Co Laws

• Thread starter sox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sox

sox

will somebody break down the mmj laws in CO for me?
is it every county for themselves like CA or just statewide.

thanks all, i got a buddy relocating and we want to know whats really up.

love & light

A

A20Grower

Short Answer: It depends.

If you're looking to grow more than your own 3/3, six total, don't bother. If you're going to bother, find an attorney, you'll need it.

If you're looking to cash in on the black market, don't bother.

Colorado ain't cali, you can't grow and sell to retail outlets, if you grow for other patients you have to register your grow with the state and open yourself up to inspection, and you're limited to five patients. Caregivers can't live together, one per household. Docs may recommend additional weight and higher plant counts, but I don't think the various Metro Drug Task Forces recognize those, you'll have to prove personal use and need in court. Good luck with that.

If you've got legitimate medical issues and can't grow your own, you might have trouble finding a caregiver who can grow true fire on your behalf. If that's the case you're stuck with the MMC's.

What sort of 'breakdown' are you looking for? Have you read Amendment 20, HB1284 or SB109? Start there, then ask questions if you have them. Those three documents pretty much spell out how MMJ works here in CO.

Reactions: sox
sox

sox

Short Answer: It depends.

If you're looking to grow more than your own 3/3, six total, don't bother. If you're going to bother, find an attorney, you'll need it.

If you're looking to cash in on the black market, don't bother.

Colorado ain't cali, you can't grow and sell to retail outlets, if you grow for other patients you have to register your grow with the state and open yourself up to inspection, and you're limited to five patients. Caregivers can't live together, one per household. Docs may recommend additional weight and higher plant counts, but I don't think the various Metro Drug Task Forces recognize those, you'll have to prove personal use and need in court. Good luck with that.

If you've got legitimate medical issues and can't grow your own, you might have trouble finding a caregiver who can grow true fire on your behalf. If that's the case you're stuck with the MMC's.

What sort of 'breakdown' are you looking for? Have you read Amendment 20, HB1284 or SB109? Start there, then ask questions if you have them. Those three documents pretty much spell out how MMJ works here in CO.
ce...

nice...hes a personal grower..old as fuck....so its not a warehouse or anything...so your sayin 3 in veg and 3 in flower is all he can do? is outdoor allowed?

sky high

sky high

Statewide rules cover individual use under amendment 20/Article 14 of the CO Constitution and the program is ran by the Public Health Dept.

"The industry"/etc. is covered under HB1284 and is regulated under the Dept. of Revenue. Retail sales/commercial grows/etc can all be regulated or banned outright by the cities/towns/counties if they so choose.

Individual rights to grow/possess are Statewide and cannot be changed/denied at a town/city/county level.

more info here at the State page:

Keep in mind that a lot will change across the board if Amendment 64 passes!!

sox

sox

if he grows say 15 plants inside, 10 big ones outside..will he be in any trouble?
old dude, war vet.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

if he has a girl or any relatives just have them spend 100$ and get a red card, make him the caregiver.

people will scare you or try and give your opinions, this place is fucking BEAUTIFUL affordable and not a scum armpit like California is. its not all "yo brahs" and "hey bros" fucking 20 year olds with jeans and sandals, there is an actual medical scene out here. its nice.

great place great weather all four seasons good people and less risk.... why not?

sox

sox

if he has a girl or any relatives just have them spend 100$ and get a red card, make him the caregiver.

people will scare you or try and give your opinions, this place is fucking BEAUTIFUL affordable and not a scum armpit like California is. its not all "yo brahs" and "hey bros" fucking 20 year olds with jeans and sandals, there is an actual medical scene out here. its nice.

great place great weather all four seasons good people and less risk.... why not?

yeah, def good people and beautiful land in co....i dont know if id go as far as calling cali a scummy armpit, there are beautiful spots in norcal and on the central coast that are untouched...and the best people, you just have to dig through the bs to find them.

so whats the plant count i can give this dude to feel safe, thats what hes lookin for. and can he do an outy

love & light

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

i dont think he would have anything to worry about, i have me and my mrs and i try to run semi decent numbers....

all the same, those laws may change soon so it may be different....

then again i feel if normal people can grow 6 (assuming the law passes) the first thing im going to try and do is get an increased plant count because im medical. seems fair, right?

outdoor isnt a problem, as long as your not on a 1/4 plot or something LOL. if you have any means of concealment (land, high fences, bushes etc) i think he'll be just fine.

all the same, just because its cool with the law doesnt mean thugs wont jack your shit. almost every other day i hear about some warehouse or dispensary getting robbed..... fucking dumbasses.

not dis on california, borned and raised all over. I lived in grass valley for a bit, that was really really awesome.

most of my time was in san diego, which is cool, but way hyped out, expensive, dangerous as far as crime and bullshit... but yeah i didnt mean all of california, definitely some good places to be had north and south.... im just over the "beach life" when nobody goes to the beach, they just sit in traffic along it.

sky high

sky high

My take:

3/3 and 2 ounces in posession per card is the law/the "safe" numbers you can relay, sox. This area is where the law says that every CARD HOLDER (not rec holder) has an "affirmative defense" against prosecution.

Your buddy can certainly get an extended count for more plants/weight via his doctor, but the excesses could land him in court/etc in an attempt to prove true NEED should something go wrong/should LEO become involved. FWIW....3/3 per card is the LAW and is what most investigating officers will be trained to deal with in the feild.

Outdoors is allowed as far as I know....but keep in mind that outdoors here in Colorado can be tricky because of the short season.....even on the Front Range. IMO. a "smart" grower wouldn't put a bunch outside and have a bunch goin inside if he didn't have a card/cards to cover what can be seen easily....

I personally say grow what you want to grow...but treat it like it is a completely illegal op. (Keep it all under wraps and you will probably be OK.)

sox

sox

thanks all for the responses....id hope they dont fuck with a disabled vet over a couple plants....we will see

love & light

sky high

sky high

A "couple" over ( 2 ) is different than 10 outside and 15 inside. I doubt that 2 over on a 3/3 count would be anything >most< cops would want to follow through court on a carded med patient...and Vet.

I hope it works out for him and he can make the move if he so chooses. >>RESPECT<<

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Your buddy can certainly get an extended count for more plants/weight via his doctor, but the excesses could land him in court/etc in an attempt to prove true NEED should something go wrong/should LEO become involved. FWIW....3/3 per card is the LAW and is what most investigating officers will be trained to deal with in the feild.
My take was that when 1284 came about and the registry limited caregivers (with limited exceptions) to 5 patients, per 1284, and 1284 recognized statewide doctor overages and they even put it on the application. Not to say that certain counties will read it how they will, but it should just be a 'good to see you are within your X plants here' (more than 3/3). Of course just depends on the county and the lawman, but my impression was that when they hog tied our patient numbers, recognized extended counts and the registry followed suit...That was the rulebook we were playing by, not 100% am 20 or HB 1284, but some weird Frankenstien abomination.

Or like Aladin says "You're not in trouble if you don't get caught."

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

So even though it is a Statewide right, enforcement and interpretation vary from county to county.

sky high

sky high

:D Well I hope it works that way dope...being I'm sitting on a new 36 plant rec....:D

not that I CARE either way....

My county TRIED to regulate me as a patient...but I hired an attorney and he told them they would be SUED if they didn't follow the law.... STATEWIDE law. They agreed,,,and backed down because they had no right (and knew it) to regulate anything other than commercial ops under 1284..or under A20.

fun, fun, fun....

G

growbigtrees

:D Well I hope it works that way dope...being I'm sitting on a new 36 plant rec....:D

not that I CARE either way....

My county TRIED to regulate me as a patient...but I hired an attorney and he told them they would be SUED if they didn't follow the law.... STATEWIDE law. They agreed,,,and backed down because they had no right (and knew it) to regulate anything other than commercial ops under 1284..or under A20.

fun, fun, fun....
Did you have any law enforcement/mmj enforcement at your house? Or did they come at you because of your extended plant count from the registry?

sky high

sky high

LEO was at my house because I had a rip-off of my meds from an OD greenhouse by some teenagers my kids went to HS with. LEO (county) processed it as Trespassing/Burglary and the kids went through "juvie" over the entire matter. (not my choice, the courts choice)

From my understanding....LEO would have to breech the Registry physically and go through your files to find the extended count because it is only listed on the application for a license...not on the license itself. According to A20, all they can do by law is ask if you are ON the Registry or verify who your patients are if you are a CG. (1284 stipulates this one)

G

growbigtrees

LEO was at my house because I had a rip-off of my meds from an OD greenhouse by some teenagers my kids went to HS with. LEO (county) processed it as Trespassing/Burglary and the kids went through "juvie" over the entire matter. (not my choice, the courts choice)

From my understanding....LEO would have to breech the Registry physically and go through your files to find the extended count because it is only listed on the application for a license...not on the license itself. According to A20, all they can do by law is ask if you are ON the Registry or verify who your patients are if you are a CG. (1284 stipulates this one)

Awesome, thank you for clearing this up for me. I am going to go ahead and get my numbers extended for tincture making. Thank you.

G

growbigtrees

Also did they see get to see your grow with all the plants in flower/veg?

sky high

sky high

They saw 5 empty containers and 5 that still had plants in 'em.... and we only had 2 cards... so technically...we were out of complance. These weren't >trees< tho....just 2 gal pots with 1 oz plants in em. I made it sound as if the plants in the GH were all we had for 3-4 months til our next harvest....and because I didn't make em kick the door in/get a warrant...they never asked if I had anyhting else goin or looked around the house at all....and never saw the 25 or so I had in the indoor grow in the garage.

Top Bottom