Dutchcity

Dutchcity

i might be misinterpreting the x y z statement. I hear x and y and i think chromosomes. But 100 phenos out of 100 seeds. That would be one hell of a long stabilization process. Thats a lot of expression. So what happens with the f2s. 200 phenos out of 100 seeds. Lol
Yeah that tripped me up. I think he meant parent 1 + parent 2 = offspring. Good look having enough space to grow out 100 plants to see there expression unless you have an actual operation.

DrPhillippe

DrPhillippe

Damn. It took you 60 hours to hang some lights. Lol. I read the post and heard 60 hours of manpower and thought i was gonna see a nice grow room. Is that not the same room in your tree grow thread.
It wasn't just 60hrs to hang lights. We did a whole lot more then that. I had to train these beasts and build out the new room too.

DrPhillippe

DrPhillippe

You say it just got flipped to flowering. Im confused because one plant is flowering hardcore and the rest look like there just starting. Pics 9 and 10 are definitely farther along then the rest of the pics.
I said I run a perpetual harvest. So one room is umm yeah 30 days ahead of the other room. Maybe you missed the title of this post. Since it clearly says: CMH PERPETUAL ORGANIC GROW

DrPhillippe

DrPhillippe

I also see a lot of yellowing and flop indicative of late flower.
Before I started flowering and before I switched over to all CMH lights I had T5 fluorescents which happened to burn some of the tops and others didn't get enough light thus creating the "yellow tops"

DrPhillippe

DrPhillippe

I also dont understand the idea of growing 6 feet tall plants and lollipopping em almost like a scrog grow.
The plants weren't grown intentionally 6ft tall. I was on a vacation and it sorta just happened under the care of someone else. However I am use to growing trees and this was a style of growing which I embarked on for many years. The reason why I chose to grow this way in the past is because I could keep my plant numbers down and achieve the same quanity most of the time a higher quanity than packing 150-250 plants in a 4x8 table & scorgging them out. I usually yield around 15-18ozs per tree. So 20 trees equals 300ozs compared to 250 very small scrogged plants yielding 1oz or less which equals 200-250 ozs. By growing this way I'm yielding more but with less plants!

Last edited:
DrPhillippe

DrPhillippe

the lights are nice. I will agree. But why such tall plants with so much lolli popping. You could achieve the same thing with much shorter plants.
I explained my methods above. Imo I cannot "achieve the same thing with much shorter plants" I would need 10x-15x the amount of plants. I like to keep my plant numbers low. This is my prevailing factor on why I chose to grow trees in the first place. Not to mention that big plants are just complete badasses!

DrPhillippe

DrPhillippe

Ceiling height and burning your tops off. Your plants are touching your hoods bro. Lol
The plants won't touch the hoods. They are trained not to do so. Each plant is grown large & trained to produce 15+ ozs per plant!

Top Bottom