cns17 whats with no iron?

• Thread starter kushtrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushtrees

I want to try cns17 hydro grow and bloom I like the ratios especially for bloom, very close to dankworths JK's mix for dtw chow mix (what im using)

20ml bloom/ gal is

121 N
53 P
253 K
122 Ca
30 Mg
69 S

add a gram of epsom (26 Mg 34 S)

making
56 Mg
103 S

very close to 2.5-1-5 lil low on Ca maybe but good amount of Mg and loving the high S

I love that its one part as well, but the one thing that concerns me is there is no iron in it...

anyone have any issue because of this? anyone add iron? if so what are you using? any good micro mixes?

thanks everyone

PS im using RO water

dankworth

dankworth

I want to try cns17 hydro grow and bloom I like the ratios especially for bloom, very close to dankworths JK's mix for dtw chow mix (what im using)

20ml bloom/ gal is

121 N
53 P
253 K
122 Ca
30 Mg
69 S

add a gram of epsom (26 Mg 34 S)

making
56 Mg
103 S

very close to 2.5-1-5 lil low on Ca maybe but good amount of Mg and loving the high S

I love that its one part as well, but the one thing that concerns me is there is no iron in it...

anyone have any issue because of this? anyone add iron? if so what are you using? any good micro mixes?

thanks everyone

PS im using RO water

I bought some random micro mix from the ag place. They said that one version of micros they had would not be compatible with Ca, so I got this one. It is 4.5% Fe, so I went for 4.5 ppms Fe.

Capulator knows micro mixes from his work involving Jack's hydroponic formula I think, maybe check with him about that.

I wish I knew more about this right now.
I did pay like 25.00 or so for 3 lb of my micro mix from Marion Ag in St. Paul.

JK recommended at least a 2.5:1 K:N ratio for dtw coco mixes. Having run other K:N ratios, I have to say that I really really like what the higher K does to my buds. Better weight, less leaf, less trimming time, better product, higher bag appeal. I actually cannot think of a downside right now.

You could add some K sulfate in for more K and S to tweak your formula.
I like when my N and Ca match like that for coco mixes. If I was running 100% coco, I might want Ca to be like 15-20% higher, but that is just a semi-educated guess.

JK talks about supplementing the ratio I talked about with a foliar agent called Calcium 25, so maybe a higher Ca rate would end up better for us.

Dude thanks so much for hanging out and sharing info. I have always wanted to roll with a posse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom