CNN: Where are all the marijuana millionaires?

• Thread starter DWkush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr Dank

Yep within a year or 2, I wouldn't be surprised if half the shops close their doors. When indoor pounds are being sold for the same price almost as Cali outdoor due to oversaturation, it's just gonna take 3x as long to turn a profit,. MMC's out here are advertising top shelf at $200/oz....and in Cali the clubs are still getting $50/eighth all day long. I just saw where a club in cali is selling Charlie Sheen Kush (lol) for $70/eighth

when the mmc's are begging people to buy their meds at $25/eighth, that means they are hurting real bad

C

COb

A lot of folks I know aren't renewing their redcards, and most really dislike mmc herb/mmc experiences. There will (it's already happening) be a resurgence of demand for basement headies.

D

DoobyScoo

MMC's out here are advertising top shelf at $200/oz....

And that is all they are doing.
Advertising.

Much different when they actually get you in the door, from what people have told me.
Or, if they are selling their 'top shelf' at 200, their top shelf is shit, and only 'top shelf' in their eyes...To others it looks and tastes like Beasters.
:harvest:

Unit541

Unit541

There's tons of Marijuana Millionaires in Colorado. It's just that none of them are operating dispensaries or checking red cards.

Regulators in CO should see the writing on the wall. After all, they're the ones that wrote it. It says simply "Black market is Back".

Not to mention, card carrying patients are flocking to the street because well, at least here in the springs, the meds are much higher quality than most being pushed at MMCs. Additionally, Juan on the corner has been growing for 40 years and knows his shit, never takes your picture, asks you to fill out any paperwork, doesn't even care if you have fingerprints, and there's no chance he's going to slip RFID tracking devices in with your bud.

S

SoCoMMJ

There's tons of Marijuana Millionaires in Colorado. It's just that none of them are operating dispensaries or checking red cards.

Regulators in CO should see the writing on the wall. After all, they're the ones that wrote it. It says simply "Black market is Back".

Not to mention, card carrying patients are flocking to the street because well, at least here in the springs, the meds are much higher quality than most being pushed at MMCs. Additionally, Juan on the corner has been growing for 40 years and knows his shit, never takes your picture, asks you to fill out any paperwork, doesn't even care if you have fingerprints, and there's no chance he's going to slip RFID tracking devices in with your bud.

Pretty sure that dispensaries don't have to take your picture, fill out paperwork, fingerprint you, or slip RFID devices into your bud.

Do much fear mongering lately? There where these guys named Anslinger and Hearst. That's how they worked too....

Unit541

Unit541

Pretty sure that dispensaries don't have to take your picture, fill out paperwork, fingerprint you, or slip RFID devices into your bud.

Do much fear mongering lately? There where these guys named Anslinger and Hearst. That's how they worked too....

Do much reading of the our new July-effective regulations for MMC's lately? Do much talking to MMC operators lately? Not fear mongering, just regurgitating legislative policy, and calling it as I see it on the street. I'm not the one scaring patients out of MMC's and away from the registry altogether. The DOR has that covered with their every more Orwellian policies and practices.

Calling a spade a spade brother... that's it.

S

SoCoMMJ

Do much reading of the our new July-effective regulations for MMC's lately? Do much talking to MMC operators lately? Not fear mongering, just regurgitating legislative policy, and calling it as I see it on the street. I'm not the one scaring patients out of MMC's and away from the registry altogether. The DOR has that covered with their every more Orwellian policies and practices.

Calling a spade a spade brother... that's it.

You need to update your rhetoric then.
The DOR Regulations do not require finger printing patients
The DOR Regulations do not require photographs of patients
The DOR Regulations do not require any form of RFID tracking devices to be placed in the bud for tracking.

Etc Etc... pretty much nothing that you posted exists except in crap they were mulling about in 2010.

Yes, I've personally read the regulations many times, and pay lawyers to decipher what it is that the legal spew means.

Here's a link to the current version of the rules from the DOR... Please feel free to quote the things from your post that the experts have missed.

Unit541

Unit541

Here's a link to the current version of the rules from the DOR... Please feel free to quote the things from your post that the experts have missed.

I appreciate the link, thank you very much.

sedate

sedate

Blaze said:
Unfortunately, (very unfortunately) from what I have seen here in Cali, the exact opposite is true. The people who are in it "for the love of the plant" sometimes end up broke and out of business because they often cannot turn a profit or get taken advantage of. If you don't pay attention to your bottom line, it won't matter how enthusiastic you are, how much you love the plant, or how good a grower you are, because you won't be able to pay your bills.

Yea really.

Every soil loving sativa grower is SOL, sad to say . . . .

Unit541 said:

Hehe. I can't help but think that this is only too true.

C

cheech

i'm wondering if these crazy regulations are helping to keep the prices up. most people will comply with the law, and the ones that don't will make a ton or get burned trying.. i definitely don't feel bad for the dispensary owners though... hey world, i'm here to sell you pot! come on in - everybody now!

S

SoCoMMJ

Our attorneys and the DOR made more from our business than we did in 2010.

Maybe 2011 will be better, but the DOR License fees have not been posted yet and the City of Colorado Springs is looking for a nice sized money grab for fees as well.

O

otto

they are the ones bending the ears of the ones who make the rules

Top Bottom