CNS 17 hydro in coco

• Thread starter Kush Lungs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kush Lungs

Hey everyone, I got a question.

I accidentally dumped the rest of my cns 17 bloom for coco and my local hydro store is out of stock.

My original plan was to switch to dyna grow but they haven't carried it in many years so I'm basically stuck ordering the dyna over the net but I need to water ASAP. They are all wilty and sad at the moment.

So my question is am i able to use cns17 hydro in place of the coco formula until my dyna arrives? When I first started growing i didn't see that there was 2 different formulas for coco and hydro and bought hydro by accident.

Cocos npk are: 2.2.3
And hydros are: 2.2.5

And the only difference is the hydro has .5 less calcium. But I use calmag so dunno if this would even matter

The Terps

The Terps

Yes you defiantly can use the hydro in its place and yes coco has more catiautic ions which can use more calcium that's why they add it to the coco formula. That's the only difference and its not going to be a big deal to switch. Soil coco and hydro nuts have very little differences and could be substituted. You may want to add 1\4 strength calcium to make up the difference

K

Kush Lungs

Yes you defiantly can use the hydro in its place and yes coco has more catiautic ions which can use more calcium that's why they add it to the coco formula. That's the only difference and its not going to be a big deal to switch. Soil coco and hydro nuts have very little differences and could be substituted. You may want to add 1\4 strength calcium to make up the difference

Awesome thanks for the reply. I kinda figured as much but wanted to make sure. And I'll add some extra calmag into the mix also.

The Terps

The Terps

I still wouldn't go full or half strength calcium until you see if the response of the plants. You can always add but you can't take it away

Top Bottom